Reviews for The Taste of Bitterness
AngelSilverWing1 chapter 13 . 12/15/2013
That was really sad and depressing...but I still loved it! It kinda reminds me of my life _
Kherohi chapter 11 . 6/10/2012
Too lazy to log in... But that was amazing how everything built up with Kaiba thinking about how he won the chess game and how it was his determination and then it was all crushed.
Guptanation chapter 13 . 2/23/2011
damn, that was such an incredibly sad story, though a really interesting exploration of Kaiba's life, how he became who he is, and just who exactly he is. Really well-written. As incredibly bittersweet as it was, I loved the ending, because that's just who Kaiba is, and had he opened up to Yugi then and there, it would have been throwing away a lifetime's worth of sacrifice.
ginny britto chapter 13 . 2/9/2011
totally loved it!
EvilKnivel38x chapter 5 . 9/1/2010
i thought it was really really sweet when Seto and Mokuba talked aout what they would do when they got out of the orphanage
GryphonWonder14 chapter 13 . 2/1/2010
You're a wonderful author and an amazing storyteller. This was such an experience to read- the raw emotion and psychological analysis of the characters war incredible! It was sufficiently dark and horrifyingly in-tune with both Kaiba's personalities and character. I, for one, have always wanted Seto to reveal his past and his feelings to Yugi and in that way to become good friends with him. Seto deserves this, in my optimistic opinion so I was kind of disappointed that this fic ended on a different note. However, you are right; your ending is far more fitting to Seto's character.

Great job!
Hiei'sRedRose chapter 6 . 6/24/2009
I'm so glad I happened to come across this story earlier this evening. The very beginning sentence in the story caught my attention, if anything else. And ever since, I've been very hooked. You have an amazing gift with writing, and I absolutely adore it.

I love how each chapter is separated. You have the part that's only in Kaiba's point of view, him telling the story. And then you have the rest of the world in third person. Like Mokuba, Yugi, and everyone else. It's an amazing idea.

All in all so far, I have to say I'm in love with the story. It's one of the best Kaiba brother stories I've read in the longest time, and I think otu of all of the stories, this happens to be my favorite.

I look forward to reading the rest, and I do hope that things work out for the Kaiba brothers. And Jumi. I love him, he's so cute.
HiKari Mokuba's Guardian chapter 13 . 7/5/2006
AW CUTTE!

Like I said before, your a pretty awesome writer. Keep going!

Kari
AmunRa chapter 13 . 5/15/2006
You've restored my faith in the YGO fanfiction fandom.

This is one of the best written, intelligent, and trully amazing stories I've had the pleasure of reading. I can't remember the last time I've spent most of my free time (even some at work) reading a fanfic, but it was well worth it. The last paragraph and the last line really summed up the character of Seto Kaiba and I can think of no better way to end the journey he went on during the course of this story. Thank you for sharing it!

The poem was very fitting and absolutely gorgeous as well, by the way. Kudos to your friend as well!
AmunRa chapter 6 . 5/14/2006
Wow... this is definitely unique and very intriguing. It's a great study into the circumnstances that shapted the lives of two boys, which I haven't seen writen about before. Mokuba ending up in an orphanage again just hows how life can work, but I'm glad that he's got some people working on his side.

It's late, if not I'd read the whole thing now, but I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying the story very much.
angelsdawn1004 chapter 13 . 3/22/2006
Wow great story and great poem.
Danny'sGhostGirl chapter 13 . 2/3/2006
Wow. I applaud u on yur writing skills _ This was an awesome story. It made me tear up in a few places _ ...I dont know why I just put a happy face abou that but...w/e :p heehee _
P chapter 13 . 1/26/2006
Well, you certainly have enough reviews for this story already...why'd I bother finally remembering to write one? (And it's an older story...and you said you usually don't care so much...)

Anyhow. I meant to send you one on Sunday. Sorry.

Yup, so, I liked this story. Jumi's as cute as ever. Though, hmm...it's been so long since I read it, I can't remember all the lines I had in my head to comment on...sorry. What a pathetic review. I'll try better next time. Promise.
beeswax chapter 5 . 1/10/2006
oh, wow, that's my favorite tabloid too!
KonekoTsuki chapter 5 . 10/18/2005
Leaving behind a quick review. "luck had probably been high on drugs." had me cracking up. Genius.

-Koneko Tsuki

"Sometimes it's best to leave the words on the doorstep rather than invite in when comforting a loved one."