Reviews for Closure
TOSoldtimer chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
Just reread this a year later - and it's still great. Still hoping for chapter 3 too. Thanks for a great read.
TOSoldtimer chapter 2 . 6/20/2014
Your take on a regretful Kenshin is wonderful, and the whole story is masterfully written. It's never too late to finish a great story, you know.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 2 . 12/27/2006
What a refreshing change from the usual "nutcase shows up at the dojo to take Kenshin's head" vengeance fics. I liked how this young man had enough maturity and presence of mind to talk face to face with Kenshin instead of seeking revenge against him. Yahiko and Sano were funny as always.

I hope you're still working on this story. I'll add it to my faves when it's complete.
SzaharaTheSame chapter 2 . 12/12/2006
I cant wait for the third part... :) This is very exciting, the suspense is killing me... I always liked the more tragic stories of Kenshins time as an assassin. Espacially those which describe an assignment of his. There are some real good fic like that out there and this is one of them :)

Keep up the good work!

Nice of you to explain the food name, I wouldnt make a good Japanese (or Finnish for that matter) I dont like fish, only very-very rarely, only tuna and once in a blue moon. My mother always says: "It is healthy!" but it!s not my stuff, I like game and wild meat much more. My deer stew, pheasant and rabit... mmh... God I am hungry now...
Laegdin chapter 2 . 3/12/2006
There is nothing sadder than a great story left unfinished so I was very happy to see in your profile that 'Closure' is still in progress.

I love the characterisation in your story, especially in the quiet scenes between Kenshin and Kaoru. And the scene where Itchiito meets Kenshin for the first time; I had to laugh at the line: "Everyone say that," he mutters. It so clearly shows his reluctant acceptance of his appearance. :-)

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 2 . 3/3/2006
Wince.

Poor Kenshin, another ghost from the past cropping up like that to remind him of why he took the path of atonement so many years before.

I like the unexpectedness of your story. Instead of a raving lunatic bent on revenge, you gave us an earnest young man who simply wanted to know how his father died. And painful though it was for Kenshin to answer, he remembered the incident and related it truthfully. That sort of moral courage is often overlooked in RK stories. It's nice to see it in yours.

Good job!
skenshingumi chapter 2 . 10/22/2005
This was an excellent piece of work. Your portrait of Ichiito and his gut-wrenching story made more poignant by Kenshin's reaction and our knowledge of the characters was wonderfully done. You have Knehsin so perfectly in character throughout. I love the look and words he speaks to his friends as he is about to let them hear some of the truth of his past. I can't wait to see what other stories you have written and I will look forward to the update to this one!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
I was so happy to find your story. I find it gets harder and harder to find well written RuroKen stories that are set in the Meiji era and are more or less true to the timeline. So many are the Kenshingumi in high school and, while some of that can be fun, it just isn't the same.

Now as to this chapter, I thought it was the best I've read in a while. The characters personalities come across so well as you describe their thoughts and actions. Sano defending gambling while grousing about police, Yahiko and Sano's exchange about carrying the fish, Kaoru's musings and worry about the officer and whether to let him in were all perfectly in character and well realized. I loved the way Kaoru's head is so quickly turned by the compliment about her being a good cook and then Sano and Yahiko's frank reaction to that. I am really looking forward to the next chapter.
Broken Quill and Scattered Ink chapter 2 . 5/7/2005
wow...this was the best story ever...

youve totally got to keep this going!
Shauntell chapter 2 . 4/23/2005
MORE! This is interesting! Please write more? And upload three chapters next time? _
benign intent chapter 2 . 4/21/2005
Thank you for this nice story, of which more would be appreciated. I like to see how Kenshin meets the results of his time in the Bakumatsu as he does, and not all of the victims' family would seek revenge. I'm glad Ichiito is a 'real' character, and you do well with the chaotic dojo dynamics.
moeru himura chapter 2 . 4/19/2005
(this review should have been posted much earlier on... reason behind that is thanks to )I'm continuing to enjoy this. I love the dialogues and your writing is impeccable. Good job. Can't wait for the next chap!:p
lolo popoki chapter 2 . 4/17/2005
Wonderful chapter! Poor Kenshin... another ghost from his past coming back to haunt him... but at least Ichiito doesn't seem to be after revenge. It's refreshing to see a fic where someone's not trying to kill Kenshin for what he did as a hitokiri! Great job on this fic! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
conspirator chapter 2 . 4/17/2005
This is a wonderful story. Your characterization of Kenshin, Kaoru, Sano, Yahiko-everything!- is just perfect. I eagerly await Chapter 3!
misaoshiru chapter 2 . 4/17/2005
Meh. Stupid . They took " " out of my last review... XD So. Yeah. I really like your writing style, and this story is just...awesome. I love it so far, and I really want to read more. So I'll be waiting.