Reviews for A Merciless Affection
msavi chapter 13 . 2/1
Every time I read this chapter (and I have read this fic in its entirety at least 3 times, and my favorite sections many more), I keep expecting Sarah to hold up an index finger, clear her throat and say, "Erm, excuse me? I'm sorry to bunk up all your brilliant plans here, but no one has asked me to marry him, and even if he did, I'd have to decline," and get up and stalk out of Dumbledore's office. The railroading in this scene is intolerable to me, in the best possible way. It's that part in the edge-of-your-seat suspenseful movie where you screech at the heroine on the screen: "RUN, YOU DOLT!" and groan in disgust when she opens the creepy door anyway.

Sarah has always seemed far more self-sufficient to me than she gives herself credit for, and I've always thought she could've made it on her own if she'd been left with no other desirable option. People "forget" her, after all, so it seems feasible to me that she should be able to leave Hogwarts and start a new life without too much interference from others, both the well-meaning and nefarious alike.

Of course, that would most likely leave us with much less Snape in this story, and we can't have that now, can we? ;)
Guest chapter 63 . 9/21/2013
tap tap tap need the conclusion!
Katy98 chapter 63 . 5/25/2013
Amazing! The writing was superb and you did a great job keeping the characters, well, in character (Sarah wasn't at all a Mary Sue, and Snape never strayed into utter sentimentality). i I read this in the space of 24 hours, and would love it if you ever posted the last chapter, however improbable that may be at this point. I would also love it if you ever wrote anything else- it would be fascinating to see Sarah's parents' relationship, for example.
Angela chapter 63 . 1/13/2013
I really enjoyed your story - the charcter development was sublime and the emotion rang true. Honestly, many of the bittersweet and melancholy moments made me weep. I know it has been so very long since the last update but I do hope you post the final chapter. I'm so keen to see your vision for our favourite hero and heroine.
Lokis-Army-1st-Lieutenant chapter 63 . 12/6/2012
I read this entire story in like four days. And I have to say that you are a perfect writer for Harry Potter stories! I love your portrayal of Snape (especially when he says 'who is hiding in my classroom') and I love your portrayal of Bellatrix, who is my favorite character. Love, love, love!
Guest chapter 63 . 7/19/2012
Wow - I love the way you write. I was enthralled through the whole story. I love the alternate background you created for Snape. I hope you, at some time, decide to complete the final Epilogue and tell us what happened to Sara and Snape. What a brutal, lovely tale. It rings so true for Snape's character. I was just blown away. Thank you so much for all of your hard work and dilligent writing. I have very much so enjoyed this story.

Take care,
Katie
Elizabeth Prince chapter 11 . 2/27/2012
Oh my! I would love it if Snape turned up at my door for Christmas! Love love love your story!
Elizabeth Prince chapter 6 . 2/27/2012
This story is awesome! I am really enjoying it. Very creative.
Elizabeth Prince chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Oh my gosh I just read through all the titles of your chapters and they are all from The Phantom of the Opera! So cool! Loved your first chapter.
jokergurl92 chapter 61 . 1/18/2012
This isn't the first time I've read your story, in fact it's been perhaps the third time. I finally have an account myself and wanted to review to you properly.

First off, I love the plot, the development of the characters. Snape is so ideal to what he'd be like if he had to love a Gryffindor student, a Gryffindor above all! I sometimes imagine that this a story JK wrote her self because it's developed, so very well written, plotted, and organized. The time you took to do all this seems like the time JKR has taken to do the harry potter series as a whole.

Secondly, I love the arguments throughout; an argument with Severus Snape is an argument that's both hardly winning but worth the argument's sake. Sarah and Snape clashed so well together that it was just worth all the leaving he did, and her confusion and uncertainty. I loved it all!

And last, I hated to see it end but in a way, it was nice to see how their lives would've ended together if Sarah Darkglass did exist. I enjoyed reading the story (again and again) and love it all the time more after I've read it again.

- Mandie.
kellbells chapter 4 . 9/20/2011
Every time I hear the song Don't You Wanna Stay by Jason Alden and Kelly Clarkson I think of this story!
mudpuddledemon chapter 46 . 8/17/2011
Eegads woman, dawn is breaking and I've been completely unable to get to sleep. This is mostly my own stress, which I saught to escape in fiction(!), but seriously compounded by this despairingly upsetting story! And really, I've got at least two on my favorites list where the bloody lizard wins and murders everyone. Favorites list! Murders everyone! And your's is keeping me up at night. This is some seriously quarked stuff right here. Which is possibly, mostly, a compliment. In that 5 am kind of way. 3
mudpuddledemon chapter 42 . 8/17/2011
A lovely chapter, but I am a wee bit dissapointed at the loss of that spectacularly melodramatic sounding bit of plot.
mudpuddledemon chapter 31 . 8/16/2011
Wow was that ever intense. But so, so well done. Bravo!
mudpuddledemon chapter 26 . 8/16/2011
A favorite chapter of mine. And dear lord, that music video should come with a warning label. The comments had me rolling!