Reviews for Spectrum
funkymoleperson chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
I tried reading this once - long ago, before "Benediction" and I even knew what your authorname was. I don't think I got very far. Either that, or I was simply skimming.

When I started reading your fics in earnest, I came back to this and tried to read it again, but again didn't get very far. I'm not sure why - though perhaps you're writing has managed to exceed my reading skill level. Then again, maybe my brain couldn't wrap around anything too complex that day.

Today, however, I read it all the way through, and this time (Martel forbid) I understood it. Another to fave, for this is good, really, even if confused poor little Pearler at first.

Wishes She Had Cool Taglines Like You,

Pearl
RosieG.9012 chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Amazing. This is my second reading of this story, and it's even better than the first reading. I love the way you so subtly weave the characters and expieriences into the story. You have to read carefully to fully know what's going on, and that's pretty cool.
Linkite chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Very well written! I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Keep writing! _
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
I read this awhile ago, at AngelWhite's encouraging. But I hadn't reviewed! And now I feel horrible for gyping you a review. / You're an amazing writer- this piece proves it. I love how you write so eloquently, and the words flow together smoothly. I wish I could do that! _

I love the perspective this is written in. Not quite 3rd person, even though it is. Very, very good. It deserves twenty more reviews. )

Pawprints!

-KK
SilverLocke980 chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
Wow! I have... no idea what Tales of Symphonia is! But I know a good story when I see one, and this...

It smacks heavily loud of Yuffie; I don't know if you've realized this, my friend, but Yuffie speaks loudly and clearly in all your characters. It is, however, not in the way they act or they way they think, but the way they *feel*, in which they are so much like Yuffie. And personally, my friend?

Yuffie's the red headed guy in this fic. I know that sounds really, really strange, but the guy you speak of at the end? The one who is too imperfect and too *loud*? (and that last reeks heavily of Yuffie, my friend, heavily of Yuffie's too bright big laughter and thundering, roll-over-everything talk) For some reason, I see Yuffie in him.

And then there is the new character, the one you invent every time you write, the one that makes this particular fic different from others, the one that shows that, while Yuffie makes her appearance (and I do it too... the character I channel most might well be Siegfried, some kind of damned nobility), this fic is not about her. And here, the new voice, the one we are interested in as readers, is the speaker... she is calm, collected, quiet. She is not a loud girl-warrior, bumbling about like an idiot and fooling up when she least needs it; she is not a cold, arrogant young woman. She is someone with a mission; she is someone with a job. She is someone who is cool and clear. Angel wings and white do not fool her when worn on black. And she is not lonely, or lost, or bound. It is her life and her choices.

Somehow, I think she stitched up a lot more than just a shirt when she went back home.

Kudos, Sabe! This is one of your better pieces!

Your Friend,

-Silverlocke980
angel white chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Wow.. this was beautiful. I'm at a loss for words, really.. I had to reread it a few times, to make sure that I hadn't skipped over anything - strange as it is, I missed the Zelos part the first time around, and then saw other things that I failed to pick up.. and yet on the last reading I saw it all, and it remained beautiful. She sees her life through colors, her life and the lives that touched hers.. that, I think, is the most important facet of this piece.

The only thing that struck me as out of place was the very beginning, when talking of her Mother's eyes.. while it fits, so well, with the structure of the piece, I cannot help but remember that Sheena was found in the woods as a child.. at least, I think that is what was said; yet regardless, it doesn't take away from the beauty of the completed work.
brie chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
all this... and i still don't see a real "romantic lead"... maybe it's just my slowness kicking in. Anyways... get ready for it... squeegle! That's right i said it, i love the story, i told you before. The ending is beautiful, sort of a mix of all the endings you proposed. Best Sheena fic i've read, and i've read a few! Keep it up, Sabriel.
Rose-Wisteria chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Ah, it's a shame that this one-shot was overlooked by so many. A big shame indeed. It was very creative indeed. It was definitely beautiful and... colorful. The way you string words together with such elegance is to be praise. Plus, it's a Sheelos too.

The parts I enjoyed the most was the one with Zelos in it. However, the one with Corrine in it was so sad as well. I don't know why it's sad, but I guess I'm a little emotional when it comes to Corrine. Her thoughts, Sheena's thoughts, were portrayed extremely well and regardless of how she feels for Zelos, she really thinks about him a lot. It was obvious in your writing. The details, the thoughts, the words, everything was so perfect! *add to favorites* *author alert* I would add you to my favorite authors.. but I only read one writing from you and I cannot determine much from a single work. Though, I would enjoy more from you. It is excellent! Very well-written one-shot! I'm going to recommend this to everybody I know. _ Keep it up! Hope to see more Sheelos works from you.
Summoner Angel chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
*falls over* WOW! this is really, really, really good! i love how you used colors to talk about aspects of Sheena's life and how vivid all the descriptions were. good job! keep it up!

~sa~
DrippingInk chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Nice. Nothing short of flawless. Congratulations on a job well done.
Verdot chapter 1 . 3/8/2005
Never played this game, but I tend you read your stuff anyway.

Even though I don't know these characters, there's a certain universality to the experience... and I felt like I could know them.

Always a fan of your writing.

~Cendrillo