Reviews for First Name Basis
kimmycub1234 chapter 5 . 10/9/2015
(I KINDA DIDN'T FINISH MY LAST REVIEW BECAUSE I ACCIDENTALY HIT POST SO I'M GONNA ATTEMPT TO PIECE TOGETHER THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE)
I LOOVE That in this fanfic he is very perceptive, and even paranoid at times. It shows how he as grown from being a spy, and even the consequences of it. And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE that in Hermiones point of view, she thinks he has no IDEA she thinks of him as "Sevie" from now on: but in his, he knows exactly what she's thinking all steps of the way, but actually shrugs it off as him being too paranoid. It is very well presented and shows how things would actually work in this situation with these characters, and it's something I have never seen been done.
Anyways, I'm rambling again... Thank you so much for writing this, it gives me fangirl fodder for many weeks to come involving my favorite ship...and fan art fodder, too.
*hesitantly tries to decide where fanfic ranks in my top 5 snamione fics*
kimmycub1234 chapter 4 . 10/9/2015
Okay so, I'v only read...about...I'm gonna say 4 REALLY GREAT Snape/Hermione fanfics, and I'm adding this one to that list. Honestly, part of the charm is that this is based on a true story, it's not a figment of imagination. This gives it a bit of realistic-ness that some fanfics might lack, and cuts down on those death-defying plot holes. Another part I love is that you do it from two characters point of view, at the beginning Hermione, and now Snape! I'v only seen one other fanfic do this and it is now my favorite Snamione fic of them all because it works so well in the stories favor, instead of trying to cram all the peoples feelings into one chapter (which can create a big crowded mess most of the time) Giving point of views their own chapters is a good framing device and allows us to see how both of them are feeling in depth and detail, while otherwise you'd be paying too much attention on getting both their opinions in. But BY FAR my favorite part about the fic is, if I may: "Sevie" himself (Sorry Severus). It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Snape. Hell, I have a Snape NIGHT GOWN. But one thing I see people doing a lot (And even myself sometimes..) Is that people tend to make him a bit of a cardboard cut out. Yes, they show him as tortured, and in depth, and sarcastic, and even forgetful I'v seen. (Butt) a lot of the time, I don't see people giving him much more than that and like I said, even I make this mistake sometimes. It is very easy to just see him as the cruel professor with a tragic past, and not much more. Though his story is tragic, and somewhat of a heartbreaking fairy tale: that didn't make him emotionless. Tough he is a brave man: that doesn't make him too powerful for fears MIGHTY GRIP (Oh Kim, so dramatic...) What I'm saying is: he is more than what his younger students see him as over the years, more than a kitten in a monsters disguise. In this fanfic, I LIKE that he's able to have real expressiveness, I LIKE that he's able to be scared of a little mother-Hubbard like mother, I LIKE that he is able to be embarrassed, even if he doesn't show it. And even with his spy-self, I LOVE in this fanfic that he is ver perceptive, and even
GrinningCat chapter 10 . 9/18/2015
This was great fun. So lovely, too.
asma4life chapter 1 . 8/27/2015
Can you teach me how to play MASH? It sounds fun! :)
dauntless xbitch chapter 10 . 8/9/2015
Oh god this is hilarious and cute and the BEST BOOK EVER sorry but I luv it so so much I wanna marry it
Dontgotaclue88 chapter 10 . 8/4/2015
Loved it! :)
Breanna3593 chapter 2 . 7/20/2015
Her last retort was everything!
Bananaphobia chapter 10 . 11/8/2014
Oh what a cute story. I'm glad it was a quick read! I loved your A/Ns about playing in college.
AMW1014 chapter 10 . 6/24/2014
Very cute story!
SnowingOnCupcakes chapter 10 . 12/30/2013
OMG! Love this!
mama123 chapter 10 . 11/4/2013
Loved it loved it loved it.
venG chapter 10 . 8/1/2013
Loved the story! Thank you!
BearyFunny66 chapter 10 . 4/13/2013
Super cute story! I definitely remember playing MASH with friends. First time I've ever heard of the First Name Ceremony.