Reviews for Futility
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Awww. Beautiful. Not enough vulnerable Qui-Gon fics around. Like seeing gentle Obi-Wan, too.
RoMythe chapter 1 . 5/26/2010
Well, the most things you write are short, but *very* emotional. I absolutely love this one, you caopure Qui-Gon perfect. He isn't perfect, how hard he finds that to believe...
Bread-Making-Viking chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Aww! That was so sweet. :) Very good.
goldencompass chapter 1 . 8/23/2006
Just beautiful. I am in love with everything you write.
Flesca chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
Out of all your stories, I think this just may be one of my favourites, although it's really hard to decide since I love them all to bits.

I almost didn't review because I felt that I didn't have the words to describe my reaction and thoughts concerning this story; hey, you're the painter of words, not me. :P

But it seemed such a shame not to review such a bittersweet and moving story... I'll try my best to write a review worthy of your story. Hehehe...

Wonderful, WONDERFUL work, the aching paternal love radiating from Qui-Gon for Obi-Wan really pulled at my heartstrings. I'm not normally the maternal type (don't like kids XP), but reading the sentences, "I hold him tight and am able to forget the growth of his body and the loom of Knighthood. For now, he is my child. He is enough" made me want to hug a child and cradle it close.

All I can say is I really, really loved this story, and am incredibly glad and thankful that you were able to share it with all of us. Thank you!
Deadly-Jabberwock chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Oh my gosh. How sweet!

Leave it to Obi-Wan to make it all better.
Kynstar chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Aw that was so sweet! I don't remember this one on the boards... hrm

Great job! Poor Qui! :( But Obi is there for him! *warm fuzzies* :D
InsaneJediGirl chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Extemely touching story.I loved it :) I also think it was great you did a story where Qui was the one with the doubts.I rarely see that in stories,he is normally the strong one
Obi the Kid chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
You've gone and done it again. Got me with another of your short yet powerful vignette's. Some of my favorites stories deal with that inner battle that a person has to face on their own. And seeing how you portrayed Qui-Gon dealing with that was beautiful. And then bringing Obi-Wan in to just be there for him when needed was nicely done. Great job as usual!
Laura of Maychoria chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Oh, that was so beautiful. As always in your writing, there are snippets of phrase that jump out, that stick in the mind. Juicy morsels of prose!

"No one can save everyone."

You have a real gift for touching little moments, sweet and tragic at the same time.
Jedi Keladry chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
You are like the Energizer bunny, LE, you just keep churning out these gorgeous fics at an amazing rate. This is a lovely moment; I've often seen you describe the padawan in need of comfort, but I've never seen Obi-Wan comfort Qui-Gon. It's a sweet lesson. Your explorations of the parent-child relationship between these two never ceases to amaze me.