Reviews for Amoris de Mortis
My Final Death chapter 8 . 12/4/2009

This story confuses my emotional senses. It truly does. My eyes start feeling all red and itchy at one moment, then the next, I have to laugh out loud. Then I have to go grab a drink from the fridge, come back, and putter around before I'm ready to take anymore of it. In a good way, of course.

In the words of Ricky Bobby, "I laughed, I cried. I changed religion three times. Got divorced, got married... Gained 50 pounds, lost it, and then gained 100, then lost it again - all during the course of this movie while sitting in the theater. Even did -it- in the back row."

Then again, it's truly hard for me to read Gundam Wing fanfiction. There used to be a time where I would devour ANYTHING that had the pilots' names in it. At one point I think I could say with confidence that I had read everything on Blissful Ignorance. I had such a strong, emotional connection to the series that it's almost painful to read anything written for it now. Especially anything that has a bunch of stuff with Heero in it.

Recently I've only been able to stomach stuff by The Black Rose, but you've written this so well that I'mma have to add you to the list now. Too bad it looks live you haven't updated this though in over a year! Now I really wanna know what plot it was that you were wanting to do!

*Goes off to read the other stories*
My Final Death chapter 5 . 12/4/2009
I usually don't start reviewing things until after I've hit the last chapter that's been written. I still have three left to go, but I guess I'm just going to be a premature-reviewer for once.

The usual things that people would comment on, such as ICness and what not, really don't need to be said. I thought you brought out Duo's personality - even in his grief - brilliantly. And Duo was always flamboyant in a masculine way. I don't think it takes away from his "manliness" at all, it's just part of his character.

The themes of isolation are so prominent, as is in regular depression. While I've pushed my own memories of those feelings into a neat little box, never to be opened up, I think what makes this so real is his struggle and desire for his own isolation. I remember my mother backed the car up over my dog when I was a little girl. Tearfully, and determined to "rescue" her, I attempted to try and get her from underneath the car - and was immediately heartbroken when she turned around and bit the living shit out of me in her own pain. I guess in the same sense, Duo's struggle to survive mimics a lesser version of the reaction.

*Sniffles* I need some kleenex.
Omnicat chapter 8 . 3/29/2008
Did I hear somebody say "plot"? Oh, Ukky, you realise that now I'm going to be awaiting updates with bated breath, don't you? ;)

You shouldn't let stuff like *that* keep you from writing. *squeezes* Kick a mattrass, pound a slab of meet, tape a stick figure drawing to a practice target and stick it full of arrows. (Lots of fun, that.) Or better yet, write a plotless torture scene (I think I'm over the part where that kind of thing creeps me out :P ), print it out, and light a bonfire in the backyard.

Oh, wait - do you have a back yard? *scratches head*

Ahem. O:)

Okay, the chapter. Phew! Thank goodness for something a little more lighthearted. :P Unstable on the edge of light and dark is better than thirty feet under in a sea of misery. I like how Duo reacted to Quatre and Relena's presence. The feeling of being in such a dark mood that smiles and kind words and attempts at cheering you up only infuriate you further, until the urge to lash out or yell at them to shut up becomes so overwhelming that you need to get away, somehow, *any* way, before you do something you'll later regret - well, from the don't-get-carried-away-now-dear,-you're-starting-to-creep-me-out-a-little-O.o description, you may already have guessed that I know what it's like. _

PS: What blatant reference? *squints at the second poem in confusion*

PPS: I'd forgotten just how much BLOOD there was in that sex scene in chapter six. . Makes my Heero/Noin blurb look almost cheery in comparison.
Omnicat chapter 7 . 10/30/2007
First of all: *glomps* Congratulations on being able to write again! Let's hope it's more than just a fluke. _

Second: *keels over* Wow! Now I understand what you meant all those times you called Heero a cyborg! :O Heck, when you write like that, it's no wonder you feel "deeply immerged" in the characters. It's like you're channeling some of these guys! I loved the descriptions of Heero's perceptions - the "sunlight on the retinas" and "life's munitia" parts in particular created wonderful mental images.

The idea of what he is and what that must be like for him is so bittersweet... but then again, what else should I have expected in THIS fic? (Would it be too much to ask for more chapters from this POV? *cutesy kitty eyes*)

*sniggers* That comment about the mailman reminds me of another character I like - Sasame from Prétear. He's a "Knight of Sound", and I've always imagined that his magical powers enable him to hear every snore in the house at night, and all stomachs in the room churning after a meal.

I'm sorry I can't be behave appropriately. My mood is just too good. But it's quite a feat that the chapter can even penetrate that good mood and convey it's message and atmosphere so well. That last line... *shudders* Beautiful.

*looks again and blinks* Eh? Cloned backyard fauna? xD
Crazy Elf Paladin chapter 7 . 10/29/2007
I really liked this chapter for the insight into Heero's mind-set. I feel that you did a really good job of analyzing his character based on what is represented in the series. I really enjoyed his interactions with all of the other characters, especially Relena and Duo.

I also really liked the poems/songs at the beginning and end of the chapter. It was really immersive and help me understand Heero's mindscape.

SimplePleasures chapter 6 . 4/21/2007
really well written, good to kno im not the only one who writes morbid stuff
SimplePleasures chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
i love it an all but duo never had a life with his parents, he was at the church since he was pretty much a baby
Shadow chapter 6 . 4/14/2007
I know it's been a long time since you last updated, but I beleive you sshould keep going with this. Your story truly portrays the unbalance of human sanity, and fir Duo to be walking such a path like this, well, I just want to know what happens next. Every sentence I read provokes me on to reading more, and finally stopping it here is almost torture. So please, continue this fiction when you have the chance.
Purdy chapter 6 . 3/13/2007
I'm onced again wowed. Can't wait for the next chapter. Hehe, I knew I wouldnt' forget this fic. I hope Duo will pull through. All this time I thought Hilde and him were actually together before she died, so its so sad to learn in this chapter that they never were.
Omnicat chapter 6 . 2/7/2007
Yikes, he's really having a rough time, isn't he? Poor guy. But then again, doesn't the saying go "it's always darkest before dawn"? It feels like by going through such painful twists and turns, he's finally starting to straighten himself out again, to uncoil the kinks that Hilde's death caused in his psyche. It reminds me of a song by Katie Melua, 'Piece by piece'. The song is about a break up, not the death of a loved one, but the thought of slowly letting go - not to mention the sound of Melua's voice combined with the music - seems to fit this fic.

All in all, great chapter.

By the way, I love your Heero in this fic. And I'm favving this. One haunting 2xH for you, one for me, eh? ;;
Omnicat chapter 5 . 2/7/2007
My grasp on Duo's character isn't as solid as the one I have on Relena's and Heero's, but to me, he felt as real as if I was seeing him on the screen. (You're particularly good at that, did I ever mention it?) And, strangly, looking through his eyes at the same time. Good grief, I had tears in my eyes too when he finally broke down! A very intense mix of sensations and emotions.

PS: Marry you? Aw, sorry, but I already promised my hand to another. ;;
Sutoomu chapter 6 . 1/30/2007
Wow Ukky...this was very good. It made me almost cry. I was literally tearing up, because you write at such an in depth level, its like the story is happening, like I'm watching it myself. It's awesome. I'm going to try and write in such a flowing way as you. :) I'll be waiting for the next chapter!

Kaeru Shisho chapter 6 . 1/27/2007
Wow, this story has impact when the first 6 chapters are read contiguously. Duo moves through different stages of grief and self-blame to this near-crazed state. His emotions come through extremely well so that we feel right along with him. I like how you portray the other characters as well. Quatre is empathic, Relena tender and firm, and Heero, well the depths of his feelings have yet to be explored, but they are there. As far as plot goes, from my perspective it's time for a side plot to lighten the mood. It's hard to sustain this emotional level through many more chapters without becoming numb. But being the skilled story teller that you are, I'm sure you have something in mind.

Sutoomu chapter 1 . 12/12/2006
i forgot to put it on my update list, so here's another review. I like it, lots.

Sutoomu chapter 5 . 12/12/2006
Omgosh, this is really good. you caught the emotions of grief really well, i think. I've just found another story to watch. I'll be waiting for some updates. there is more coming, right?