Reviews for Best of Brothers
Kuraiko chapter 1 . 3/27/2005
Actually I don't like Ishizu, but at the moment I find myself interested in the way you write about her. And again you develop a conversation between persons, who never spoke a single word with each other in the series, by choosing the only possible topic. And again it's a story I would like to exhibit in a museum like Atemus sarcophagus. You manage these challenges in your typical brillant way of connecting facts and persons which I'm so impressed of. And despite of the shortness of your fanfictions, you still show a great variety of personality. I can't imagine how you manage this, but it's totally awesome. Thank you again for a wonderful new sight of wellknown characters!

Greetings,

Kuraiko
praiseofshadows chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Wow...a Mokuba-centric piece! (with Ishizu, too!) Yay! And poor Mokuba...I've often wondered if he ever really _could_ trust Seto again, after being hit (and thrown to the ground)...it seems as if he's wondering that, too. Lovely piece of fiction! D
Tamara Raymond chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
What an ingenious comparison...! Although the story seemed to wander around a bit at the beginning, the last two lines were quite telling. You've made some great insights here.
darkmus chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
Absolutely superb gen fic.

(and since my fangirlness always gets the best of me: Waii! XD Older!Moku! D)
MikariStar chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
Good fanfic, it was in character too. There are not many fanfics about Mokuba and Ishizu, this was a good one, nice job. :)
radiany chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
This is one of my personal favourite one-shots. I _do_ have several questions - such as: why have you depicted Mokuba as the one with all the wealth? You clearly stated that Seto was still alive, and I hardly think he would retire at the age of 24-25. Usually, the passing doesn’t begin unless either of those two factors (or both) have happened.

However, I loved how you managed to recreate Isis as a _human_. Not as an indifferent catalyst, or a convenient plot device, but someone of flesh and bone, blood circulating through her body and with real emotion, not repetitive sentence. She was indignant, perhaps a little haughty (subtle, subtle), and perhaps even a little miffed at Seto Kaiba for everything he'd done, even though she'd been expecting it.

Somehow, I see Isis thinking of Mokuba as, maybe, a younger form of Seto (not Kaiba). And thus, she had internally fumed. Or maybe her placement of Priest Seto's tablet ALSO had to do with her mental jealousies accumulated from the present.

And Mokuba? I loved Mokuba. You always write your very best when you depict his character or his perspectives, because you adore him. I admire you for that. Deep, perhaps somewhat childish, reminiscences of his being spoiled, but psychological development gained from all his years of realizing the world through its own eyes.

In the end, there's still some evidence of Mokuba "showing up" Isis, in a sense; but Isis also prevails in making Mokuba realize her intentions, and the inner workings beneath them. Which he retaliated against, frustrated at being contradicted.

Truth _is_ scary, isn't it?

-R
matchynishi chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
It seems to me that Mokuba really *would* have reacted like this if placed in the same situation... And well, him blasting Ishizu like that... lol, but I guess she *was* kinda due, if she hadn't forgiven Malik yet, ne? :p

Nice fic!
Mystical Sand chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
I liked seeing these two characters talking. They can be so different, and their personalities played off each other well. This was a great fic.
Lyrical Rex chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Aw...

How sweet! I like the comparison of Seto to the sarchophagus. You like the name "Ishizu" better than the name "Isis," don't you? I'm guessing that because you used Rishid and Malik's original names instead of their dub counters. n.n!
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
That was interesting, to say the least. :P I liked the older Mokuba. At twenty, he still retains his better qualities- his sense of humor, loyalty to Seto- but he's a lot of fun to listen to because he just *knows* more. Ishizu was awesome too; I love the way you portrayed her. Very cool fic!

DSF
Freak09 chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
YAY that was good! I liked it alot! It was very good! If it weren't a one shot I'd say update, but since it is I'll say . . . WHO THAT WAS REALLY GOOD!
sapphire dragons chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
That was in depth, and quite sad, in a way. I've never been able to get into the mindset of Kaiba Mokuba, preferring to see him as devious and mischevious, and maybe a little deep. This was very refreshing.
imagines writes chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Whoa. That was.. more angsty than I had thought it would be.

-stares at fic- That was really, really cool. I kind of agree with Mokuba, that sarcophagus would annoy me too if it overshadowed my brother whom I practically worshiped...

(I should not comment on 6 hrs. sleep, don't mind me. ;; )

Off-topic, but what happened to Theft Among Thieves? T.T It disappeared. I wanted to read it again... .