Reviews for Memories of old
GREEKGAL chapter 2 . 10/12/2005
yo, i thought that chapter kicked some real but! in other words, it was awsome!

keep up the good work.

love greekgal x
Aelaer chapter 5 . 8/10/2005
Dude, this story is BRILLIANT! I am really enjoying it! Other than a few grammar errors here and there, it's pretty much perfect. Do tell me you haven't abandoned it! I really hope you haven't... I wish to see more!
Neniel Sildurien chapter 5 . 7/29/2005
Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry that it seems like it's been forever since I last updated, but trust me I haven't given up on it! Actually, I was having a hard time getting the plot to work without making it extremely Mary-Sueish, so I just went ahead and started rewriting the whole thing. I'm already working with Sinjah's advice for the storyline and I'm about to send the first 10-20 pages to Anie for an extra opinion as well, so I might start updating again once I get back in 3 weeks (I'm going away for a while and I won't have access to a pc *sobs*). I have to warn you, everything will be re-posted and the story will be slightly different (as in different enemies, etc) so I can't be sure everyone will be happy about it but I'm honestly working on it!

So, I'm sorry I've been away all this time, especially to you my dear Despo, you always were so kind, but hang in there and the revised version will be on its way! *keeps fingers crossed that people will like it*

Neniel

_
Despo chapter 1 . 7/29/2005
Hey!

Come on! We're waiting for the next chapter!

I'm checking this story each and every day for an update. But you keep us waiting...

You didn't give up this story, did you? You'd better not! Because I love it!

Hope you can write on soon,

Saltwater chapter 1 . 5/28/2005
O.O

*grins* i like it so far (only on chapter 1). It's pretty origional as far as my knowledge goes, and it sounds good. You couldnt tell English isn't your first language!

I'm also currently reading the Greek version, but i thought i'd review here. coz this one is more lonerated review-wise. *pouts*

heh, how cool is that. You're the first one to submit a Greek story under LotR. how exciting for you!

anyways, i just thought i'd drop buy and tell you how much i appreciate that you're posting both English and Greek version. it's really helping me boost my Greek-reding skills.

I live in Australia, but all my relo's are in Cyprus. I can speak pretty fluently, if i do say so myself :) but i cant read for shit.

i mean, ma forced me to go to Greek school up until year six, but i'm in year 10 now, and i've almost completely forgotten how to read. i'm suprised i still know the alphabet!

so yeah.

just know, every time you write a chapter, you're helping a girl learn to read her mother language...

*grins* OK, i'm going to go read the second chap now!
Despo chapter 5 . 4/21/2005
HEY, you updated!

-oh My! A week ago!

Sorry, I'm only reviewing so late, but I'm not at home, and had have only very little time, to use a PC. If fact, it was barely enough time, to check my mails every other day. Have I ever mentioned, I'm from Germany? However, I came to L.A. last Thursday on some kind of private student exchange program. So, you can imagine, how very busy one is, if he just arrived in another country?

Okay, on to the REAL reason, why I am reviewing...

This chapter was awesome! Throughout the chapter I kept imagening music playing in the background and supporting the depth of your tale! (Am I sounding too poetic now?)

First of all: You're the boss, so you decide, what shall be in your story! I don't mind, if not every situation, or action is described in it's every detail.

Don't worry, I will tell you, if there's something completely incomprehensible for me in your story. But (wuahahahaha!) I found that bookstore in a mall near where I live now, and they have all those books there, that I need to read, and I'm gonna get the Silmarillion, and the unfinished tales, and the books of the lost tales, and all those other books, which I forgot the names of...

Now, did you want to SHOCK ME WITH THAT SECOND PROPHECY? That throws up so many questions!

Ohh! Your describtion of those 'memories' of the coronation are so sad...

That gives me kind of the same feeling I had, when I first read the passage in the Appendix, that tells king Elessar dieing and of Legolas' and Gimli's ship passing, and an ending beeing set to the followship of the ring...

I don't know why, because it is something quite different. But still, I have this feeling...

It's SO SAD! The relieve and everything!

And the first time Legolas was in the dream!

Should I by now know, who this person is, Naya keeps dreaming to be? (don't answer this question!)

I'm looking forward so much to read your next chapter! Don't worry, if I won't review at once - I'll still be with you and your story!

Alouette Sparra chapter 5 . 4/20/2005
Oh wow. It's really hard to find LotR fanfiction that keeps true to the books ever since the movies came out, but you're doing a brilliant job of it. Especially with having English as your second language. I agree that you write better than a LOT of people who grew up speaking Englis.

Anyhow, it's very Tolkein-esque, and I'm glad someone else out there has read/ is reading The Silmarillion!

Keep up the good work.
The Exile 09 chapter 4 . 4/14/2005
Gosh, I love how accruate you are on all your Tolkien knowlegde! *huggles* You must be a Tolkien Purist too, eh? Heh, anyway, I liked this chapter, although a bit short. *sad*

Update soon!
The Exile 09 chapter 3 . 4/14/2005
Heh, I'm still here! *waves* Although I was looking through my review list and I saw this and I was like, "What the heck is this story?"

I had to read this all over again, but oh well! I'm glad your back!

I'll go read the next chapter now. :)
Redone chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Very interesting so far. Am looking forward to further chapters. I believe Endor was an older form of the name in Sindarin, so using that is okay imho.
Despo chapter 4 . 3/26/2005
Okay, now it's official! I'm your fan!

Yippie! The next two chapters! OH, they were great! They were so good! I'm really glad the twins are also coming with them to Ennor.

They're arriving! What a shock this changed world will be for them! Don't be too cruel on them!

You know, it's actually rather sad that Elrond hopes King Elessar's heirs are still reigning over Gondor...

What else to say...? ...One truly notices how very much you know about Professor Tolkien's world. (Oh! Had I only read the Silmarillion! *kicks herself* *sight*)

By the way, I would happily wait many days longer than the time you needed to update, if the result are chapters like these! So, don't hurry yourself!

Now, last but not least: ANIE

Well, Anie, now you're this fabulous beta reader Neniel ( may I call you Neniel? Your name Neniel SIldurien is so long.) doesn't stop talking about? ( Wow! You must be really good!)

Feel thanked (and praised) a hundred times for your help with this story.

Greetings to the both of you,

ElvenSailorGirl chapter 4 . 3/26/2005
Wow! A fanfiction that includes the Valar and lots of Silmarillion facts. I didn't think Id ever find one of those. The writing is very good, especially since your witing ESL, it's better than some writings I've read by people who mainly speak English. Your word game with your OC's last name is great, though if you hadn't explained it I wouldn't know what it meant, I only speak English and a little French. Does her first name mean anything?

Just wondered.

You picked out likely characters to go back to Middle-Earth, and gave good reasons. Elrond is the only one I wouldn't see returning, but your reason for his accompaniment makes sense. Thank You for writing such a great piece of fanfiction. I hope to see an new update soon.
Andromida-1971 chapter 4 . 3/26/2005
I like this story already even though it's just getting started.

You don't see many good fics about the elves returning to middle earth that keep within Tolkien's update soon,thanx Andromida.
littlesaiyangirl chapter 2 . 3/19/2005
I like it so far, hope to see more soon!
The Exile 09 chapter 2 . 3/11/2005
Oh! Cool! I really like it! Update soon. ;)