Reviews for The Quiet One
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
And a lonely road it would be.
Savendia chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Oh! I was all set for a happy, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon love each other and all is well! ending. And then you threw out that last line.

I loved it. It was heartbreaking, actually. The shock of the last line is what really got me, though. I was just not expecting the abrupt sense of loss and loneliness... But in a way it is true, which is, of course, part of what makes it so good!
Bread-Making-Viking chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
I liked it. :) Nice job.
Nessle chapter 1 . 7/23/2008
"He would always be the silent one, holding it in, running after someone. Never knowing where someone else’s wild spirit would take him, and if something would be found there that would, for a short while, replace him."

"Obi-Wan sighed with something akin to contentment. The reassuring weight of Qui-Gon’s hand was on his shoulder. But it was the weight of his words that pinned the Padawan. When everyone strayed, he was on the road alone."

Oh. You're good.
Estel la Rodeuse chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
Beautiful vignette... So true!
i luv ewansmile chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
That last line was awesome! Very good short story, very impressed, keep up the wonderful work with your stories.
Star Drifter chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
"It was the wondrous, aggravating, precious, invasive constant, in lives comprised of upheaval."

Another wonderful,touching vignette!

You truly have the gift, and I am glad that I can finally tell you how much I have enjoyed your fics!
ally127 chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
i enjoyed reading this! Obi-Wan is my favorite character and you portrayed him excellently. yay you! )
CrimsonKitty88 chapter 1 . 6/23/2005
aw. I love these Qui-gon Obi-wan moments. If Qui-gon didn't do what he did, he wouldn't be Qui-gon now would he? Great story. _x
yoshimiwolfspaw chapter 1 . 6/18/2005
Great story. _. I like how you portray the characters and the situation.
Ciryature Sea Elf chapter 1 . 4/22/2005
*When everyone strayed, he was on the road alone.*

And there, my dear, I believe you have very nearly captured what it is to be Obi-Wan. In many long midnight conversations with my roommate concerning why Anakin fell and Luke for a moment came close but Obi-Wan did not, we've skirted around this idea time and time again. We both understood, but neither could quite find the words to explain it. I think you have.

*He would always be the silent one, holding it in, running after someone. Never knowing where someone else’s wild spirit would take him, and if something would be found there that would, for a short while, replace him.*

And that is why he could not stop Anakin's fall.

Thank you.
InsaneJediGirl chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Very true,Obi always seems to be on the straight and narrow.I enjoyed the viggie :)
Beautiful Freak chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
I sincerely hope you'll continue this! Your characterizing is just so perfect.
The Dancing Cavalier chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
very good story would like to see how that turns out. continue, very discriptive writing, and very simple, but disriptive
LuvObi chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Very nice, subtly sad and well-written story. The last line is so true and very elegantly put like a foreshadow of what is about to come.