Reviews for The Dark Night of the Soul
machievelli chapter 1 . 11/10/2013
Posted 16 August 2013, at the Starwarsknights web site and the Lucasforums Coruscant Entertainment Center in my The Critic's Two Cents. I was posting directly to the actual story threads, but had problems last year so I was stymied in my attempts to post the reviews. But you on fanfiction deserve your reviews, even if I am running late. But I'm catching up as you read this!

Pre KOTOR: Revan begins her attack, and Malak sees his chance

The piece seesawed between very good and unsatisfying. The section among the Republic fleet is actually worse then I had imagined, with Admirals more worried about properly timed (And punctuated) reports than battle readiness, and refusing to accept that if a master Strategist leaves you an opening, you're stupid to take it. If you're in training, whether hand to hand, or with a blade, a teacher leaves you an opening just to teach you not to accept it at face value.

When it shifted instead to the Sith, the fallen Jedi are stereotypical rampaging monsters out of every bad propaganda movie. Having Malak choose this point to attempt his coup was to my mind ill timed.

One thing that appeared incredibly stupid considering the timing, requiring them to file a form in the middle of a battle, actually happened. During a battle in North Africa in the late 19th century between the Somalis and the British, an artilleryman went back to the caissons that held the reserve ammunition because they were hard pressed, and had run out. He returned with the ammo, and the battle was won. Afterward, he was charged with striking a superior officer, and his reply was not an apology for the attack, but for breaking the rammer over the man's head. The junior officer had refused to pass out ammunition, in the middle of a desperate battle, without a signed order from the man's officer, even knowing the officer had been killed.
Ace of Spies chapter 5 . 10/18/2013
Well... That was interesting...

Revan is awesome. Aerin... Is ok. But honestly she is nothing but a shadow of her former self. A broken shell. She needs to get back on her feet and embrace who she was... and is. And she really must go back to using the name 'Revan'.
Jen DeClan chapter 10 . 9/4/2008
WHoa, angst, hot steamy romance, torture-this chapter had it all. At least you gave a time period. In the game it's like she fell in a week. I like your Bas so much more than the one in the game. She gets on my nerves, although I understand where she's coming from. So sorry to see what happened to Kyle, but I had a feeling there was a reason why Malak did not kill him. It was her initiation-killing someone she loved, even if it was rigged. GREAT!
Jen DeClan chapter 9 . 9/3/2008
OK, I must find new words-let's see-EXCELLENT and STUPENDOUS come to mind-yes, they will have to suffice. What a chapter! You blew me away with the fight scenes-Revan's strategy. Loved HK. Juhani's scenes were so good and I loved that you brought Bralor and Kelborn into the mix. I plan on using the Mandalorian the Exile meets on Nar Shaada (sp) you know the one in the golden armor Mandalore recruits-the one with the decidely Aussie accent. He will appear in my story at some point. Ever wonder why he didn't want to talk to the Exile? Had they met in battle-perhaps on Dxun? Ya never know-but this is not about me-all about YOU and YOU ROCKED IT!1
Jen DeClan chapter 8 . 9/2/2008
Just when I think I will need to go to the dictionary to find words other than awesome and fantastic and great, you write an even BETTER chapter that makes ANY words sound lame. Suffice it to say, your fight scenes are superb and the emotion of tha characters. I always thought that Korriban would be a dark side turning point of any of the Revans, whatever name they went by-the planet itself, plus the dark side element of the Star Map-the evil crawling within the walls of the academy-the tombs-how could even a lightsider not give in? Thanks! Also thanks for the review on my story. I, too like to involve and expand on secondary characters like Zherron for instance. MORE!
Jen DeClan chapter 7 . 9/1/2008
In the Tomb of Tulak Hord

I only have one small crit-isn't it Naga Sadow's tomb? But other than that-I knew Aerin's drinking would result in smething terrible! Poor Kel! As always your fighting scenes were superb. The four working "together" was a really original idea. I did not know the Twilek hunter dies on Kashhykk. Is that another cut scene? Anyway, I will be holding my breath for more. Looks like Carth is starting to come around. As to casting-have you seen the actor who plays Cody on Numbers? He would make a good Carth-his voice even sounds like him!
Jen DeClan chapter 6 . 9/1/2008
Unfracking believable the way you take scenes from the game and turn them into a cinamatic masterpiece. I find myself sometimes trying to cast the roles. Anyway, thank you for another great chapter. I really like the idea of allowing all 4 of the Sith students to enter the tomb. Hope Aerin can save poor Kel. Always liked him. What really gets to me is how you manage to move the story along, giving summaries that don't come across as summaries and allowing the readers to get to the meat of the story. Looking forward to more!
Jen DeClan chapter 5 . 8/31/2008
Just when I think you could not get any better, YOU DO! Awesome chapter. I felt so sorry for Rev-good idea to get Sasha to bring her out of her dark funk. At least Carth saved her life. I like the fact that he is still holding out from forgiving her. The game has him do it way too soon.

Also thank you for adding Into The Void to your faves. That is really a compliment considering the quality of your own writing.
Jen DeClan chapter 4 . 8/29/2008
Whoa! And I thought the last chapter was intense! Carth looks like he has a long way to go to forgiveness and please have someone stop Revan from killing herself... Very always. I am enjoying this tremendously.
Jen DeClan chapter 3 . 8/29/2008
Wow-absolutely awesome chapter! Your fighting scenes were great and the emotion with Carth. Loved HK and Mish and Canderous-the thought of Jolee naked-uh-uh uh-don't want to go there-but I want to commend you on your style of writing, the feelings you convey and the action, too.
Jen DeClan chapter 2 . 8/28/2008
Wow, you had some really different ideas and I liked that you combined the escape mechanisms of the different people. Your description is very good and I am hoping to see more soon.
Tankred chapter 11 . 5/13/2005
Hmm, for some reason I never got attacked by the Sith on Korriban like I keep hearing that people did, and didn't Nihilus just suck the life out of people?
Rebel Mike chapter 10 . 5/9/2005
Oh my God, you are evil, woman!
Rebel Mike chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
Ow ow ow! Man, Malak got trashed.
Kelli chapter 11 . 4/17/2005
Oh, now I'm going to have to play this game to see it all.