Reviews for Deception
CalmReader chapter 27 . 1/22/2016
What a marvelous story! Great descriptions, interesting plot and wonderful characters! I loved the structure of the story - all the flashbacks and different perspectives. Nicely and clever done!

I really liked Melodie (very good name!). Though I couldn't picture her with dark hair. She was something between blond and redhead in my imagination (considering she had freckles) ;-) Her blindness was a very unusual feature, expanding her personality and making her very similar to Erik.

Erik's character is very accurate and attractive.

A relationship between them was really special. There were so many nuances of their interaction, that I can't even tell, what my favorites are. I loved how they worked together on music. It is very important, that Erik was drawn to Melodie because of her talent. Usually when I read fanfics, I can't find any reason of why Erik fall in love with this or that heroine... Sometimes she has to be just a woman for Erik to fell for her. But in your story I can see his reason very clear!

And how beautifully you described music! The story is filled with music - and this is a surprisingly rare thing about fanfictions about Erik! So thank you for that :-)
inkheartedg1rl chapter 1 . 11/30/2014
I'm so excited to read this, I've been thinking about a blind!Christine for a while now, and this sounds interesting! A bit of constructive criticism, though. Usually it's better to reveal background gradually, or through dialogue, not in huge chunks. However, this was still enjoyable to read, and I can wait to see how Melodie and Erik meet!
xsilver-galaxyx chapter 27 . 6/25/2013
This was wonderful, so sweet and I loved the way the relationship developed between Erik and Mellie. I liked that your were brave enough to actually kill Henry and that you remembered to mention the fact that they had been passing themselves off as niece and uncle at the end.
inujisan chapter 27 . 3/15/2012
and this was a well found read. I actually loved every bit of this, and the change that most characters went through. Melodie was a character I could actually relate to, not wanting to be a burden or feel helpless. I thank you for a good read. And true indeed, we may not agree with the course of our life, but this shows that God know and sees the bigger picture than any of us.
funnygirl00 chapter 27 . 3/5/2012
Will do! Thank you. I loved this story.
funnygirl00 chapter 26 . 3/5/2012
Oh my, so much happening in two chapters. I don't know how I shall sleep now!
funnygirl00 chapter 23 . 3/5/2012
Yes! I've been waiting for this moment and I loved it! Perfect!
funnygirl00 chapter 21 . 3/5/2012
Oh, she did not need that surprise! And Erik, what a dirty rat...no pun intended. Frightening her like that!
funnygirl00 chapter 19 . 3/5/2012
You certainly did the first kiss jusctice and I haven't stopped smiling!
funnygirl00 chapter 18 . 3/5/2012
Oh no, things are going to go downhill from now on. I can just feel it.
funnygirl00 chapter 15 . 3/5/2012
Now, how could this not win? It's a piece of art! What story did win?
funnygirl00 chapter 12 . 3/5/2012
I love Michael Crawford. I remember watching him in Hello Dolly recently, he was so young and so ridiculious I found it hard to believe he was our first Phantom!
funnygirl00 chapter 9 . 3/5/2012
Oh Erik! Oh, he is so stubborn sometimes. Melodie had a marvelous idea and I think he knows it!
funnygirl00 chapter 6 . 3/5/2012
Oh, that was a cute ending. I enjoyed it.
funnygirl00 chapter 5 . 3/5/2012
Oh, this was a very sweet chapter. Melodie is so kind and innocent, she's perfect for Erik.