Reviews for Sentimental Value of Pie
chaset chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
This was very charming. I love to see the girls of this show characterized so beautiful; it's too often that they get demonized or kicked to the curb. This was just awesome. :)
Monna Sakura chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
*,* -Shimmer- Shoujo-ai that I like! Amazing! I have nothing against it by any means, but I've only ever had bad luck when it came to finding good fics.

Thank You!
Rowan and Sakura chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Sakura: She'll never tell him, and neither will Mai, until they find out unintentionally, and things will get messy, and complicated, and...that, of course, is all in the future. But for now, it's all just about a piece of pie and, who knows? Maybe Joey will get over Mai eventually...This was well done.
Hush Puppie chapter 1 . 4/7/2005
Oh, my God. I love this sosos much. It's gorgeous. I love the characterization of Mai and Anzu's line about being worried about telling her best friend she doesn't have a crush on him.

Sorry it took me so long to review.
MikariStar chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
I liked the JoeyxMai part even if it was one sided and not the official couple of the fanfic I still thought it was cute. It was light in shoujo ai almost like friendship (or I least I like to think of it that way) which is good. The pie tresure was definitely my favorite part XD I just can't get over the cuteness. :3
Sapphire Dragons chapter 1 . 3/12/2005
That was cute. I enjoyed it!
DarkShadowFlame chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Aw, man. I knew as soon as I read the summary that this had the potential to be very sad. I have to admit I didn't feel as sorry for Joey or Yugi as I should have - because I was too busy smiling over Mai and Anzu, and laughing at their dialogue - but I did pout a few times in their honor. ; I can't decide if it would have been more or less painful if they'd found out about Mai and Anzu's relationship during the course of the story... or if, as you wrote, they're oblivious and will have their hearts shattered later on. ::sad:: Hopefully Mai is right and Joey will get over his crush on her before then...

This was really good. Especially the part of it relating to the title - I'm with Anzu: shocked that Joey didn't eat the pie! _

Ciao

DSF
radiany chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
You're getting better as you get...um, more mature.

And I'm indulging within it. I absolutely adore the unrequited love bits, because that’s so characteristic of both Yuugi and Jounouchi. In one-too-many opinions that I’ve heard, “Yuugi’ll get over it once he knows that Anzu is in love with someone else” – a near repeat of your “What Heroes Are Made Of”; and you stated that, perfectly. And it’s no surprise that Jounouchi and Mai aren’t _made_ for one another: you see, Mai’s a traveler, an adventurer – and no matter what Jounouchi attempts to do, he’s a homely guy, one for affection and attention, like a puppy dog. Sometimes it’ll happen, because Jou’s the kind of guy who’ll fall in love and land flat on his face, unable to stand; and though long-distance love is fragile, he might stick with it ‘til the end of his life. But, for how long would he withstand that? That’s the question to ask.

And why Anzu? If my memory recalls, she wants to study dance in New York after high school. High school. Even with fairly decent English skills, she’ll be solitary, like an alien landing upon an unknown land. She’s a daring person and wherever her wishes go, she’ll fly alongside them as long as they’re not intentionally hurting anyone else. In my eyes, that’s the kind of person she is: audacious, strong-willed. In this way, Mai and Anzu somehow fit together, like puzzle pieces searching for one another. They can’t be protected, and don’t want to be. It’s the sadness of losing their most precious people that drive them to do this, as Doom!Mai displays when Valon is ripped from his soul. Thus, whether or not it is real love between Mai and Anzu is in the eye of the beholder.

And maybe it’s just fear.

Either way, you really developed Mai’s sentimental, yet still sarcastic, half and reflected upon Anzu’s caring, but tentative, nature. You wrote about Jou’s lovestruck wants and needs and mentioned that, one day, he’ll find someone else. Maybe, though I’m not exactly giving my approval, Jou and Yuugi will find themselves within one another. Whether it’s rebound or real is up to the reader.

This entire piece is unabashedly realistic; it zooms in on real-time love, unrequited love, questioned love, and hesitant love. And maybe it’s not love at all. Maybe it’s just life. Maybe it’s just humanity.

-R
imagines writes chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Tame and fluffy sharks... hehehe...

;_; Every time I read shoujo-ai, I always end up crying. Maybe because I feel sorry for Jou and Yuugi. They're too fluffy to hurt.

O.o -prods review box- Aspect of story that can be improved?

-cricket cricket (sound of silence)-

There's... nothing I can see... -shrugs-

Ish perfect! 0 I don't read shoujo-ai much, so it has to be really good for me to read it... XD

(And thanks for your review on WPRR! _)

-Kat-chan