Reviews for Definitions of Romance
thepkrmgc chapter 1 . 7/28
for all the epic, flamboyant romances in both FF and literature, theres something special about quiet, unassuming, love
Starfox5 chapter 1 . 6/29
Very nice take on a just slightly odd couple - compared to their friends.
Dugleik chapter 1 . 5/20
I kind of hate you for this story. Because this is the only story I've read where Harry/Hermione makes any kind of sense. In fact it's the only story I've read where Hermione is in a relationship that doesn't butcher her entire personality. And I'm probably never going to find another one, and that makes me sad.
rebecca chapter 1 . 3/30
I think this is fantastic. There are lots of different ways to express love - many of them extremely underrated, but all of them perfectly valid.
23dragonballz chapter 1 . 2/12
very suitable title for fantastic story.
only one word PERFECT.
LilithL2 chapter 1 . 1/29
i loved it! ;) congratulations.
it's so true! i mean, people always think love is about romance, and it's true in part but it is also about being together even in silence, without being ackward.
Kai chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
Wow. That's exactly the kind of marriage I would like to have. I'm utterly unromantic and having a wife who can accept that, it would be great. I like that they are absolutely sure about each other and their love for each other. And I think that's a marriage that will stay full of love until death does them part.
Antor2001 chapter 1 . 11/16/2014
Makes me wonder if I'll ever understand another human being this well...
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
A brilliant idea to show how their love needs nothing showy to flourish and grow and fill out their lives every day regardles of other people's expectations, wants and wishes... Especially the Ginny part was sooo spot on in terms of her character... marrying big to make others envious? Yeah, that's "romantic", indeed... shouldn't it BE about the wish to share your lives and grow old together and still cherish each other? What has the envy of Witch weekly readers to do with it? And similar questions of course also would obviously come up for giant diamonds in engagement rings, ten times flowers a month or rubbing all over each other in public just so that everybody could watch and be amazed by their awesome PDAs...

They know each other, they know their own feelings and their partner's and so they don't need to confirm them where and whenever others look at it, they're safe enough in their comfortable partnership without it and that's making this partnership so much greater than having a showy "romance" with a trophy wife or movie star hubby that ultimately will break up with empty hearts an bitter minds because envy and showcasing all over the place don't make up for the real feelings and connections.

To paraphrase Stephen Colbert:
Great story or one of the greatest stories?
HP-fanfic-fan101 chapter 1 . 11/7/2014
You likely could've changed the outcome of the series had JKR read this around the time she was deciding the final pairings; our loss but there's nothing saying the canon pairings can't eventually get a divorce.
LWJ2 chapter 1 . 10/7/2014
I enjoyed this, ma'am. For the record, you've described - other than apparition, et c. - my parents' marriage and mine; oddly enough both marriages were performed by a Clerk of the Court. Thanks, it's a pleasure to read something without great deeds of derring-do now and then.
Bladre MKT chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
good romance is the one that only those really in love understand
Serendipithy chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
This is absolutely adorable. I'm not a huge fan of Harry/Hermione, but this was unbelievably sweet. If I could have a romance like this, it could only be in my dreams. I loved the moments you chose and the innocence about it all. Great job!
NoraTheeNinth chapter 1 . 5/25/2014
Best Harry Potter story i have ever heard.
SilverFlameoftheWindScar chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
That is one of the cutest, most-adorable fanfics for Harmony that I think I've ever read! And I quite agree with Hermione and Harry on each and every point! Valentine's Day, anniversary, birthday- Roses smell funny, and I feel bad when the real flowers eventually die. Get me a good steak instead! HAHA! XD