Reviews for A Family Christmas
sbishoff chapter 1 . 11/2/2008
I really enjoyed this story when I first read it in the zine. I like it just as much, probably more, upon reading it again here. There was plenty of angst, humor, and warmth to make it a very interesting, intriguing and enjoyable story.

Thanks for sharing.
JeanneZ84 chapter 1 . 4/26/2007
WOw!This was suppose to be a Christmas Holiday Reunion for The Harcastle Started out nice and Then got very scary and Horrible then after all the horror of the trip once they geet there was good.

Mark was thinking at first this old guy was put up to this stunt by Hardcastle then he soon learned that wasnt true.

What a story this was.

I had read this a while back sorry fidnt review till now.

JeanneZ84
L.M.Lewis chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
On the third (or was it the fourth?) reading, I realized I'd only sent you an e-mail, and had fallen back into my old, horrible lurking habits. Bad me.

Christmas angst, road trip, hypothermia, yess. But especially I like the little signs (like making sure someone has a heavy winter coat and accompanying them on goofy sightseeing stops) of affection.

But you took out some Gerald conversation in this tweaking? Oh, I'm sad. I like Gerald.
cheride chapter 1 . 3/14/2005
I enjoyed this story this time around as much as I did the first time I read it. It really is a very sweet look at their relationship. I really like the section about panning for gold; says a lot, I think, in a pretty short space.

Also, I liked the "tweaking" in the conversation with "Santa", and this ending feels pretty natural. But I do have to say that I miss the conversation with Gerald.

And lastly, I laughed out loud when I read your author's notes! *g*

Thanks for posting, and keep 'em coming.
Tharin chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
A very sweet, wonderful written story. I enjoyed reading very much.
Cass66 chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
I have been very tardy in reviewing H&McC stories - especially after waiting so long to see the category on here! I have been a (somewhat rabid) fan since the series was originally screened in the 80's; this author always being of my favourites (having in my possession practically all the zines that were printed at the time, in which she featured regularly. Knew I was in for a damned good read whenever I saw her name in the 'credits').

You never disappoint and I am so stoked to see that you are still around. As per usual, this ranks up there with your best and I thank you for sharing your incredible talent with us.