Reviews for Of Dreams And Magic
vedha chapter 17 . 6/20/2014
Howdy Mayumi-san!
I have terribly missed you... How long has it been? About a year I think.. :D I am so sorry for not reviewing. *Hugs*
By the way you are responsible for my tummy ache from all the laughing I did by reading the last 5 chapters at a stretch. Honestly, you are making this fic not suitable for children.
I think you started reading the manga. Because I could see more and more of Ban's perverted side every time Curvionne is in the room.
When he makes a sarcastic comment and his paaht-nah doesn't get it, it is even more hilarious. I had to stop every once in a while, laugh out loud and then continue. :P
The story is taking a a very good shape and i just love the way it is going. Pary Moppins (do you just randomly misspell names and come up with new names?) sings beautifully. (If you know what I mean)

I am trying my level best to imagine Ban in that bunny outfit and end up having a laughing fit. I shall try and draw him maybe? Oh you just love torturing poor old Ban, don't you?
I think Rapier is rubbing off on you to name Microphone and Speakers in such a way. Stop writing more of Rapier's dialogues :P
I so enjoy your fic. Post soon. I am trying to come up with a couple chapters of my own fic. I am so dead when I post it! :D

Bye bye
Atropos' Knife chapter 17 . 5/17/2014
Okaaayyyyy... that whole rap-and-dance number to the tune of "Timber" was just pure... wtf insanity! LOL By the time the levels of insanity reached that point where chibi-Ginji joined the trollietubbies in a line dance on the table, it was a good thing you had them just fist pumping in the air and not having them - and Pary Moppins, God forbid! - you know, like twerking their butts off or anything like that. XD

I'm glad for that little bit of restraint, honestly, 'cause I was already near close to purchasing a bottle of extra-strength brain bleach when I almost thought for a while there that you would kit up Pary Moppins in a Playboy bunny suit like the others. While I don't doubt Julie Andrews had a pretty nice bod during the 60s, the very thought of Mary Poppins/Maria von Trapp in a...lalalalalala...yeah...kill dead my childhood why dontcha? LOL

I, however, wouldn't have flinched whatsoever if you had Curvionne gyrating along to the song like all those line dancers in the video. Then again, maybe it's just as well or else Ban would be needing far more than just a ciggie after all that hahahaha.

Anyway, that number was a very entertaining, amusing, and lyrically creative interlude before getting down to 'flushing the CRAP' business at hand. And now we get to who I assume is the 'big bad' of this story, Kitty Ferry. Oh joy, how purrrfect! :P

As always, I can't wait! Cheers! :)
Xeraphina Laurentia chapter 17 . 5/8/2014
Ahahah! That was great! I had the most amazing vision of Mary Poppin's rapping. It really made me laugh like a maniac... Phew * wipes tears of laughter *
Great update as usual. I really love the acronyms. They get me every time.
Atropos' Knife chapter 16 . 3/29/2014
Gaahhh! I can't believe I almost missed your update! .

Oh dear. All throughout reading this chapter, I just couldn't help but actually SEE Ban, Ginji, and - good gawd! - the Trollietubbies wearing the Playboy bunny suits. It...it... boggles the mind, to say the least.

Read: someone has to draw the fanart STAT! LOL

At the very least, this chapter brings back so many fond memories of the drag scenes in my old GB fic, so I thank you so much for making me cheerfully nostalgic. Heaven knows, I've been needing a lot of that lately. Now, if I can just get my brain around all the circumlocutorily named gadgets and their respective acronyms, I'll go less crazy hahaha.

Anyway, I can't wait to visualize how this mad caper-in-drag is going to go down. As always, I leave it to your wacky and vivid knack for description to make the surreality an absolute joy to read and experience. Update soon!

Cheers! :D
Xeraphina Laurentia chapter 16 . 3/14/2014
You are most welcome :) I really do enjoy reading this ludicrous tale. It brings joy and laughter to my boring everyday life! This chapter was particularly amusing - especially Ban's thought process with regards to the "appendage". Keep up the great work! I look forward to more XD And yah, the mice-cart scene was hilarious.
Xeraphina Laurentia chapter 6 . 12/17/2013
The mine-coaster description reminds me of the mine tracks in Hoodwinked (with the singing mountain goat). :)
I love the absurdity of this story!
Atropos' Knife chapter 15 . 11/19/2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Mayumi-san! :)

Arrrrrghhh... and with that, you just made me slobber for a real-life version of rainbow fudge pie - dark chocolate silk fudge with M&Ms. Thanks a lot, and this just before Thanksgiving. My diet is so screwed haha.

Anyway, very clever - and fun! - poem which I totes read with Julie Andrews' posh voice in my head. And far from being annoyed (as I am wont to be) with Pary Moppins' version of "A Spoonful of Sugar," I actually tried singing along to your wacky lyrics (drawing the line at attempting the four-octave levels of the "A-h-h-h-h-ah" portion)! LOL

Damn, I REALLY, REALLY want that ice cream sundae umbrella and my mind is just doing flips imagining cute chibi-Ginji dancing with a tiny one.

So much more randomness to love here - from the ridiculous appropriation of the alarms, the sudden blare of a full orchestra, the cracking of the sigh, and of course, the Playboy bunny armor! All sprinkled with a liberal dose of Ban's ubiquitous eye-rolling and sarcasm. I cannot wait to see the surprises you have next!

Welp, I hope you have a great birthday. Virtual rainbow fudge pie with candle for you! Hope your birthday is as colorful and fun as this fic! :D Cheers!
Xeraphina Laurentia chapter 15 . 11/18/2013
I absolutely love this fic! Keep up the good work. I can't wait for the next chapter :)
Atropos' Knife chapter 14 . 9/7/2013
And I am still chuckling quietly as I write this...

But I'll have you know I chuckle not solely for the innuendo-rife banter I can be so very fond of, but for the absurdly random bits as well (See? I can be mature about my sense of humor. Ok, so maybe not by THAT much LOL). I particularly LOVE Ban's ground beef-spiked tea (a little umami in tea never hurt anyone, I suppose haha), GLUTEN-free jujubes, and NO BANJOS AT THE TEA TABLE. And, of course, who in their right mind would not get behind an absolutely righteous and justified attack against I.D.I.O.T? Especially since it has the nerve to go after Ban's Jagan when he's been tortured enough already (well, not nearly enough yet for my liking. Read: keep bringing it, Mayumi-san!). :D

And I am so feeling this Ma... Pary Moppins. You have her voice and manners down pat. Although I'm not sure whether sparing us her singing is a good or bad thing LOL.

Sparing us from the gnome's singing though? Agree wholeheartedly! XD No wonder I couldn't place Armonioso (btw, I'm so adoring that word...seriously can't get enough of the Latin musical terms in your fics), I must've blocked him out and replaced him with some other vague Disney-esque character.

So the plot thickens. I can't wait to see how the action's gonna heat up and to what absurd levels you're gonna draw it out. As always, I'm tuned in and, rest assured, sticking around for the long haul. Keep it coming!

Cheers! :)
vedha chapter 13 . 8/5/2013
Well, it has been a long time since I saw an update and man it is good. But why torture Ban so much? Poor soul! he he he he...
Hopefully we get more soon from you! I missed the get backers and you Mayumi-san...
Atropos' Knife chapter 13 . 7/3/2013
Hey! You're back! Things have been sooooo slow or dreary in the fandoms I'm in that I kinda haven't bothered to check my ffnet account inbox much. Lo, much to my pleasant surprise, you updated ODAM! :) Hope you had a happy Canada Day!

Hahaha... the gang's attempts to figure out the passphrase reminded me so much of "Army of Darkness". I can only imagine how hilarious it would have been to see Ban 'Charades' and "'Catchphrase'-ing his way to teaching the trollietubbies (and Ginji) "Chim-chim-cheree" without saying it himself. No wonder he needed a ciggie afterwards LOL.

The Black Parasol Mary Poppins. *slaps forehead* Why didn't I catch on to that? :D And now we have a tea party and a new song to wriggle down my ear... "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..." Damn, Mayumi-san, every song you introduce ALWAYS does that to me. LOL

OH! And who is our little humanoid with the forest green tunic and red pointy hat? I am drawing a blank here. Think, Atropos, think! You are not going senile, darn it! XD Oh well, I guess that's just one more reason (not that I need more in this crack-tastic fic hehe) to tune in to the next installment. Go ahead, live your life, and take your sweet time with this. The GB fandom may be in a state of catatonia lately, but as always, I'll be patiently tuning in.

Cheers!
Atropos' Knife chapter 12 . 1/26/2013
Oh joy! An update for the new year! :)

This chapter had me in stitches in more ways than one, most of all being the incessant redundancy of Rapier. I kinda understand how that would drive Ban bonkers because, admittedly, I go ballistic at the same thing - in this case, on myself because I have a tendency to be redundant both in speech and writing if I'm allowed to ramble hahaha. I reckon if I had a beta to audit the way I talk in real life she or he would be reacting as justifiably as Ban is doing here. Anyway, I can imagine how writing these endless strings of redundant phrases must've been a real blast for you. XD

Gawds, I'm replaying chipmunk voices going "Ban-chan... Ban-chan..." over and over in my head and IT. WON'T. STOP. Darn it, Ginji (and Mayumi-san) see what fresh hell you have wrought! LOL At least all the annoying Ban-chanting was more than made up for by that sweet scene where Ban admits Ginji is the 'exception'. Awwwww...that is so true. Ban may be all tsun-tsun about his feelings towards people he cares about, but it's always a joy to see him in anime, in manga, and in fanfiction showing hints of his soft side. And the funny thing is, he never attempts to rationalize those feelings. They're just... there. Glad to see it making an appearance here :)

Oooh... and the mystery behind Chamelea's name continues. What a strange name for a gargoyle-like creature. Let's see, my Google-fu comes up with a saltwater clam, a 3D wallpaper, and a kids enrichment center in Toronto... Hmmm... I wonder what the inspiration could be. :D

The juvenile perv that I am, I kinda missed all the hilarious innuendo from Curvionne from the last chapter. However, I couldn't help but giggle madly at your description of the terrifying powers of The Black Parasol - turning creatures into jujubes, making bananas brown, and -gasp - dirty diapers falling from the sky. Oh dear, that's an extinction level event right there! I am with the trollietubbies as they tremble in their tiny little booties. LOL

Glad to see the new year hasn't changed your penchant for insanity hahaha :D. Looking forward to more, more, more! Update as soon as you can!

Cheers!

(And now I can't get the image of Curvionne singing "Chim Chim Che-ree" in Julie Andrews' voice out of my head. Thanks, Mayumi-san, for sending me so many ear worms this early in the year! XD)
Kittens Kat chapter 11 . 12/3/2012
My brain has melted into a HAPPY puddle of GOO! I can not wait for the next update!
_
Kittens Kat chapter 7 . 12/3/2012
You are INSANE! I now have annoying ear worms! I'm DOOMED I tell ya DOOMED!
(LOL) This story is funny! _