Reviews for Home at Last
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/24
Excellent! Welcome home, John.
GageDeSotoFan chapter 1 . 1/14
After all this time, re-reading these stories brings tears to my eyes. You captured so much of the feelings of that day. Thank you for bringing Johnny home. We lost too many that day to lose one more, even in fiction.
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Beautiful!
Jrsgirl chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
What a touching story! Thanks for remembering.
The Original Geek chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Glad I found this again, especially at this point in time. I remember reading this years ago on one of the E! sites I used to haunt and being so impressed by it.
Kelmin chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This line of Johnny's summarized the feelings of many people:

"I need to talk to somebody, be with somebody."

Nicely done.
TaylorGibbs chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Another very powerful story. I'm so glad you had him surrounded by friends, people who, even if they weren't there in NYC, can empathize and be a shoulder. These are so wonderfully done.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Both stories were done beautifully. Using Johnny and Roy again was real good. And Johnny and Cap and Roy retired. I had pictures in my head and at one point flashed the picture of the movie where they become Captains and promise to stay in touch. They really were brother's and you always saw the worry on Roy if John was in trouble or hurt and the same for John if Roy was hurt or had a problem. Thanks for writing this. It was a day that will always hurt, especially the victims loved ones. I know one of them and her husband and her were only married a short time. She has now written 3 books, being a Christian she writes how her faith has gotten her through it along with family and friends, but I just can't imagine it. Thanks again for a wonderful tribute to fireman and police that went down and their brothers. Sue