Reviews for Gondor
TheRoadgoeseverOnAndOn chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
A great poem fic. Very well written.
prieda chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
ok. You are probably completely fed up with my reviews by now. If you have read through them all you are also maybe a bit angry at me. Despite this, and despite the fact that you probably wrote this poem ages ago and don't check its reviews any more I am going to give you a bit, long, literature style review for it...to say sorry about my rather pedantic stuff about Faramir...here goes:

Begining of poem: great. And so LOTR! If this was a proper Lit essay I was doing I would be babling on now about the retorical questions and repetition used to drive home the point that things have changed, a change from good to bad etc.

Next (apres the questions): Lovely. There is a great rhythm going at this point, from 'abandoned' to 'waned'. this is probably my favourite part of the poem. Again, essay wise I'm blathering on about how you give all the questions, then answer them negativly, then give signs of impending hope. Also i would mention the alliteration in 'burned is the banner'.

Next: King back in gondor, fine fine, but then the poem goes a little strange. Maybe it's just the way I'm reading it but there's something a little dodgy about the rhythm in the fine after that; 'returned...fair' And aliterative-wise I'm tripping over the sounds 'Fair, numenor, heir'

And Last: After it's small hiccough the poem gets back on track. Actually the 'horn of the heir' bit is good, because it means you've used the horn imagery throughout the poem to show the status of the Kingdom. It's in one of the questions and is cleaved as well. my essay is now wittering about liet motifs, and all the imagery used.

Overall...A really good poem. Certainly better than any I've written! I hope this nice long review makes up for all my other ones. *puppy dog eyes*. And keep writting the Faramir and Sirius stories. Love 'em. [did you like the review? my email if you want to yell at me for going on longer than necessary about the Amazing Surviving Faramir *ducks*]
Jewels chapter 1 . 7/17/2006
Very good. It is in true Tolkien style. The only thing that I have anything against is the sudden shift in tone. You start out very somber, then bam, your hopeful. Perhaps you should add a few transitional lines.
BlueMoonHowler chapter 1 . 5/1/2005
I have one thing to say: YOU R GIFTED YOU R GREAT I LOVE UR POEM IM A FAN OF URS ALREADY

that is all
Amanda Ayers chapter 1 . 4/29/2005
great poem! i love it! you are my fave. writer up here! keep writing.

thanks for reviewing me!

p.s. how old is your bro? maybe we can get hooked up! lol, naw, im jokeing! :)
M.O.D. Tomato chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
"I'm not that good at poetry"

I want you to get that out of your head (and if I were you I'd get that out of your summary as well). Sound confident!

You managed to create a poem that has a rhyme (a *sustained* rhyme at that) and at the same time does not turn out sounding cliche. That, dear author, is golden!

I just don't really like one line:

"Nonexistent is the heir of Isildur"

The word that here troubles me is "nonexistant" I feel it disrupts the flow- and is actually not very true. Aragorn would be the heir. He isn't nonexistant, just not present. So try some new words-

"Away is the heir of Isildur"

"Gone is the heir of Isildur"

"Lost is the heir of Isildur"

There's many other options of course.

Be confident in yourself. You *can* write poetry.
Laiquendi chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Hi ! really nice poem, good flow, imagery and rhyming, I liked it.
flafooba chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
What do you mean you're not a good poet?
Masterarcher chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Wow! Very good. And it shows what the people of Gondor must have (Had they been real) felt like. I think you a very good poet.
Oceanic Others Freak chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
Hey, you're much better of a poet than i am! It's so good!
rreaderr chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
You may claim that you are not much of a poet, but I think your poem is very well written and I enjoyed it. I give you the thumbs up.
Kishi Seta chapter 1 . 3/13/2005
ah...if you say you are not a poet, I have to say you are quite good. I mean, it might be prosaic but, yes...nice...