Reviews for No Such Thing As Heaven
Saddened Soul chapter 9 . 6/28/2005
Unless this turns out different than 'The Shining', there won't be that much of a happy ending for the Winsletts...

The very last part of this chapter just made me feel suddenly saddened for Kaitlyn-damn the irony in that(Points at penname)-, but not everything can have a happy ending, right?

~ _ ~
Shade Eido chapter 9 . 6/28/2005
First of all, I must say, GREAT analogies and descriptions. Whoa, I'm sitting here in my chair now, but while ago it felt as if I were at Gunner's Heaven; weird huh? So, here we have Kaitlyn experiencing all of these new emotions and seeing new things... I love your grip on emotion, it truly is unreal.O_O Anyway, I anxiously await the next chapter.
Shade Eido chapter 8 . 6/14/2005
He, another great chapter. So, we meet Pike, who is apparently a very grounded (if not somewhat grumpy XD) young man (He's filling in for Watson isn't he? It's been awhile since I've read the Shining..) But, yeah, the conversation pertaining to Berlitz was funny, Kaitlyn's answer possibly being the funniest. X). You know, I absolutely love the description of Gunner's Heaven, it makes it seem to breath.. kind of creepy, yup. Great job, can't wait to see more. _
Saddened Soul chapter 8 . 6/9/2005
Interesting... and so Part II of the story begins...

I can't really say much for this chapter, other than I'm glad you used Pike for something; he was really just a minor character in the game, and he appears to also be one in this story.

Keep going, thank you very much.
Saddened Soul chapter 7 . 5/20/2005
So I'm guessing the next chapter begins Part Two? Well, whatever it is, let's hope you keep up with the magnificence of this story.

Great chapter, though.
Shade Eido chapter 7 . 5/20/2005
Man, this is as twisted and as deep as all get out. I kind of want to, you know, hide behind some random object but, nah, that's no gonna do at all. It's kind of creepy, really, how you describe the surreal dream world so well, it kind of takes the reader into the deepest, darkest, recesses of one's mind. Dreams are scary, and they're scarier when you're someone like Kaitlyn, who's dreams are but a not so distant reality (or possible reality). This is nummy, delicious, and creepy. You know, kind of like blood wine... Or not, I've ne'er had it. XD Must read more...*nod drool*
El Dorado chapter 6 . 5/17/2005
Love it. Poor Catherine. It must be difficult... Still I side with Clive... because he tries.

Melody? Tell me you'll go into detail. Please?

Anyway it's good work as usual and I wanna see more.
Saddened Soul chapter 6 . 5/16/2005
Good insight into Catherine's part in all of this. It really must've difficult for her...

Well, great chapter, nonetheless. Can't wait for the next installment!
Shade Eido chapter 6 . 5/16/2005
*shudders* The more I read this, the more colder I get. I feel as if someone has shoved a cube of ice under my skin and slid it down to the base of my spine for good measure. What's creepy is, Clive is playing his role to a "T" without seeming out of character or outlandish. That's hard to do, considering that Clive was almost the perfect father figure in the game. Also, if I were in Catherine's shoes... I'd, sadly enough, be thinking and DOING the same thing that she is doing. Sure, you love them, true enough, but.. what are you to do when your child favors him over you? After all, you were the one that beared them into life. It's almost like a strange reveille to dark emotions. I truly am loving this. What impresses me even more (I didn't think that possible) is that you intergrate Jet in so smoothly. I believe that he makes a perfect "Tony" as he could, very well, be an imaginary figure, plus his cold logic would be reliable enough to trust. *shudders again*.. Do I need to even say I love this chapter? Yes? Well then, I love this chapter.
Skylark Starflower chapter 5 . 5/13/2005
Well, now that I've finally gotten around to reading this, what to say about it? _ Um...I still like, write more? Me so original. Tee hee. _
El Dorado chapter 5 . 4/21/2005
Well what can I say? Good stuff. I like the way you manage to portray Clive and Belitz's druken mindsets.

I like the description of that night and I like the thingy they use to talk. Wow, that didn;t sound intelligent.

Either way, continue.
Skylark Starflower chapter 4 . 4/17/2005
Redrum. Hee hee, that makes me think of a bit from a Buffy episode. Xander is wonderful. Of course, so is this ficcy! Whee! _ More! And I don't know why, but I just pictured Clive using Finest Arts on a lamb... Lambchan go boom! Tee hee. _
meteor9 chapter 5 . 4/15/2005
Well, it's official. Even late at night/early in the morning, you can write. You can write well, durnit.

And I see what you mean about the missing punctuaton marks. Good ol , huh?

And, well, again I can't think of anything. That, and I have to go to work now. Anyway, amazing work, as always. _
meteor9 chapter 4 . 4/15/2005
A What took me so long to read this?

B How do you manage to completely floor me with you work, every time? _

Since I can't really think of anything at the moment, I'm-a gonna head on over to Chapter 5.
Shade Eido chapter 5 . 4/15/2005
Another deliciously haunting chapter. I love how you intergrate the empathite into this story, namely because it's so much easier to send emotions and the like by TALKING to someone opposed to writing it on paper. I also love the descriptions you gave concerning the hunt and how it affected Clive's disease. Clive seems to be going in between hopeless dark and warming, although waning, light. I am simply loving this story. _ Keep up the good work. ~_