Reviews for Fallen Away
Kat chapter 17 . 11/21/2012
Can't help it... all I could think was:

"Janet!"
"Dr. Scott!"
"Janet!"
"Brad!"
"Rocky!"

EricSB chapter 31 . 4/16/2011
Nicole,

It was a great ride! Your story was a lot of fun to read. I knew the end was near and so this time I slowly read it as with the previous chapters I raced through them, excited for the next.

If it means anything, I would love to see more Tron off-shoot stories from you. You have a wonderful knack for story telling and I would love to join you on another journey through the Tron world.
Swashbucklist chapter 29 . 3/19/2011
First things first: sorry for taking so long to leave a review! I have been distracted. So naturally, when I finally came back to find one of my favorite fanfics of all time *completed*, I was pretty excited. And as usual, you didn't disappoint. Except for a few minor typos in chapter 28 (which would be chapter 27 to you because you used chapter 21 for a notice).

Everything went down exactly as I'd hoped: with the bold action and post-battle exhaustion that is expected if a great action-adventure story. It's good that Tron (and Tracer!) got the heroic action scene they both deserved. I liked the line "Tron...hurry..." because it reminded the reader of the ticking clock while adding a little desperation to the mix. Also, a black Hazel with glowing white eyes would look pretty cool. Thanks for that image.

I wasn't sure how you were going to tie up Hazel's story with the End Code (could she live with it as part of herself?), but you wrapped it up quite nicely. And I only started thinking, right before it happened, that Alan had some clever trick up his sleeve that would help everyone save the day. How awesome was that!

The only thing I can possibly complain about would be the last chapter. It seemed kinda rushed, as though you wanted some romance in the end but didn't quite know how to fit it into the story you already had going. Other than that, Fallen Away is and forever shall be the BEST Tron fanfic I have ever read, and a superior sequel to the original film than Legacy. I'm happy I came across it all those years ago and didn't let it slip into memory, and I have had a blast watching it thunder toward its conclusion.

Holycrap, it *has* been exactly six years! How'd you do that?
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 29 . 3/13/2011
This is actually a P.S. for my review to the Epilogue: I still need Trace's profile for my story!
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 30 . 3/12/2011
Nice ending. So, are you going to write a sequel? Tell us what Hazel and Tracer's kids get up to? After all, who would make a better baby-sitter than Tron? He looks after the system well enough, how bad can the kids of two renegade transferred programs be?

Swashbucklist chapter 27 . 2/20/2011
Tron gets to fight a super-dangerous bad guy! I'm glad to see the action hasn't slowed down a single notch, and even gladder to note that it's not just a big showdown. There are still a few good surprises here: like how the heck did the Lead get control of Hazel? User power, no doubt. Also, her new weapon is cool

Cannot WAIT to see how this all goes down. Is the Lead going to make Hazel attack her friends? Will she damage the Core before she can be stopped? Is she gonna take someone with her before she's derezzed? I did not think it would come this far all those years ago when Fallen Away was only three chapters long.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 27 . 2/19/2011
Cliffhanger much? Awww...

ShanDaMan chapter 26 . 2/10/2011
It just keeps getting better and better. You have managed to surprise me so many times in the last several chapters.

I loved Tron Legacy, but this alternate universe that you have created is just as real and vivid in my imagination. I especially love Wulf and the struggle he had while living up to his programming to protect the MCP.

It is a very good thing that this story was not rushed out the door to beat the movie release! I can't wait to see how you conclude everything.
Swashbucklist chapter 26 . 2/10/2011
I got a cameo! Great gummi-bear orgy! (insert equal sign followed by capitol "d"; it makes a face) I got really excited and clapped my palms together when I read that, and finished the chapter wearing a big grin (before my lazy face muscles gave out and returned to their comfortable frowny default; but I am still very happy). I don't know a single equally- or near-talented author who would've done that. There are some who adopt fan-characters or insert their friends, but none of that fanfiction would be worthy of being published like Fallen Away is. That's what really has me awesomed: being given a role in an extremely *well-written* fanfic. I even got to help save some people and deliver a bunch of dialog! Sweetness. So it looks like *I* was one of the two programs Hazel upchucked. How delightful. :)

Everything else is nothing short of terrific. The big "race through the city" action sequence must have been inspired at least a teensy-weensy bit by Treasure Planet, no? You did a great job with that. You constructed the scene in such a way that it made perfect sense for that to be happening in the Tron universe, and you added some good original ideas to help keep it exciting. I could seriously hear action music strumming away in the back of my head while reading this chapter.

I'm also happy with everything you did with Cipher. I started liking him for the same reason I like Tracer: he's kind of an out-of-the-limelight character. It seemed like he was gonna die soon (if he wasn't already), but then you went and put him into *another* one of my favorite roles: the dangerous henchmen that the heroes have to fight. Just like Rinzler.

And now that said dangerous henchman is taken care of, it's onto the boss fight. Only this time, Tron is gonna be part of it, unlike his role as the dangerous henchman in Legacy. Cannot wait.

P.S. Oh, yes, I was so busy partying in my head that I almost forgot to call the grammar police: toward the beginning there is an extra "f" in Wulf's name and another "f" that slipped its way into the word "sorry". Thought you oughta know.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 26 . 2/9/2011
I got a cameo in your story! Cool! Great chapter! Can't wait for the next one!

Swashbucklist chapter 25 . 1/31/2011
This is SO exciting. There aren't many fanfics out there that have had me this juiced for the climax. The Lead basically just returned from a realm of gods with god-like powers, and only a few grid-dwellers are capable of standing against her. The buildup and the tension are freakin irresistible! I can absolutely see this drama unfolding on the big screen.

And what a great character transformation for Tron! He even has a [no doubt cool-looking] mark across his chest to show for the life-changing decision he just made. On that note, Alan has a good point: if computers start out-thinking people, people won't just idle; they'll start thinking double-time. Thanks to that little nugget and an already fleshed-out cast, this story has more meaning and character development than Legacy did.

Normally I'd be itching for the showdown, but in this case I'm enjoying every moment leading up to it.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 25 . 1/30/2011
Yay for Hazel! And Tron and Alan! Good chapter.

EricSB chapter 24 . 1/25/2011
I have alerts setup so as soon as you publish I know and I read it! I'm always anxious for the next chapter, so far this story you've put together is fantastic! Thank you for the continued hard work and effort you pour into it!
Swashbucklist chapter 24 . 1/23/2011
Whoa ... Did Tracer just rez the Lead into the Grid with his own laser? IN HIS EYEBALLS?

Regardless, now that she's back in there, she's gonna have User powers. That does not bode well for poor, misunderstood Hazel, even if she got Tron off her back. They're gonna have to double-team her in an epic showdown. *Another* one! You can tell we're on the last leg of the ride. People in one world are having dramatic standoffs, people in another world are racing to put things into motion, and BOTH worlds are at risk; talk about high adventure. This chapter is totally helping my zen, man. And then there's Retribution chasing after that cruiser. Can she take on all those Rovers by herself if she fails to get help from Wulf or Cipher? Cipher was on of Alan's programs, right?

I knew Hazel wasn't really killing all those main characters, but I didn't expect her to be powerful enough to send them back to the real world. Though it makes perfect sense when you recall that that's what the MCP did to Flynn. Good thinking.

How many chapters can you say are left?
Jyn-the-Raccoon chapter 24 . 1/23/2011
OMGness! this is intense! i am at a loss for words! keep writing!