Reviews for Fallen Away
Swashbucklist chapter 19 . 12/30/2010
Yeah! Flynn's back! And with him he brings ... one hell of a revelation. Wow. I totally didn't see that coming. It was one thing when we found out *what* she was, but when it was revealed *who* she was ... I think I almost felt shivers running up my back. No kidding.

"It was perfect ... a perfect adventure. The good guys won." No doubt he says that with just a hint of bitterness. :)
cascade-of-black-ink chapter 18 . 12/28/2010
I absolutely love your fic! Like others here I've only watched Tron: Legacy and didn't watch the original film, but I have always been interested in the original film's premise since watching Legacy, and reading your fic has filled in many of the gaps. Not only that but your fic is very well-written in my opinion, with enough computerspeak to appeal to not-too-programming-literate me. Awesome job, and I look forward to reading more! :D
Jyn-the-Raccoon chapter 18 . 12/26/2010
I LOVE THIS STORY SO MUCH! I remember finding this fic after my dad introduced me to the first TRON movie, it was so cool and I was so sad that you hadn't updated in so long I thought it would never be finished, but now I am so happy you continued, it made my day! keep writing, I can't wait for your next chapter!
heart-away chapter 18 . 12/24/2010
I actually started reading tron fanfic today after watching the new movie. Imagine my surprise when I found this one...made 5 years before the movie. And a very well written one at that!

haha I'm even starting to think that the writer for that movie may have gotten many of his ideas from you. Thank you for creating this story. While I enjoyed the movie very much I felted something lacking in the way it ended.

You have given me a whole new perception of the TRON world.
Mel chapter 18 . 12/23/2010
Nice chapter! I especially like the first half; the fact that the Endcode is personified as a grasping, greedy old man is great. I look forward to the next chapter!
Swashbucklist chapter 18 . 12/22/2010
The first half of this chapter was EPIC! And quite moving, too.

I see what you mean by the locked-up people; you needed to get them out of the way so you don't have to spend time writing about a whole group of characters who aren't about to do anything consequential.

Keep'm comin'! There are still two other movies I haven't seen yet this year, so by the time I get around to TRON: Legacy, this story may already be finished.
EricSB chapter 18 . 12/22/2010
As you already know Lora and Alan were married in real life... In the game Tron 2.0, it was suggested that Laura perhaps met her demise in the lab. There is an email snippet from Alan to Kevin found in the game that states the following:

"So glad to hear from you old friend.

There's no need to worry about me, I've gotten on pretty well since the pass of Lora. It's Jet that I'm worried about, a real handfull he's been!

What are you up these days are you still considering pitching your experience in the computer world to Hollywood? Hmmm, I wonder who would play my part? Someone handsome, I hope :)

Anyway, thanks for the email and don't be such a stranger.

Alan Bradley

Senior Programming Engineer"

A link to the email (I've personally seen/read this email in game so I know it's real) is here: wiki/File:027_How_are_you_holding_

Anyway, not sure how you can rectify that in your storyline, but I wish Lora and Dumont were still alive. I've also seen the movie and LOVED it but the end is a huge bummer. I hope you've seen it because of not the following will be a spoiler so I suggest not reading it if you've not yet seen the movie and don't want the spolier...

Thanks again for the fantastic story, I continue to look forward to the next chapters now that I've made it to the "end" of the current chapter. :)

- Spoiler -

Kevin Flynn (I think) dies while destroying Clu 2, I'm so bummed, and almost heart broken over it. I can't believe how attached to these characters I've become.
EricSB chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
I am such a Tron fan, its ridiculous! I love everything about the entire franchise, and am excited to have come across your stories! I’m up to chapter 9 now and am so far loving your spin off. Only issue is, the new movie sought to stop Clu 2 from doing just what your story has done and that is to allow programs to enter the real world. How odd!

Thanks again for your contributions and I look forward to reading the rest of the chapters! Bravo, nice work!
DawningStar chapter 17 . 12/18/2010
Definitely one of the best Tron fics around! I hope you continue-just because the movie's come out, it doesn't mean alternate futures aren't fun to read about!
Mel chapter 17 . 12/14/2010
I've really enjoyed reading this! You may not finish it before Legacy comes out, but I look forward to seeing how it ends all the same. I really like the focus on free will and the religious element of Tron; the user as creator god thing is one of my favorite aspects of the original movie. Good luck with the next chapter!

PS: I can't believe you did that whole mass confusion/mistaken identity scene... Although I should have seen it coming, really. :P
Swashbucklist chapter 17 . 12/7/2010
Jackpot! Three whole chapters!

And some good action scenes, too. I loved the iDisc (sorry, Identity Disk) fight. The one I wrote was SO much longer *groan* ...

The action and character development are progressing quite smoothly, though we should really get back to those people who're locked up ... eventually.

Oh yeah, I love the line, "Go get your arm," after which he calmly leaves and comes back with it. That made me laugh, but not as much as the scene where the bulk of the cast ran into each other and got confused. Even I kept forgetting whom looked like whom, so I was just as befuddled as the characters were. Toby was confused b'cause Tron looked like that one guy ... oh yeah, Cipher. ... no wait, Yori was written by Lora, and those other two guys were both written by Tron ... I mean, Tron and Tracer ... no Cipher! And they were both written by Jeff Bridges. I mean Bruce! No, Flynn...

That's pretty much what was going through my head.

Anyway, keep it up! I can hardly wait to see how this all goes down, regardless of how much it differs from Legacy.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 17 . 12/6/2010
All three chapters are good I really like the scene that has them all encountering each other.

"Tron?" "Cipher!" "YORI?" "Alan!" etc... that's cool. Glad you updated.

Spark

P.S. 10 days, 2 hours, 54 minutes, 30 seconds...29...28...27...!

P.P.S In case you hadn't guessed, I'm going to see it in 3D at midnight at my local theater. I'm halfway done with my costume - my fingers hurt from sewing the shiny ribbon on. At least the Tron Legacy costumes is easier to make than one for the original movie.
ShanDaMan chapter 14 . 12/2/2010
I just wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed this story! One of the nice things about the new movie has been hearing about how much the original TRON meant to so many people, as it did for me.

I really like how you have given personality to the programs Tron and Wulf. I like the suprise of the key's true purpose and the moral delimma that Hazel faces.

Things I'm looking forward to:

When's Alan going to show up?

What's Flynn been doing?

What happens when Tron meets Retribution?

What happens when the key is used (accidentally or on purpose) on a program?

What happens when Hazel meets Toby?

Please, continue this story! Apparantly you have been writing it for quite a long time. Don't feel pressured to finish before or after the new movie, or to compare or fit-in your story. Just finish telling us your story. We love it.
Silver-ShadowSpark chapter 14 . 10/2/2010
Good chapter. It would be cool to see Tron on Landfall. His reactions, I mean. And him meeting Alan face to face. That would be neat. ;)

Spark
Swashbucklist chapter 14 . 10/1/2010
Man, that was a quick update! I'm still glad that Tracer turned out to be a good guy. There could be a little more drama if certain characters were still giving him a hard time, though. :)
78 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »