Reviews for Living without Danger
Someone mentioned crying over Siss in an early review... My immediate thought was oop me too. Dang that was sad. At first I was like 'she could only be petrified...' And then no.
thelittlebassoonist chapter 36 . 3/23
I've read LwoD three times through now. While I think it's a little too married to the "stations of canon," there are some really stellar parts. Everything about Siss, Harry befriending Sangre, the Pride establishing their group dynamics, Sirius and Aletha as DADA profs. I think LwoD thrives when the story is significantly different from canon.

I also am continually amazed at how many threads you manage and weave. And I know that the stories will only get more complicated and more crowded (in a good way!) with time. Pretty much any time you start a section with just pronouns, not someone's name, my thoughts start spinning to figure out which bit of the narrative you're teasing out. I look forward to continuing this reread journey.
Imaginer.012 chapter 32 . 2/13
Padfoot comforting Hermione and Hermione exploding on him. Great writing!
Imaginer.012 chapter 25 . 2/10
BYOT warning needed! Beautiful job!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/6/2020
How is anything to do with the Pack's powers any of Albus' sticky-nosy business? Oh, wait, it's not. Nosy bastard.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2020
Love that Dudders is there AND is in Sly! Is he, specifically, affected by the curse? I wouldn't think so - his young age should have protected him from the vengeance magic, so...?

Harry and Draco were very - unnecessarily - rude to poor Theo. It's not Theo's fault that he has no other way of identifying muggleborn except to call them mudbloods. Harry and Draco wasted an extremely powerful teaching point (and do I ever hate that phrase but it suits here) when they instead chose to make an enemy of him rather than explaining.
thelittlebassoonist chapter 36 . 11/17/2020
I'm continuing my reread of your series, and I am ever impressed by your ability to plot and foreshadow. Lovely job, Anne. I look forward to read on!
lee chapter 18 . 9/5/2020
that was an excellent ending. loving this story so far. but i noticed that ron seemed to have only one visitor, while his entire family should have come. And also (this is addressed to jk as well), how is it that ron is hit on the head with a solid marble cylinder, with the speed of a nice slap, and all he has is a concussion? he should have had a serious concussion, coma, or atleast some bleeding.
Guest chapter 33 . 8/17/2020
Oh..I like this story
Guest chapter 32 . 8/17/2020
Thanks for an interesting and well written story.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/16/2020
Loving your story...thanks
Guest chapter 32 . 7/21/2020
“Very little surprises me any more.”
“Hagrid has a dragon.”
“That’ll do it.”
This chapter was great! I have no idea where this is story is going, and who is behind the attacks. Right now, I’m guessing Patroclus Nott figures out a way to plant the diary into Hogwarts, but I have no idea who was possessed, or if there are multiple people. I can’t wait to keep reading!
Guest chapter 22 . 7/21/2020
Living with Danger and Living without Danger are some of the best fanfics I’ve ever read! Thanks so much for writing these!
Guest chapter 36 . 7/3/2020
Ooooh is Meghan going to help the Longbottoms?
Guest chapter 27 . 7/1/2020
Neville has that H ring, so I'd bet 10 galleons he's the blood heir of Hufflepuff. How fitting that he and Meghan have the connection they do!
2,465 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »