Reviews for Living without Danger
Professors Quirrell and Lockhart were unfortunately unable to rejoin us here at Hogwarts for another school year..." Dumbledore paused to allow the snickering to die down. They both died gruesome deaths here at safe old Hogwarts, your new professor killed one and the other might have been shredded by a misunderstood doggie. Info control much? Actually I am enjoying your story. Thanks
I expected more information on the...Remus is not a werewolf...thing but apparently not gonna get it yet. Still involuntarily transforms. Without wolfsbane or Danger would probably still be mindless beast. And apt to kill people. Just maybe not contagious? Not that the contagious thing could be proven. Still sounds like a werewolf. Anyway, good story. Thanks
Kathythomas chapter 36 . 7/11
I ️ your work. Especially having Percy possessed instead of just Ginny. Great thinking!
Rosewynn chapter 32 . 7/5
Welp, this is NOT going well-
SunsetSongwind chapter 32 . 7/2
Gee it's great, this story is finished so I won't tell you to update soon. I liked the part where Ron's jewel glowed, and I'm excited to find out precisely what that means.
Miraculous Moons and Dragons chapter 36 . 6/4
That "lion's son calls eagle's daughter sister" line is a tad misleading, I like it! Because Remus does say he and Letha are like siblings but people could also take it to mean Harry and Meghan, beautiful!
javaLADY4084 chapter 32 . 5/11
I was so surprised that Padfoot AND Hermione were petrified. Love the chapter and the story.
Someone mentioned crying over Siss in an early review... My immediate thought was oop me too. Dang that was sad. At first I was like 'she could only be petrified...' And then no.
thelittlebassoonist chapter 36 . 3/23
I've read LwoD three times through now. While I think it's a little too married to the "stations of canon," there are some really stellar parts. Everything about Siss, Harry befriending Sangre, the Pride establishing their group dynamics, Sirius and Aletha as DADA profs. I think LwoD thrives when the story is significantly different from canon.

I also am continually amazed at how many threads you manage and weave. And I know that the stories will only get more complicated and more crowded (in a good way!) with time. Pretty much any time you start a section with just pronouns, not someone's name, my thoughts start spinning to figure out which bit of the narrative you're teasing out. I look forward to continuing this reread journey.
Imaginer.012 chapter 32 . 2/13
Padfoot comforting Hermione and Hermione exploding on him. Great writing!
Imaginer.012 chapter 25 . 2/10
BYOT warning needed! Beautiful job!
Guest chapter 7 . 12/6/2020
How is anything to do with the Pack's powers any of Albus' sticky-nosy business? Oh, wait, it's not. Nosy bastard.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/6/2020
Love that Dudders is there AND is in Sly! Is he, specifically, affected by the curse? I wouldn't think so - his young age should have protected him from the vengeance magic, so...?

Harry and Draco were very - unnecessarily - rude to poor Theo. It's not Theo's fault that he has no other way of identifying muggleborn except to call them mudbloods. Harry and Draco wasted an extremely powerful teaching point (and do I ever hate that phrase but it suits here) when they instead chose to make an enemy of him rather than explaining.
thelittlebassoonist chapter 36 . 11/17/2020
I'm continuing my reread of your series, and I am ever impressed by your ability to plot and foreshadow. Lovely job, Anne. I look forward to read on!
lee chapter 18 . 9/5/2020
that was an excellent ending. loving this story so far. but i noticed that ron seemed to have only one visitor, while his entire family should have come. And also (this is addressed to jk as well), how is it that ron is hit on the head with a solid marble cylinder, with the speed of a nice slap, and all he has is a concussion? he should have had a serious concussion, coma, or atleast some bleeding.
2,472 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »