Reviews for A Pound of Flesh
Pheonix1995 chapter 17 . 12/3/2010
This is a great fic. I loved the ending, it showed how close the team are.
AmILeo chapter 17 . 10/17/2008
Great fic! Thanks for writing. :D
krage chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Seems interesting so far, i'll read the rest later when i get the time.
AlexCurtis chapter 6 . 5/24/2006
good
thebondgirl chapter 17 . 2/10/2006
yet another awesome story!:) and, well, what else can i say? there is nothing that i would've done differently!:) nicely done!:):):)
somebody101 chapter 17 . 1/26/2006
Is is a really great story, and you did a really great job with the characters, not to mention the descriptions. It was a good read, and I really enjoyed it. Good work!
thisismyname chapter 17 . 12/2/2005
hi kristen, i wasn't critisising or anything. i appreciate your researching. yeah, it isn't a big deal if a small detail was wrong or anything. and i've learnt some things from you as well. that's good work. i haven't completely finished reading the whole thing yet (im short of 2 chapters), but it's really nice. you have a good storyline and also create atmosphere for the characters as well.

i'll read your other stories too, and keep writing more.
Kristen999 chapter 2 . 12/1/2005
To the two people discussing swimming. I spent a lot of time researching the medical aspects, steroids, and CSI techniques to make this a realistic story. I'm not a swimming expert, LOL and it was a minor detail. It may be wrong, I'm not sure.

I think it's quite funny for a story as long as this, over 50,0 words, that's the only comment they one could make. However the devil is in the details and I'm more careful with my research in my later efforts...but it does make me chuckle a little bit.

Kristen
thisismyname chapter 2 . 12/1/2005
heather - maybe it depends on how far a lap is.

where i am, one lap is 100 metres (50 going, 50 back). in 7 minutes i can swim 1.5 laps which is 150 metres. so in one hour i can only swim 12.857142 laps (and if i dont slow down, which im definitely going to do. i can't swim non stop for an hour! and swim class is only 40 minutes and then minus 10 minutes for changing/talking to the instructor). but then im not the fastest in the class and im obviously not as fit as the character mentioned. but then, that's my point of view based on my own facts.

any other swimmers want to say something?
AmyMayThomas777 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Just giving you an extra feview so I can put this story on my favorites list
lemongrass chapter 17 . 6/22/2005
Hi Kristen. Again, I love love LOVED this story! It was quite a roller coster ride. I was holding my breath for Nick the entire time (Whew!). There doesn't seem to be many angsty friedship stories out there, and the good ones are even fewer, so yours are truly a gem. I'm almost glad I got to read this in one piece; imagine the pain of having to wait for more! Some of the cliffhangers were downright evil. :P Did I mention how much I loved it?

The sense of realism your story evokes is extrordinary. I'm a sucker for details: it's things like "Grissom taking off his glasses" that makes your story so easily picturable, almost like watching an actual episode. Nicely done!

Now, I'm in no way a slash-fan, but the thought of Greg cooking for Nick and tucking him in bed had me giggling like crazy. The same goes for Warrick. I adore your Catherine; you truly brought out the best in her. And you've got Brass's character down to a T. There wasn't a lot of focus on Grissom, but of course you more than made up for it in "Santaria". I'm wondering if you plan on writing a Nick/Sara fic in the future? I'd be interested to see how you handle it.

And lastly my shallow moment: Nick dripping wet from the shower! Whe! *giggles*

Sorry for my wordiness, but blame it on your amazing story. :P Once again, thank you for the fantastic ride!
Heather chapter 2 . 6/19/2005
How slow do you swim that it takes you over an hour to do 20 laps. Not even pushing I can do 20 in less then half an hour
teetotally chapter 17 . 6/7/2005
Just happend upon the story and skimmed a few chapters. Can't wait to read it cover-to-cover. Not too many Nicky-centered non-ship stories around meseems, and especially as beautifully written and true to character as this one. Thanx in advance for the read- I know I'm gonna love it, all the more since I won't be gettin' withdrawal symptoms from waiting for updates LOL. "Proper" review when I'm through with the first few chaps.
Ian Kamp chapter 17 . 5/25/2005
I enjoyed your reviews very thoroughly, and decided to look at your stories.

I've read all of your CSI fiction now. I saved this one for last since it had the most parts. And that is my compliment to you: the fact that I read all of your stories.

I didn't intend to. But they were all very good.

Especially this one.

I'm usually a fan of gimmicky fanfiction. Usually I have the attidude of: if this story doesn't do anything that would never happen on the show, like hooking up two characters or making one of the characters secretly a government agent, then why should I read it? Why not just watch the show?

This story isn't gimmicky. It progresses in exactly the same way the show does. Hell, it could be an episode. A damn good episode.

Your "suspect" characters were absolutely masterfully done. Roger was too obvious, I knew from go that he wasn't our perp. But my suspicions traveled back and froth between Michelle and Bob pretty quickly.

And, even though I knew Roger wasn't the ultimate perp, he provided just enough conflict to really get the story going. I was positive it had been him who'd attacked Nick while the attack was happening.

And your writing style was good enough that I could see past it and focus on the characters and events. Like a good pair of glasses, your writing did it's job and let me see the story without getting in my way.

I only leave reviews on stories that accomplish this feat. (This review will be my 4th on FF.n, and 2 of those went to 1 story.)

Thank you very much for the time you put in on this story. And thanks for showing me that stories without gimmicks can be fun to read, too.
Miss Anonymous hp chapter 17 . 4/24/2005
I loved this story from start to finish! What a wonderful case and you portrayed each character beautifully. I loved your characterization probably the most though your plot was in a close second when description in third by a hair. Everything was wonderful!