Reviews for Tell No Tails
Okami-the Lone Wolf chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
This was hilarious, sad that Wishbone died but the mental image I get of Joe sticking a trowel into Wanda's gut is just hilarious, well done!
Sleepn'eat chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
I... Couldnt... Stop... LAUGHING.

Pfffttt hahahahahahahaha.

Sorry but it's all ... Hahaha... Just so RANDOM and suddenly everyones dead or the murderer! Hahaha
Tribble Master chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
You are amazing.
D-Train chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
I think a lot of the people reviewing this story don't "get" it, the way that old people don't "get" Lady Gaga. This is art of the highest order, and it really speaks to my soul.

I particularly enjoyed Wishbone speaking at the end, despite the fact that he dies at the beginning, I would almost say that the religious allegory of the resurrection of Wishbone and redemption of Wanda through him borders on heavy-handed religious allegory, but obviously it doesn't since so many people don't seem to understand it. In fact, it is subtle and breathtaking in its simplicity.

I also believe that the first line of a story is often the most important part. Herman Melville's "Call me Ishmael." for example, or "It is a truth often acknowledged that [something about marrying rich men]." - Jane Austen. The first line of this story ranks among those, in my opinion. In fact, it is so great that I have seen other authors riff on it (you've clearly made an impact in the Wishbone fandom!), and I have personally memorized it to recite at high-society dinner parties and other appropriate events.

Thank you so much for this story, thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope to see more from you in the future!
sylvie-morose chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Well.

I looked at your reviews, and I'm going to be nicer about this.

It seems like you don't really like the show. It's okay. A lot of people probably didn't. I just want to ask: What is the purpose of this story? What is the point? No, really, I want to know.

Is it just to release your frustration of the show, or is it to explore some deeper meaning within the show?
Cornadopia chapter 1 . 6/5/2009
WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE WANT TO KILL WISHBONE?

*sniff*
Omnike chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
What the fuck did I just read?
Nightcrawlerlover chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Wow. But in my opinion, since the show's one of my favorites, I don't think Joe swears on the show, and nobody kills anybody. So, I suggest that you try making this a little nicer and rate it K.
disneyfan chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
ok... that was the stupidest thing i've ever read, if you're going to spend your time you might as well make it worth something
Ostercy chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Emotional.

I liked it.
Sarah Butter chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
wtf is this.

this is not only disturbing but poorly written.

and how did wishbone come back to life..?
mscreativity chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
If you're going to make fun of the show, have it make sense.

You said Wishbone died.

Yet he talked in the end?

Just...please. stop writing. It'll help you. A lot.
Blue Ice chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
Not to be rude, but, Wishbone is a kids show, theres no killing the main character or talking of killing infants. It was too rushed and Joe in the show never says bad words. It's a kids show. If a child read this they would have cried. Something tells me you were making fun of the show. It was kind of funny though, if you were poking fun. But Idk. Write another one sometime, or if you're going to make fun of a show, make fun of Sweet Sixteen, those ungratful kids make me sick. Later)
Mandy chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
I'm delighted to find that someone else has noted the dark undertones of the Wishbone series. I only recommend that next time you add more development to the plot and characters. What you have here is a potentially great start to a story that finally touches upon the true dimensions and psyche of everyone's favorite doggie detective.
someone chapter 1 . 7/13/2006
twisted and very unusual but it had a pretty good plot!