Reviews for Boulder to Birmingham
Nigihayami Haruko chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I'm sorry to say that I read this story a long long time ago and yet I've never gotten down to writing a half decent review for this. It's really hard to put into words what this story does to me. Even now as I'm typing this I feel a strong connection with Aya and the pain he endures and my eyes just well up with tears like they did the first time I encountered this work of art.

I'm not sure if it's simply the plot that gets to me because I know that your words made an impact too. Especially how you connect everything so well that his memories don't seem to pull the storyline away from it's smooth progression, but it enhances the entire scenario in my mind.

But most importantly, the part that I loved and still do is how you ended the fic. It's like a flowing river which suddenly stops. The healing process that Aya is embarking on just ends the moment I read the last sentence because it reminds you that you never really heal. It reminds you that all the balm in the world can only ease the pain but never really turn you back into what was before. And that's the part that continues to burn at me a little more than a few months after.
gonyos chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
I liked this ficlet. It gives some insight to Aya and his reasons to go to USA. *Coodles Aya*

It's a little depressing and fits his mood at the end of gl├╝hen perfectly.
Vera-Sama chapter 1 . 3/15/2005
This was beautifully written and extremely insightful. Short, but to the point and generally terrific.