Reviews for How like a winter hath my absence been
DownWithBananafish chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Beautifully written story which adds dimension to the character of Iago, rather than reinventing or distorting it.
Ahalteke chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Ahhhhhh so many emotions I just gahhhhh cannot describe how beautiful this is written and just makes me tear up. This is better than Shakespeare. I should be doing my essay on this instead of Othello.
MadeOfSquirrels chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
I actually said 'Oh nooooo' at the end, because I knew it led seamlessly into the play itself.

Very, very lovely and well written.
Kami-chan chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
So beautifully written! Finally I found some Iago/Othello and it's brilliant. 3
pendra chapter 1 . 2/8/2008
I had truly given up on ever finding a decent story on Thank you for writing this and providing a small island of sanity and characterization amidst the mad OOCs and cringeworthy grammar skills so often displayed here.

I adored your exploration of Iago's character, as well as the description of Othello's voice and touch. This is a delightful little fic.
Yuen chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Beautifully written. Wonderful characterization of Iago. Builds seamlessly into the events of the play. LOVE IT! Iago/Othello foreva~! XD
Eatsscissors chapter 1 . 12/5/2007
Ever since reading Othello for the first time (and seeing the Fishburne/Brannagh film version-there is no straight to be found in Brannagh's Iago), I have been convinced that Iago's motivations for destroying Othello arose from what was at least in part a sexual jealousy. You've done a brilliant job of outlining the beginnings of that here. Othello's easy, nearly unconscious magnetism is exhibited to great effect, as is Iago's greedy, sucking need (as he is my favorite Shakespearean villain, I say that with great affection). The last line sent the perfect chill of foreboding up my spine.
fivethingsunmixed chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
Iago! How, oh how I love my Iago. And I love the way your portray him in this. I love watching people agree with my (many) theories about how Iago totally wants Othello.

...

I'll stop that gushing, now.

Very, very well-written, and the ending is heartbreaking. You don't even need to hear anything other than the last line to sense Iago's sudden utter sense of loss.

Love. Muchos, muchos love.

Keep on rockin'.

Freya Sacksen.
mispel chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
This is really good. The descriptions are really vivid.
Alaura Fairfield chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
Ooh, I like where this is going. A lot. I've always been intrigued by "Othello" fanfiction, and this one is not only eloquent, but it offers a unique perspective on the character of Iago. More, please!
Generally Maz chapter 1 . 3/31/2005