Reviews for With Invisible Chains
TheColdFlame chapter 28 . 1/20/2011
Simply brilliance

HideSeekKeep chapter 28 . 3/31/2008
I just finished reading this entire story-in one sitting!-and I am in love. Thank you for writing this. It was a really lovely story and I enjoyed it thoroughly. Hopefully you still enjoy getting reviews even though two years have passed since you've written this!
magickingdom chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
I just finished your story and really enjoyed it! What I've read of your stories so far have been very original and fresh, with a great sense of characterization and humor. Please keep the stories coming!
Lozenge727 chapter 28 . 10/24/2007
Brill! One of the best stories i've ever read!
FallingInLoveAllOverAgain chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
OK. I was kind of confused. I wasn't certain who was speaking, who was who, and who was doing what when I read the first chapter. I had to read it a couple of times to figure it out. Like it though. ")
Nieriel Raina chapter 5 . 7/7/2007
Ok, so I was reading your reviews on top of reading this again, and I'm quite pissed with Navaer now. I do not always agree with her, but I've never seen such a self promoting review before! AND I wanted to back you up on the nicknames:

Elvish naming customs are laid out in HoME (History of Middle-earth) vol. 10: Morgoth's Ring.

Regarding nicknames:

In HoME vol 12: The Peoples of Middle-earth, (IIRC) Tolkien provided all the different names given to the sons of Feanor. Including nicknames. Maedhros, Maglor, Celegorm, Caranthir, Curufin, Amrod, and Amras are names they used in Middle-earth. Their father-names are Nelyafinwe, Kanafinwe, Turkofinwe, Morifinwe, Curufinwe, Pityafinwe, and Telufinwe. Their mother-names were Maitimo, Makalaure, Tyelkormo, Carnistir, Atarinke, Ambarto, and Umbarto. (She wanted to name both twins Ambarussa.) And yes, they did have nicknames. They were: Nelyo, Cano, Turco, Moryo, Curvo, Pityo, and Telvo.

Nicknames are pretty common throughout different cultures and time periods. To say it's disrespectful to shorten a name is wrong. BUT...I do think it shows the nicknames should still preserve part of the meaning of the name. But as long as they sound elvish, does it really matter? No! Canon nazis are really getting on my nerves these days! They come across like they know everything, yet I keep finding things like this to prove them wrong.

Oh, and yea, I'm enjoying this again very much!

LenaLove chapter 14 . 8/17/2006
The plot thickens. :)
LenaLove chapter 9 . 8/17/2006
Ok, this is really confusing, but in a good way. I suspect that is the intention. "Ashes" is a pure enigma. I have no idea who or what she is, which I guess is the idea. I am intrigued enough to read more. Your Legolas is a bit stiff, I hope he loosens up later. I want to see the gorgeous elf smile and have fun. Hm...maybe that is why he is sent to Imladris?

Ok, no more questions. Just read, right? :)
LenaLove chapter 3 . 8/17/2006
I am liking this little gem. I was directed here by NiRi, and I am really getting into it. Very well written. You write Mirkwood like you have been there. :)
sharri chapter 14 . 7/29/2006
im quite confused here. Is there goin to be romance between legolas n ashe, glorfindel n ashes or elleri n ashes. But i think that glorfindel is 2 old for ashes.
sharri chapter 12 . 7/29/2006
at the beginning i thought that it was confusing.y did he ran away from the room and y did ashes cry. It was all so confusing but now i think i'm begining to catch up.
sharri chapter 4 . 7/29/2006
i don't understand this story but still i think that its goin to be
Randomisation chapter 28 . 5/17/2006
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STORY! WOWOWOWOW! i hope u continue! it's reeli well written and a gr8 storyline!
Nieriel Raina chapter 28 . 4/1/2006
I'd really like to see a sequel to this story! I would have liked to have seen Legolas's feelings, regarding the child he lost, once he realized he was bonded to Silrinil. Great job! Keep writing! You have a gift!
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 1 . 3/15/2006
Wow, this story is instantly intriguing, but it is definately confusing as an introduction. I really like it, so I will keep on readin'!