Reviews for Musings of a Murderer
The Flesh of JRB chapter 1 . 3/28/2006
This was an interesting choice for Zealpropht. While many short fan-fics tend to examine minor, more unexplored characters within the original context, Sparda was more of an iconic image than a character in the game. We know that at some point he decided to side with humanity,but that only gives us so much of the character.

What Zealpropht has done is give the devil a human face. In the literal sense it is something that's been done before, but this was different. We are able to maintain our view of Sparda as the ultimate bad-ass, but at the same time we can see him as the older more reflecting, mature warrior. A samurai in repose if you like. He serves his master, and is honored to have the privlidge of serving him, but years of doing so have left him with void in his own sense of himself. The killing isn't doing anything for him if there is no challenge it. This void is what leaves room for such post-act emotions like regret and hind-sighty pity.

Zeal, you treat us with a great deal of well crafted description. Not just letting us picture what the dead boy looked like, but giving him a departed soul that Sparda feels for, and so do we.

You really should do more in the DMC universe. You have more than an understanding for it, but are able to mix your own original art into it.
sasha chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
i guess its oky. i likes it cause sparda is hawt
Jane chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
I have been reading DMC fanfictions for 2 years and this is the firts good Sparda-centered fict I have ever read. Really well done, both the plot and the writing.
BladeMaster16 chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Woah nice! I really like this it's ...interesting please continue maybe with Sparda and his sons and what he thinks about them or something it would be cool!