Reviews for The Dead of the Night
Aileen chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
Wonderful descriptions... poetic, even. I like the way Ichigo admits that he doesn't know her well; that's a good point. I also like his commitment to her at whichever level she needs.
rukiaprincess chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
oh thank you so much for continuing this off of "dreams of loneliness". this was good, but could've been longer. maybe ichigo could've been there when she woke up...hehe, joudan... it's very nice! i'll be looking out for new stuff!
b4k4 ch4n chapter 1 . 7/10/2005
Aww... that was so sweet... loved it!
dragonfly-affinity chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
OMG! that was so sweet! sugoi sugoi!
YetAnotherCatgirl chapter 1 . 5/2/2005
I liked the premise of this story (Ichigo makes the decision to protect Rukia forever) but I didn't like the execution as much.

Mostly because you use too many words:

"… He hated that place. He hated the people there. He hated them for the experiences that they put him through that he would have preferred going his entire life without having to endure." You could lose the entire back half of the last sentence ("that he would have preferred going his entire life without having to endure"), because it is assumed that if he hated it, he would not want to go through it. (or maybe it's just me... what do you think?)

Gramatically this one was ok. (You use some deliberate sentence fragments, but most of them work).

And to sweeten all my complaints: I do like the italic sections at the beginning and end, though. A nice touch.

I did enjoy this story, despite my complaints. I can't wait to read more of your stuff!
haras chapter 1 . 4/1/2005
great! liked it so much

it was so sweet wonderful! great!

write more
KristiexxNguyen chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
AW! HOW CUTE! love it! ur on my fav authors list!
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Oh...an excellent story. Not nearly enough stories that really look at Ichigo's thoughts on the whole Soul Society story arc as well as his relationship with Rukia. You did a really good job conveying his possessiveness and protectiveness of Rukia. The part I liked hte most was his whole vow to be whoever she wanted. Just the thought of doing that for somebody you care for...very moving. I loved it, keep up the good work.
Tragedy Catalyst chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
so much emotion .
Bibliomaniac chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
Another beautiful fic! I really like the 'Dream of Loneliness' so much too, so I understand the feelings of wanting :)

But if you wish it to remain stand-alone, so be it. Of course another fic is always in order to keep reader satisfied, ne?

Rukia, dunno what's she's been thinking the whole time, but I think what you described is pretty much what Ichigo'd think. But I think there's more to the Kuchiki family that's yet to be told.

I don't know if Rukia is that traumated by the event tho. She already knew that her brother doesn't care for her, she knew there's only few who actually care for her there, and they did try to save her to the best of their ability, and she's pretty much resigned to her fate. Then again, maybe that's why she can't accept that she should be alive ...

I wish it's not gonna turn out like this in the manga, it's just gonna be too depressing (not that I dislike your fic, but I'd happier if she's happy)
Trinity chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Wow. Really, just Wow. It's really good! I'm not sure if everyone would agree with your line of reasoning, but I'm sure a lot probably think the same thing. I just love the last lines, especially the very last one. "/Him/" is worse than "to go through Hell fifty times over," definitely!
foxmagic chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Awesomeness. Loved this fic very much . I thought it was written very beautifully, nice job!

-fox
evil-mittens chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
that was great!
Aile-M chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
"If she wanted a brother, he would be that. If she wanted a friend, he would rise to that want as well. If she wanted more than that… he would go as far as she wanted…"

Wo ! This sentence...**no word to express my emotion**

I love your fics _
tarexpanda chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Nice! I really like the way you wrote this, I think you caught Ichigo's thoughts really well.