Reviews for Acquainted with the Night
Amber Esme Hermione chapter 1 . 11/7/2011
Some fics I favorite because they make me laugh, some because they make me hurt, and some because they make me think. Yours is so much more than the scene in "Bound" provided. It keeps the hope alive, and it shows Clark that HIS doubt, and HIS decison to mistrust Lex is what's tearing them apart. That offers more hope than Lex's request "Don't give up on me yet." That's because Clark already has, and you give them another chance. Thank you for posting this.
WayLowHalo chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Awesome job on this! It seems really IC for both and I think that's kind of rare. :) So kudos!

Knightm chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I like this…it’s a lot better than the way the writers were portraying Lex, they almost made him seem weak…

I don’t think Lex wants to change but what he really wants is for Clark & everyone else for that matter is to embrace him for who he is, good or bad… to him it wouldn’t matter…as long as the acceptance in genuine.

I agree in Clark’s life he sees it in black & white, the shades of gray are hard to accept or make sense of. It’s that mixture of “book smarts” vs “street smarts” or innocence to experience that makes there relationship so intriguing…

As Lex would say, the question you need to ask yourself is who is going to win in the end… because it’s all about the game.

An excellent fic…
LastScorpion chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
This is just lovely. They're still just as likely to be doomed, almost, but it makes sense, and I don't need to hate the doggone hero of the piece. Thanks so much for writing this and putting it up!
namjai chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
Indeed, this would have been a great improvement over what we got. I couldn't bear to watch the repeat; I think it brought me to a point of no return with Clark, having a hard time imagining ever liking or respecting him again. It came down to this scene when his friend essentially admitted to feeling suicidal, and whereas any decent person might see this as a time to back off on the judgmentalism and offer some support and concern, Clark just keeps with making his friend feel even worse about himself. Good job.

Okay, thank you for letting me get that off my chest! Now, here you incorporated many of the same lines, but expanded on it in such a way that I would not have been feeling outrage at Clark's every word. And, you managed to make some sense of Lex's continuing attachment to Clark despite the way Clark has treated him of late. A formidable task, but you carried it off.