Reviews for Never Tell Me The Odds
edboy4926 chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
Good story
Please continue
SnowConsultant chapter 4 . 1/21/2013
Oh man, this story is just awesome. I love Maya's teasing and playful antics.

Wish you were still updating it because right now it's an uncompleted masterpiece. So tragic D:
Blitzstrahl chapter 4 . 12/1/2012
actually wouldn't Akagi know about a 4yr. old Shinji watching as Yui is assimilated by unit 1?
why would she think Asuka discovering a hung corpse as worse?
volosaraptor chapter 4 . 6/16/2011
great story just wondering when the next chaptor is comming out i hope its soon keep it up
Gundam Kaiser chapter 4 . 4/28/2011
Hrm... You have me intrigued, young Jedi. I await further updates in the future. May the A.T. Field be with you.
King of the Fallen chapter 4 . 8/12/2010
Not bad, I do hope you intend to update, ja ne.
SF3P0X1 chapter 4 . 5/26/2010
If you're still looking for ideas of where to take this... you could always come up with an excuse for Shinji to move in with Maya. Say that moving him in with another familiar face (and an adult, which would exclude Rei from the equation) would be a good way to keep him out of danger from Asuka exploding and injuring him without Rei around to stop her.

I know you've probably given up on this story. I'm hoping you're just taking a long vacation from it.
The Canadian Empire chapter 4 . 5/18/2010
I love this story! :D

Here's a little funny fact, did you know that Asuka is actully in LOVE with Shinji, and is mean to him because of her troubled childhood. You could use this in you story.

Keep on writing! :)
DearSfan31 chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
funniest fic EVER!
Squire of Gothos chapter 4 . 4/5/2009
This is very tastefully handled, I think. Well written, I can get lost in the story, which is good. I like how you're handling the Asuka part, where she knows she is in the wrong but still can't help her feelings. That happens more than you'd think, just because you know something's wrong, doesn't mean it's automatically easy to deal with.
Jerrac chapter 4 . 11/24/2008
Hmm... You've handled the age difference better than most. In other words, you haven't just ignored it.

My thoughts on the relationship... I can see it working long term. But only if they keep it limited to hand holding and some kissing. If they have sex before they can get married, I see it blowing up in their faces.

The reason that it would blow up, is the fact that Shinji is not mature enough to handle it. Not only is he too young, but he has been emotionally abused. Sex should be the cumulation of two peoples feelings for each other. Until Shinji has had the time needed to mature, any sex would simply be out of lust, not love. And when it was ultimately found out by the public, the backlash would leave some very nasty emotional scars. Those scars would make it hard for them to stay together. There also would be scars from the fact that they know that sex between a minor and an adult is wrong.

Well, those are my thoughts. I shared because I would like to see you work on this fic again, and show how a relationship like this could actually work. Instead of the typical minor/adult plot of "love conquers all."

Thanks for the good read, regardless of if/how you continue this story. :D
Blackmoon7875 chapter 4 . 3/20/2008
This is a really good story, I wish you would continue with it.
Blackmoon chapter 4 . 9/17/2007
I must say I've enjoyed this so far, please update soon.
Hara Kazuma chapter 4 . 8/19/2007
First I would say that I liked what I have read so far, even though I am more fond of a Rei/Shinji pairing. I did get a laugh out of Shinji's mimicry of Gendo.

I would like to see where this is going, I see some that it hasn't gone the way of most Shinji/older woman pairing I have read where others doubt the couple.

I don't find that supportiveness to be out of character, but it is something I am not used to seeing.

I am under the assumption that you will probably have a sibling-like relationship develop with Rei in this fic. I could be incorrect and there be a rivalry (spoken or unspoken) between Rei and Maya.

But all and all nice fic so far. Characters are starting to develop more and pacing is as close to perfect as I can imagine for the story you are trying to tell
GamerJay chapter 4 . 5/30/2007
Asuka's a bitch and should be put in her place! Whoops, I said that out loud. 0_0;

Nicely written Shinji/Maya fic. Please Update soon. _