Reviews for First Love
DetectiveInspectorSydney chapter 2 . 1/31
I like the bit with him practically choking on his own guilt. It's a nice allusion. I'm so glad to find someone else who ships R/C and doesn't paint the Phantom as an innocent martyr.
Hena chapter 18 . 6/23/2011
I really liked your story. It was a perfect balance of EC and RC, and best of all, none of them seemed OOC. Also, I was really sad when it seemed that Erik had died; I really love the guy(in a completely platonic way). But, it was nice to know that you didn't really kill him off-most RC fan-fictions do that. Don't get me wrong- I think that Christine and Raoul DO belong together(they share a beautiful love), but I feel REALLY bad for the Phantom- after all, he did love Christine, and all he wanted was to be loved in return. But, he DOES redeem himself in the end, and I love him for that.

I also like the fact that you made it out to be that Christine DID love Erik- but like a father. I, for one, think that it is true(I've read the book, and that is what her love seems to be). God, I'm ranting. Anyway, I loved your story- it was nice:)
LittleLotte-xox chapter 2 . 1/12/2008
I'm LOVINGG this story! RC all the way!
Gwynevere1 chapter 18 . 11/13/2006
Overall, I enjoyed this story. It was a quick, easy read.

However, I was a bit disappointed with the ending. First, it dragged out. Also, I think you villified the Phantom too much. I'm sorry Christine lost her chance to rescue them all. Finally, I didn't like how Maurice became a red-shirted Gary Stu.

It was an interesting plot bunny and was not poorly done, but I think you may want to revise this story some time in the future. It could be a more mature read.
Gwynevere1 chapter 10 . 11/13/2006
Something that keeps pulling me out of the story: you add unneeded "e"s to words. For example, you always write "mon amie." However, if a man is the "friend," it should just be "mon ami," no "e". The "e" at the end feminizes it.

Also, "fiance'": this is the correct spelling for a man, i.e. Raoul would be Christine's "fiance'". The "e" is only added for a female: so, Christine would be Raoul's "fiance'e". (Pretend the ' is an accent).

I feel like a bit of a twit pointing out these minor errors in a story I am otherwise enjoying. However, they are really distracting. Did you have a beta?
Gwynevere1 chapter 5 . 11/13/2006
Hi. I just discovered this fic through the livejournal group raoul_christine. I think you started with a good point for an AU, but I was slightly wary at first that it might be overly harsh on the Phantom. However, I think you are doing a good job balancing both ships (so far, at least-I am only at Chapter 5).

One thing bothered me, though. I think Christine does not put up enough of a fight when Erik kidnaps her. She doesn't try to escape the carriage (I mean, it doesn't have power locks!); she doesn't scream out the windows for help. She even falls asleep! I honestly think it might have worked better if the Phantom had drugged her. I realize this is an odd comment coming from someone who just stated that she feared that you would be too *harsh* on the Phantom. However, Christine's lack of resistence makes her seem a bit stupid.

Must go back to reading!
WenchElle chapter 18 . 6/21/2006
*applauds* Good show!

I'll admit, I have seen better from you in particular, but I still loved it all the same(Life After Death will be a personal favorite of mine though!)

One detail; I know you went by the movie ending and had the Opera House burned to the ground...but at the end of the story it was still there...they rebuilt it in one year, did they :D?

But still, you are my favorite Phantom writer!

Cheers,

~Elphie!
Nota Lone chapter 18 . 10/30/2005
-fawns all over you- GENIUS! I really love this story. ;_; Poor Maurice though... I hate killing off characters. :D
cheri1 chapter 18 . 8/11/2005
i loved this so much! huge R/C fan! the whole thing kept me reading from beginning to end! great job! :)
Hikaru Hayashi chapter 18 . 7/28/2005
Yay! I like it! It's good to read a fic like this where Christine ends up with Raoul and she's HAPPY. It warms my heart to see her happy with Raoul instead of all mopey and pathetic and crap. I love R/C stories. _ (I'm an R/C radical. Raoul and Christine Forever! XD)

That was so sweet that they named their son Maurice. He was so nice to them. I was sad to see him die. It was kinda sad to see Erik die too. But, the figure she saw at the end...could it be...?

I really liked this and it's going on my faves list. Thanks for the good read!

Hikaru Hayashi chapter 14 . 7/28/2005
Yes. That's what that punk Gustave deserves. Strangled by the Punjab lasso. I couldn't imagine a better end for such a scoundrel. XD It's what he deserves.

(I was sad to see my poor Vicomte all injured and stuff, but I can tell everything will turn out alright.)

Hikaru Hayashi chapter 7 . 7/28/2005
Wow! I always thought Raoul to be too much of a gentleman to punch somebody out like that. And he swore, too? Wow...that seemed awkward. (Mind you, I adore Raoul de Chagny. He's actually my favorite character! That's the reason this stood out to me.)

Anyway, enough of my nit-picking. I'd better finish reading this. _~

Hikaru Hayashi chapter 6 . 7/28/2005
Gosh...Erik is being such a punk. Mind you, I kinda like it when he's a punk, but that seemed a bit overboard. _

I like how this is going so far. I think I'll finish reading this now!
Nerwen chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Hi, I have read your story before, before you edited it. I loved it then, and I love it even more now. You are a phenominal writer. You got each character's personalities very correct and even with speech! Brava!
bexxy chapter 18 . 6/9/2005
I'm so happy to find another Christine and Raoul story. They're all about Christine and Erik! Anyway, great story! It was beautifully written.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »