Reviews for Perish Song
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 1/2/2013
Your writing style is absolutely beautiful. You use an array of sentence types which always helps to make it flow better, and those short sentences always add a bit of drama here and there. Your metaphors are also lovely, especially 'paved with stones of triumph'. I found the way Red looks back on happier times really effective too. I love the way you describe Blastoise's 'mighty' legs being almost severed, as if his migh has been reduced to almost nothing. :(
( I am broken now. I can't attack you. Yes, Quagsire, come. This is my story. ) I really like how broken-down the sentences are. It's like short, weak breaths, if you get what I mean. :) I think the bunch of questions afterwards makes him seem desperate, too.

I don't have any critique or suggestions for this piece, so sorry about that. It was amazing. Will fave and add to my community of awesomeness :3
St Elmo's Fire chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Interesting. There have been many stories written with a similar subject, and I think this one makes a lot of sense. It's nice to see an exploration of what life in the wild could be like in the Pokemon universe, as well.
JohnTitor chapter 1 . 12/7/2011
Wow, this was amazing. I really love your writing style. Your thoughts on evolution, experience, and Red in general wete great.
LilyFragrance chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
... That was... unexplanably phenomenal... O.O

This is pretty sad (not the story; I'm talking about the genre, just in case you're wondering). That last bit with the Quagsire was the saddest. I nearly burst into tears while reading this! And I was just wondering: Like another reviewer has asked, can you write a sequel or another chapter where Red gets saved? Or maybe Lyra comes and beats him in a pokemon battle, and then brings him to Pallet or something?

Anyways, this is one of the best stories I've read on FFN so far! Have a nice day
Fiction C9 chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
I love this story. It's so sad. You manage to carry off doing the whole thing in narration without making it hard to read. The voice is realistic too.
MasterShaper chapter 1 . 7/14/2010
A good story :D

Ignoring the terrain issue (I don't recall swimming in Mt Silver, LOL) it seems feasible enough.

The muteness being caused by rampaging Tyranitars is also a good touch :)

The ending bit with the Quagsire was... good. It conveyed this air of hopefulness, and explains why he vanishes after you defeat him hehehehe.

Till next time,

MS
Pelleas chapter 1 . 3/8/2010
It's genius.

i don't know how you did it, but you made me incredibly sad for Red.

YAJJ chapter 1 . 11/20/2008
Creepy
Invisible-chan chapter 1 . 9/22/2008
Oh, wow. That's really... intense. However this leads me to question a few things. Where does Red go after you beat him? Why is he having trouble leaving when it's the same way you came in? What do they eat? Really good oneshot.
Lanie Kay-Aleese chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
When I came back to this fic, and realized I hadn't left a review, I wasn't sure what to say. I... I had been overwhelmed. Unable to breathe. Completely heart broken by the whole concept of it, the sorrows of it. It is wretched and haunting as the perish song itself. Somehow, though it is crafted in such a way to be inspiring, so thank you.

The entire night ceremonies are frightening. And the realism of actual wounds and scars - incredible

"And I- I cannot walk on water."

Red may not be able to, but I'm half-certain that if anyone could, it's you!
DarkLux chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
wow, you describe things so well. I loved it...uhm, If you allow me to, I can translate this fic to spanish, of course you wold have the credit for it -.

Well allow me to know your answer, and keep up the good work
h chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
this was very good. i was wandering if you could write a sequel where red gets found and brought back to sivalization
neogirl7900 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
...poor Red. That's plain sad. :(
ChaseVoid chapter 1 . 11/28/2006
OMG! Such a touching theme. It was so painful as to see how the cycle of life goes. We travel and that's how we live. There's no alternative. It is so gloomy to see how life works. You've shown a differnt aspect of life in that world to us. Which is how it goes. There are no happy endings or sad, there is only the future.

Thanks for this beautiful piece of work to share. I'm guess it's Red we're talking about. But it doesn't matter because this is how we all live.

ChaseVoid
Overlyinspired chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
*bursts into tears* I loved it! It was so heartwrenching! I cried. I'm still crying...*sniffles* excellent job.