Reviews for Checkmate
Irish Pirate Queen chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
This was a very good and well written piece. I liked it and it was quite intriguing.
samus18 chapter 1 . 3/19/2009
Sharp. :D

I love it! Especially the part about Queen Starscream. Priceless symbolism there. ;)
JessiTsuki chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
*Giggles* Queen Starscream. Actually there are TF Chess sets..I own the movieverse one and there was also a G1 one in Japan I believe, and in both cases Starscream was the queen.

Great story.
Inkfamy chapter 1 . 8/7/2006
RE: *laughs* That was cute. And of course Thrust would win.

Great fic.
Kim Kinne chapter 1 . 7/3/2005
Nice way of looking at things.
SJ777 chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
Very interesting. Makes a good reflection of the different traits of the Decepticons. Maybe I can use this to make a Transformers chess set?
Final Genesis chapter 1 . 6/22/2005
Not something I see everyday but I like it! Even though I dislike him, he still interests me in a sort of way. Well, better be off.

This is Final Genesis, signing out!
DarthAnimus chapter 1 . 6/11/2005
An awesome fic! I loved the way you described Thrust, just pure brilliant! I can just imagine Thrust looming over a transformer-sized chessboard. I guess I have nothing else to say than: awesome! ;)
Library's Poltergeist chapter 1 . 5/24/2005
Ah, chess (sighs) I used to love that game; I hardly ever play it now... (glaces toward a stack of CDs where a chess game lies hidden) You know, I think I just might start up again. I like your insights on the Decepticons, especially Starscream! I know what you're thinking, 'Great another semicrazed Starscream fangirl.' You're probably right actually, but I think that the reason that so many people are attracted to him is because he is the most developed character. We are given the most insight into his world and connect to him better because of it. (looks at the start of her review) Anyways, keep writing!

Pivot chapter 1 . 4/21/2005
*Continues to love fic.* Thrust is dangerously fun when he's written properly. And the comparisons are excellent.

All this in mind, the Coneheads Protection Society is setting up base on a web page somewhere, and I respectfully beg permission to link to this story from the CPS 'Required Reading list'. *Plaintively* Please?

Oh, yes, and write more. Darn it, fic this good is hard to come by!

~Pivot, donning cowl and balaclava in the name of Thrustfic goodness.
Megaraptor The Scribe chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
VERY nice. Seriously, that was an astounding effort. It's nice to see someone handle Thrust in a competent manner. He's a difficult character to nail.
indigo-ink chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Oh, LOVE this. *applauds* Smart Thrust. How nice to see that he really does exist. Like the comparisons between chess and the Decepticon hierarchy, and how appropriate each one seems. Also nice how each of the 'Cons gets assessed without most of 'em even showing up.

And I like the word 'turncolour'. Dunno why, just do. And the fact that someone actually thought to look up where Sideways came from.

And the idea of Thrust having xenosociology as a hobby. Makes sense that a tactician would want to learn about another culture and its weaknesses.

And the parallels between Thrust and the bishop piece made us snigger, so they did. Nice job!

Now, who would the Autobot queen be, I wonder? ...But of course. Rad.
MariaShadow chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
I never thought Thrust could be so philosphical. Brilliant work!
Pivot chapter 1 . 3/17/2005
*Springs from nowhere and glomps the conehead*

Thrustfic! *Squeaks excitedly.* Very much liked the comparisons between chess pieces and Decepticns: Thrust considering himself as a bishop was too funny for words (and accurate).

One error I did note: a missing space between 'disabled' and 'yes'. Otherwise, 'tis beautifully written and very, uh, Thrusty. Thrust-like? Eh, is Thrust, what more can one say? :D