Reviews for Birthday Gift
guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
This story is beautiful. You have perfectly captured Kitty and Piotr's personalities and relationship, far better than anything marvel has done since giant sized Astonishing X men. I only hope that someday you will continue. Thank you.
travelfan1346 chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
I love this story! it is one of my favorites of kiotr, are there any chances you can and will finish it?
Fox-Sin chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
omg you have to update plzs
Isisthatcan chapter 1 . 11/3/2006
I absolutely loved this story! I love the way you guys write together (and seperately), it's sheer brilliance. Please update soon!
Morgaine of the Faeries chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
H'mm.

Now, normally I don't read this kind of thing-I'm a little too self-consious. In fact, I had to chase away the little reddish-brown dragonet that is my common sense while reading this. He wasn't too happy about it, but I'll feed him steak tomorrow to make up.

Anyway, I thought it was very nice-making Kitty and Piotr make sure they really loved each other before-um. Yeah.

I liked it, but my dragon is still nagging me.

Keep up the good work!

*Morgie's dragon lands on her shoulder and bites her nose* Ow.

-Morgie
Lynn Daye chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
Really great story! Keep it up!
musicgirl141 chapter 1 . 6/30/2006
Absolutely wonderful. And I loved this line very much: “You know, this morning, he had a grass stain on his sock. It made me laugh, because all I could think about was that it was the most adorable grass stain I’d ever seen. Just ‘cause it was his.”

Jean smiled knowingly. “You love him.”

adorable.

Many thanks to you.
Mae Liz chapter 1 . 4/3/2006
Who cares if a long story is long! It is worth the time and effort to enjoy! Keep it up!
blue-fuzzy chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Enjoyed reading this? I had a blast. It took me a couple of days to read it, but it was worth it. I adore such good Kiotr, I hope to see more.
crash slayer too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/25/2005
loved it. i cannot wait for mroe i absolutly love kiotr! whoo!
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 4/10/2005
Wow.

You guys have raised the bar on Piotr/Kitty fanfictions into the stratasphere. I have no hopes of reaching that point.

You guys should be writing Astonishing. (honestly... The Dangerroom is the enemy? CRAP CRAP CRAP!) You'd make it wonderfully worthwhile.

I'm enraptured with this story. One of the best fanfictions I have ever had the pleasure of reading. It flows so nicely. Every single bit is as engaging and wonderful as the last. There are no rough patches, no interculary parts that most authors put in their stories just to make the chapter longer. Every bit of this is a must-read!

And I'm sorry I haven't reviewed sooner. I've been on vacation, had many an essay, and my internet's been blown to hell. Damn viruses.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation of the next chapter (ESPECIALLY the chapter on Kitty's birthday... hee hee.)
Minnaloushe chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
Absolutely fantastically written, and so long- yes! I admittedly pumped my fist in the air when I realized at the end that it wasn't a one shot, because its length fooled me briefly- I can't wait for more. Your allusions, first of all, were amusingly placed and made my mind jump around, plus appropriate to the characters situated with- The Goonies, Buffy(of course Kitty would love that show), Angel, Revenge of the Sith and Constantine- reminds you they're still in our world. There were nice little touches, too- just providing the name of the lake, for instance, or the gold toe of the sock, and your descriptions of both Kitty and Piotr, plus your ability to get into all of the characters' heads is exceptional. And you handle the sexual element nicely, too- though god, you're making me blush. Piotr and Kitty are a pair I like immensely, though got to admit, I prefer Remy and Rogue. You handle both sets really nicely. Poor Rogue, watching them, unable to avoid being jealous... her friendship with Kitty is very nicely done- and I particularly enjoyed her comment on the bloodhound and racoon- so old school Rogue, and the ugly stepsister/Cinderella comparison. Jean and Scott are good too for that matter, and distinct from all the others- the way you uniquely cover all the pairs is great. And the humor is refreshing admidst all the romantic chaos. Remy and Piotr's pool game was my favorite bit- especially Piotr coming close to beating him w/ the Cajun's own tricks. And I like the jailbait references- reminders that those girls are underage, after all. And I like how Remy calls Kitty Katie. Kurt's jealousy thing is interesting too- goes beyond big brotherly, it doth seem... duh duh duh, trouble in paradise. Amanda's noticed, too, by the end, even if Kitty hasn't, you make that nicely apparent but not to unsubtle. The bit with the Russian was also great, though Piotr is biased of course. Kitty and Piotr, are, in some ways, such innocents- though their daydreams, y'know, obviously aren't, but their sweet sides and their mischievous sides are equally apparent. Remy being mean to poor Scott is good, as was his conversation w/ Tabby- he turned her down-yeah!- but his lines to Rogue were absolutely FANTASTIC. So in character, and really, kind of sad- and then, we get her equally great and, really, tragic, other side of the arguement- to Kitty, of course, not to him, because that'd mean admitting she has feelings for him... it's really good, is all, and it counterbalances Kitty and Peter nicely. Actually, for that matter, the completely happy line made me think of Buffy and Angel. Really, Rogue has it the worst of the X-Men, especially since here she doesn't have the Carol Danvers power to make up for it a little with flight- at least, I assume not, unless I missed something- which the Evo series covered nicely. And the difference of length and detail in Kitty's dream and in Peter's was amusing- Kitty had dialogue, he didn't- such a nicely inobvious difference between the male and female psyche... ah, no! My mind will not revert to English class! Anyway, I'm hoping for a quick update, and more, hopefully while I'm still on vacation and actually have time to sit down and read, so update soon! (but not so soon that it's rushed rather than quality, because this is damn sure quality) Um, so, that was long, my thoughts just kind of spill out, but anyways, thanks for the entertainment and good luck with the writing!
Amokitty chapter 1 . 3/20/2005
We get a happy, carefree, Kitty and Peter. Hooray! I loved all the romance (Wonderful! Wonderful!). I loved Peter & Kitty’s delightfully naughty fantasies (Encore! Encore!). And I love the fact they love each other so damn much and aren’t afraid to show it. Take THAT Joss Whedon!

The references to Buffy, Angel, and Constantine made me laugh out loud. Very clever. Illyana thinking of Kitty as a “sprite” was sweet. If her 616 counterpart only knew...!

Peter’s talk to Kitty about his childhood dreams was very moving, as was Kitty’s eloquence in her Ocean/Peter soliloquy. It says so much about the two of you as writers to come up with that. I’m also glad that Peter and Kitty have waited for one another. There is something so indescribably touching about them wanting to give their virginity to each other and make it special. It really adds to the depth of this story. By the way, you may not know, but the legal age of Adult Consent in both the states of New York and Illinois is 17. ;)

Thank goodness there are more chapters to look forward to! *does a big happy dance* Thank you Both for your hard work in making this beautiful, funny, charming story.
Kirayoshi chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Nice change of pace, Lia. You and Jeremy once again prove yourselves the Dynamic Duo of Kiotr fanfic. While the main tone is lighter than your earlier angst-fests(Jealous and Muir), there's an undercurrent of emotion that keeps this from being a literal PWP (Plot, What Plot?) fic. Nice to see Peter being responsible, but at the same time still desiring Kitty's body. Very realistic.

One question, Lia. Is the rating going to stay at PG13? Because where it is now it's almost an R. Not that I mind, but if you plan on turning up the steam, you may consider changing the rating, just to appease the site monitors.
Madripoor Rose chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Is it warm in here? Heh. Loved overprotective Kurt...and Logan. The bit with the drawing Illyana sent and Piotr reading Kitty his letter from home and teaching her to read a little cyrillic was very cute. Remy usually makes me want to hit him over the head with a shovel, but he's actually quite charming in this.