Reviews for Assassination of Shinta
spirit-mage-234 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
This was erie and very good.

The way you described Kenshin's last moments of innoncence was great. The last of the falling Sakura petals... The sun setting into darkness... The image of Shinta before 'Battouai' when he killed for the first time...

I always get kinda sad when I think about Kenshin's first kill, about what it must of done to him.

Surprised that Watsuki never mentioned it.

Very good!
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 8/30/2006
in africa, and other lands there are children as young as 8 or 9 conscripted into death squads to man armies and rebellions. some are even forced to watch or participate in the killing of their families or their villages. the rorouni kenshin story has a shinging message of hope that even growing up with such loss of innocence, one can reform oneself and stop killing, even at such a great overwelming cost. by choice or not, the outcome is still the same.

feelings and emotions that i cannot describe have played across my heart as i read this story. the mark of a truly talented author; to portray emotions that the reader can actually feel, you have succeeded in that.

Warg chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
Had to check this out :P

Hmm... Nice vivid piece.. conflicting pointers, powerful ending...

But I don’t like the portrayal of Kenshin here, for one thing, when he decided to join the revolution he’d do so with strong convictions for his cause... and they would be very strong this early on... 2 isn’t he more likely to see those 3 girls dead and gone, the first thing he’d associate with killing...

Apart from that... a little more detail was due on either the process of the kill, or the results, er the way the dead bodies looked...

Anyway.. Cya
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 3/5/2006
I read this a long time ago and it had a big impact on me. You captured something very significant in this little story. (Feeling sheepish I never sent a review until now!)
carnessfails chapter 1 . 5/7/2005
wow... it's relaly good... well kk

praise... i really liked it over all...

flame.. u made it too confusing for the dumb ppl like me.. so wait.. he DID kill the lil boy?
shauntell chapter 1 . 4/5/2005
Very good. Practically how Kenshin would react. Very nice.
Gypsy-chan chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
Whoa, that was pretty deep. I could just imagine that happening to him. Poor Shinta/kenshin. Anyhoo, another great short ficcie. BTW, I like the fanart you posted on your profile. I really do think it fits your ficcie "Out of Time" perfectly._
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Absolutely beautiful. I agree that the first assassination is Shinta. So well observed.
Iesu no Neko chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Oh my word! I loved it! I loved it! I loved the way you put that! "But it was his choice." Kya!

Man, I love Kenshin's conscience. It just won't leave him alone until he finds his answer. Too bad he doesn't find the real one in the official story, but that's what fanfiction is for if you ask me.
Night-Owl123 chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
I liked this one-shot. _
Wistful-Eyes chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
I liked this very much. The touch of killing Shinta was an interesting look at it.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Eloquent, heartbreaking, and beautifully written. Your words painted a vivid picture both of the setting and figuratively of the moment Kenshin became a hitokiri. Everything was perfect, from the cherry blossom petals Kenshin touched in the beginning to the last image of the child, Shinta, in the end. Well done.
sRoze chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
sad and stirring... what thoughts came into the young assasin's mind when he first killed another man we might never know, but i'd like to think that the thoughts were similar to your story. ) it gives him a more human perspective.. nyahaha.. hope that made sense! juz wanna say: good fic! D
Ellie chapter 1 . 3/18/2005
Hey, I'm one of those people waiting (im)patiently for more Out of Time! (Which is a really good story, hint hint.)

But, anyway, I really enjoyed reading this story! It's short and has so much pain in it, but it's also got some beautiful imagery... We never see much about Kenshin's very first days as a hitokiri, but I think you have written him in a very realistic way.
Crystal Snowflakes chapter 1 . 3/18/2005