Reviews for Failure of a Necromancer
Starlit Skyline chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Short but complex. You captured the character of young Orochimaru very well, and the point of view on life. This was an excellent read! A certain kind of deepness, yet easy to understand for the reader - brilliant!
LovelyWeather chapter 1 . 10/17/2009
So close yet so far... Wonderful, I'm utterly speechless. Short, terse, but yet complex, nothing amiss, many details and things left to discuss. There's no way to explain it. One of the best one shots I've ever read. Big fan of all of you work. _

Lots of love, Elisa of the Flames.
Bre Henson chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
Fantastic story!

Your way of describe things is really good!

Poor Orochimaru...*hugs him*
TekJounin chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Ah, young Orochimaru was so nearly a normal child at one time. Well, as much a a genius child can be. It's hard to realize he might have been, given what we've seen of his adult self. Thank you!
Aranel Lissesul chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Well done! I love this story! You should write more!
Yagari - Fox chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
This is so sad...and make so much sense...
chibibaka1 chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Beautiful. This is truely an amazing fanfic, and is probobly my favorite Naruto fanfic that I've read. I think you did an excellent job in capturing Orochimaru's character, and I love Orochimaru's thoughts on the weak living if there was someone strong to protect them. The last three lines leave a deep impact, and after reading the flashback in Ch.344 (from 2007)the connection between his parents' death and desires for immortality really fit within the context of your story.
Magnusrae chapter 1 . 2/16/2007
How excellent. This was a good view on Orochimaru before he became so twisted. Through the skill of your writing, his future obsession has a basis in reality; his pursuit of immortality is given a very human origin. I also like the denial shown. How determined he was that he was not actually grieving... even though he obviously was. The touching moment between him and Sarutobi was perfect. I wish there was more of these out there, but thankfully, yours was a fiction of quality. Well done!
HitoriEdo chapter 1 . 11/20/2006
cool! I liked it alot
GSYH chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
One would have thought they would have backed up such an important document on microfilm.
Trowa no Miko chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
I love the description of the scroll and how it lasts if you take care of it. I also like the quite, contemplativeness of Orochimaru’s narrative. It’s different than the other characters. He’s more blunt and devious-sounding. He also sounds desperate at times. Hehe… The scroll crumbled. I don’t know why you were so hesitant at writing a fic with Orochimaru’s point of view. You did a beautiful job with it! He wasn’t out of character and the tender moment with Sarutobi was adorable! Wonderful fic! Makes me almost like him.
Nikko13 chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
It is nice to see Orochimaru portrayed with some humanity for once. A depressing prequil to the madness... I shall have to be on the lookout for some more of your work! -
princessares chapter 1 . 3/23/2005
An interesting look into Orochimaru's first step towards the dark arts and thirst for immortality. Thanks for making him that bit more human. I like the approach you wrote for him to take: the seemingly rational solution (resurrection) that he chooses immediately upon realising the situation (their death), instead of simply stopping there and acknowledging how they are dead and there it would end.
miako chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
Interesting...and very much so.

You try for a deeper impact with the ending, which I more or less liked because it hinted at the futur.
Patty chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
My heart went out to poor Oro! I think you did a great pre-creepified and obsessed Orochimaru. You gave him a reason and a little more humanity than most authors would. I'm not sure if it's totally canon since we have no real basis for Oro-canon. But it works just fine here.