Reviews for The Interview
TheLawrIsNotMocked chapter 4 . 2/2/2013
I've no idea why I can type a fairly cohesive sentence,at least by my standards,only for it to be translated into a nonsensical jumble when FF posts it.

I was trying to say 'This is incredible.I feel like I'm actually in the room with Javert and Vidocq.I adore your seems so in character.I love how he's mischievous,proud,humorous,somewhat crazed, almost feral and yet incredibly charismatic,all at once. He 's magnificent.
TheLawrIsNotMocked chapter 5 . 2/1/2013
This is incredible.I feel like I'm actually in the room with Javert and Vidocq.I adore your seems so in character.I love how he's mischievous,proud,humorous,somewhat crazed, almost feral and yet incredibly charismatic,all at 's magnificent.
Amaruk Wolfheart of the Wraith chapter 5 . 3/2/2009
I love the idea of Javert being able to steal the nose off your face if you give him a good reason. _
jeevesthemighty chapter 2 . 12/1/2007
my francophone co-writer (wooster, from the other name) and i are very impressed with your interpretation of Javert as a tagname. we love linguistic jokes. and though she has no knowledge of les mis beyond having watched the animaniacs parody, we are becoming enamored with your writing. ok, i already was, but you get the point.

regards,

jeeves.
Darth Gilthoron chapter 5 . 5/11/2006
And the overdue review of the last chapter, finally. :)

I liked the "goings-on" in the house, especially the window frame collapsing, it gave atmosphere as well as a bit of humour.

And look who was pinchin' stuff from Vidocq... I really liked the bit about the papers. Wonder where he learned that? (is that Teh Gypsy Superpowerz at work again? *lol*)

And, of course, the compulsory apple for such scenes. There are moments which just require an apple. ;) And he even beats my dad in munching it up in huge bites, though the apple can't be too large since he keeps it in his trouser pocket.

(though even with a small apple, two bites don't quite just leave the apple core, or else you would somehow have to manage to tear half an apple off with your teeth for each bite but make that chunk somehow curve in on the inside so there's still a core... Teh Gypsy Powerz again? *gg*)

The ending sounds like there is some sequel to come... or does it already exist?

Oh, and congrats for your courage to actually have Javert giggle. ;-)
Darth Gilthoron chapter 4 . 5/9/2006
Blimey... *lol* Now this was an unexpected twist. Not totally maybe, at least until Javert only said he would not steal, but the rest... Unexpected indeed, especially that the watch is gone in te end. *gg*
Darth Gilthoron chapter 3 . 5/9/2006
Now that was an unpractical situation, inspectors not leaving their districts...

Oh, and look, the nasty nasty criminal record... I wonder whether you'll just stick with the hint (knowing you, that is most likely...) or elaborate. :) And he's related to that Renault guy? See, see...

"My left nut"? Heh heh. Why just the left, though? ;)

Watch stealing? I wonder what Vidocq has in mind there...

As always, the only thing that "disturbs" me is that I myself would have fit mopst of this into the same chapter, but each to his own style, of course. :)
Darth Gilthoron chapter 2 . 5/9/2006
I wish I could live in those times, I wouldn't be so undersized then... :)

The supernatural sense of smell is a bit creepy, I must say, but it actually fits.

Oh, and how he got his name... very clever indeed. That's the most original explanation I've ever heard.

And blimey, he's missing part of his head... now that's even creepier. You mean his brains are showing? Trust me, I've seen a few brains, and it doesn't look nice. :) But then again, probably not. :) How does he hide it later on, though?

The tattoo sounds better, though. *lol*

And then your lice joke comes, and it made me grin like an imbecile, it's so much Terry Pratchett in style.

And yes indeed, he'll never be able to blend into a crowd... like that pal of mine who is approximately seven feet tall (well, not exactly, but he's over two metres in our measurements to give you a general idea), he always stands out. And he can't even get in and out of tramway and underground properly. Dear me, I wonder what Vidqocq will figure out now...
Darth Gilthoron chapter 1 . 5/9/2006
Seems you're getting a good-morning review. ;-)

I like how you build up the atmosphere of that office, and how you introduce Vidocq. You describe well, and every detail seems perfectly in place. I know that feeling only too well, sitting in a stuffy room and having to do paperwork but being utterly unable to bear it any longer, and I tend to doze off sitting up. Excellently done.

At the beginning you start in mid-sentence, and it took me a moment to figure out that was because Vidocq is waking from a nap... but I haven't figured out the quotation mark at the beginning yet. :)

I like how you throw in a bit of humour too - like the disassembled door knocker and the remarkable jaw and similar. And the bit about "whatever possessed you to grow so much" had me snickering.

Right, nice build-up. Now on we go - though I'll be able to review only later on, because there's a lecture that requires my presence, sadly...
Anonymous chapter 5 . 2/2/2006
I've just finished Vidocq's "Mémoires" and now, it's a lot easier to understand this story or any other that includes Vidocq. Though a litlle question remaines: You said, it was based upon a true story. What sort of story, told by whom and where can I find the original? Just curiosity...

Apart from that, it's a great story. I like your idea with Javert coming from "j'avertis". And also your description of Vidocq. His thoughts and everything, his comments to neyrla everything Javert says, it's great.
M. Mabeuf chapter 5 . 8/7/2005
Javert gave what sounded suspiciously like a giggle.

Great imagery.
M. Mabeuf chapter 4 . 8/7/2005
I loved this chapter. Very entertaining.
M. Mabeuf chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
'I’m not angry - I’m happy, really, completely happy!'

-hides-
M. Mabeuf chapter 2 . 8/7/2005
Javert grinning like a wolf goes along well with his boyish pride. It does for me at least.
M. Mabeuf chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
I realized that I hadn't read any of your "You know nothing of Javert" series, so I've decided to start.