Reviews for Why swallows build in the eaves of houses
Bone App the Teeth chapter 20 . 5/30
I am absolutely unable to convey my happiness with this story. I nearly cried twenty times throughout your magnificent writing. It was truly a great and well written story, and though I wish I had more to say to express my happiness all I can add is that your character development in both relationships and specific people was fantastic. Your writing as well truly captured my attention and I devoured this book all in one go. Thank you for writing such a wonderful story, you've inspired me.
Hermitt chapter 20 . 5/19
I barely know where to begin in this review. It's been ten years, for starters, since you uploaded the final chapter to this story. In fact, it is one day to the ten-year-day, and that just makes this feel even more special and magical. To tell you this was a good story, a great story, really barely only scratches the surface of how much I loved reading this. I want you to brace yourself, because I am going to thoroughly gush.
I really want you to know that I'm not a person easily moved. I enjoy things to a degree more than anyone else I know, but not right into my heart. This story initially made me curious about the idea of Hook/Wendy, but I was not expecting the stunning use of language and the magic of the original story to be so intimately woven throughout the entire tale. It took me aback, at first, how masterfully you wrote this, and then the story took greater shape and blossomed like a flower before my eyes and as elegant as any rose, and took all my heart-walls down. To make it perfect, I believed the whole thing. I even grew teary right at the end, and what a bittersweet end it was. I think I forgot how much children's stories could mean to me, and it wasn't until I was reading about 19 year old Wendy Darling (myself being 20 right now and feeling a sense of familiarity with her grown-up angst) that I remembered, like she did, and found delight anew in the innocence, and its loss.
I read aloud the final two chapters quietly to myself, and was well and truly transported. I never have before given such a long review, or felt the need to, but I really will not feel content until I tell you just how beautiful and magical this story was. And to be perfectly honest and not a small bit whimsical, this is - in my heart - a sequel to Barrie's "Peter Pan". And I think any children that ever come from me will get this story read to them as well. /That/ is how much your story meant to me. I don't know; I read this mostly in one sitting (because I simply couldn't stop) and the high from the story still holds me tight, but I think - and I'm being honest here as I know how to be - this is a story I will read and read again.
So thank you, Red Handed Jill. You've brought to new life a beloved story and filled it with just as much magic and wonder and hope as the first. I really wish it didn't have to end. It's magic.
Kindest regards,
katiemarie090 chapter 7 . 3/11
Good chapter. My only critique is that Wendy would have known Father Christmas, not Santa Claus.
Shrooms chapter 20 . 3/10
This is honestly the best fanfiction I have ever read in my whole life. I cried.
Born in 20th Century chapter 20 . 12/19/2014
Thank you for sharing this beautifully unique tale! :)
Guest chapter 7 . 12/14/2014
Hook is a bastard...
Guest chapter 6 . 12/14/2014
Wow Wendy is really suicidal in this fic lol
Guest chapter 5 . 12/14/2014
I love this fic :')
Guest chapter 2 . 12/13/2014
I like the way you write! :)
anna chapter 1 . 12/13/2014
Seems nice :)
afterthebattle chapter 20 . 8/10/2014
This was fantastic. And quite sexy, I might add.
liljennmartin chapter 20 . 7/18/2014
Beautifully written!
Guest chapter 20 . 6/28/2014
Congratulations! That was an awesome story! Well written, the plot wonderful and the portraits of Hook and Wendy as well as their emotions were described amazingly! Thank you for sharing with us this great story!
j'aime.volonte chapter 20 . 5/29/2014
I never realized how much I would like the Wendy and Hook pairing until I stumbled upon this story. Thank you! It really was a pleasure to read!
Awsaya chapter 20 . 1/5/2014
I do not know if you still read new reviews, but I have to let you know just how much I love this story. You must already know how beautifully you write, and it is your writing that made me experience both sadness and joy for Wendy and her Captain Hook, until you finally reduced me to tears in the final chapter . . . but they were tears of mirth.

As a child I unfortunately had little regard for Barrie’s lovely tale outside of the adventure aspects; now that I am older, however, it and its complex themes have become so immensely dear to me. I think that perhaps it is because I am old enough to appreciate the sentiment that makes this story as timeless as you said, the precious marvel that is childhood.

I appreciate the manner in which you seamlessly fitted this journey of unlikely love alongside the original story and, most notably, its ending. Such a lovely tribute.

“That to grow up and live, to truly live, is the biggest adventure of all.”
This line, Hook’s line, definitely resonates with me the most. Honestly, I cannot express how much that means to me, as I’m currently at a point in my life where I have to make many “grown-up” decisions. I never wanted to grow up either, and so reading your story was, not only a nostalgic reflection on a story already so near to my heart, but also a balm to my soul. I do not have the words to yield adequate praise.

Thank you so very much! I will always remember your words.