Reviews for Genesis of an Adventure
Alforce Zero chapter 48 . 10/20/2014
Hey. It's me again and I have finished the story again for the second time. Since I can't review while logged in as I have already reviewed this 6 years ago, so I had to log out.

The ending is indeed bittersweet and indeed the best way to end the story although I do feel sorry for the digimon partners to get the shorter end of the stick, as their human partners move on without the memory. It's sad too, but at least they are spared of the depression.

Out of all the three Arcs in this story (Lord Baronmon, Matadormon and Metatromon) I have enjoyed Matadormon's arc the most but I love how Arkadimon has been there throughout the whole three arcs. I enjoyed him as the super villain and also loving Kyuubimon's sneakiness which is not surprising considering who he turns out to be. Sukamon and Kyuubimon are both interestingly portrayed and we do get a feel of who they turn out to be.

The characters are well done. Taku the bad boy, Ren the girl, Jiro the innocent boy, Kisho the leader, Haru the logic one. Digimon-wise, strong Renamon and wisecracking DemiDevimon steal the spot as being the most fleshed out but Guilmon, Agumon and DORUmon all have their moments.

Taku definitely is the main man, having his story told from many angles, from his existence, family, turning to the dark side, returning to light, traumatically losing DemiDevimon, and progressing to be a bad-ass unwavering good guy despite being misunderstood, to a hero who sacrificed himself for the greater good. :)

It's been an enjoyable ride indeed re-reading this story again.
Alforce Zero chapter 18 . 10/15/2014
Something about the seamless flow, the characters' interactions, the battle descriptions and the great detail in this chapter makes me like it a lot! It's one of your better chapters thus far if not the best. Honestly I love it.
Alforce Zero chapter 17 . 10/15/2014
I've read up to this part now, taking my time, enjoying the story as it unfolds. I honestly don't remember much after this point of the story so it will be a surprise to me all over again!
Alforce Zero chapter 13 . 10/9/2014
Hey there. Not sure if you are still in , as I myself was not around the site for about 6 years before deciding to come back and pick up some of the stuffs I have read those years back. I have to say I really have found a new appreciation of this story and I just love Sorcerymon's quotes and somehow I can relate more to the characters now than I did before. I'll be reading this till the end again as a way to inspire myself to write my own story. Cheers. :)
Rangertamer chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
This story looks like something out of the box...I will read it carefully.
Alforce Zero chapter 48 . 5/3/2007
Wow...it's completed already?

I love the ending - it's bittersweet, and I'm sort of glad that you didn't kill off Taku completely. I mean, I'm the one who love a sad ending but couldn't bear to write one myself, so I always look for stories with sad endings ;( How weird is that?

Anyway, congratulations for another completed story! It's been a good read.

p/s: Ironically, you end at 48 chapters...Digimon Savers ends at 48 episodes. What is it with number 48 anyway?
Bluesv20 chapter 47 . 3/21/2007
Hey...that's amazing...I kind of knew about their digimon DNA-digivoving...but blast evolution?...that was out there...and I wonder what "eggs" hatched...oh well we'll find out next chapter...can't wait.
Bluesv20 chapter 46 . 3/7/2007
Amazing...can't wait to see the final synchronization of their powers...and how they defeat Arkadimon Super-Ultimate. Great Chapter, can't wait for the next.
Alforce Zero chapter 45 . 2/8/2007
It's indeed a warzone in the Digital World right now. So Metatromon is also Arkadimon's puppet - it's a shocking revelation . When I first came upon Metatromon I merely thought that she's a battle-hardened warrior, and maybe she really is, but I've never suspected she being a puppet, until somehow just a few lines before she's revealed to be Arkadimon...I thought 'could she be possessed?' :D

It will be interesting to see how the Hybrids will contribute to the story now. I liked the idea of the Hybrids in the story, theirs a tragic story, I think.

Until later, bye...
Bluesv20 chapter 45 . 2/4/2007
Wow...that was oddly unexpected...can't wait to see how the Chosen will get out of this one.
Inkbug chapter 43 . 11/14/2006
First off I'd like to apologize for not reviwing the previous chapter. I've been carried away with my own writing and haven't been writing reviews like I should be.

I still don't trust Metatromon, something about her.

This chapter rather reminded me of a much darker version of the episode... (I think I got the right one) The Last Temptation of the DigiDestined. But much darker, very well done.

I wonder if the beast was correct with his prediction... guess we'll have to wait and see! Thanks for the update!
Bluesv20 chapter 43 . 11/13/2006
Hey nice to see the update. The chapter was increasingly interesting and like you I enjoy Belphemon can't wait to see the final creature in the seventh destiny stone so it was a great chapter..but...MetalGarurumon...the new creature of Light and Darkness...well it makes kind of sense...can't wait for the next chapter.
Bluesv20 chapter 42 . 9/19/2006
Very nice, an interesting way to see Spirit evolution gone wrong.
Alforce Zero chapter 42 . 9/19/2006
In my opinion this is one of the darkest chapters in Genesis. I was questioning the intentions of the Order and Metatromon halfway in the story, but as it progresses it dawned to me that they are doing it for the greater good. The addition of the hybrid Digimon and the story behind their appearances are definitely a very good innovative move on your part.

Excellent chapter.
Inkbug chapter 41 . 8/28/2006
Wow. This is one of the best retellings of the first Digi-destined. You're characterizations are great, though at first I was worried Ren would be too much like Mimi, you have her portrayed as a fully original character. Which is very nice. You're writing style is great. I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter! You've got yourself a new fan! :D