Reviews for Anniversaries
fanofthisfiction chapter 1 . 3/16
This was a great capture of the anguish and devastation the course of events has upon young Sasuke. It would be interesting to see what becomes of the light after what is learned of Itachi and how light ultimately comes from the shadows to help guide him to overcome the past.
Ketsui Meraki chapter 1 . 11/19/2015
Loved this story.
sgirl45 chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
WOW
that was awesome
niffaith chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
I think that this is the part that most people don't get about Sasuke. Even after the big reveal he still lost his family, his clan and everything he knew when he was eight at the hands of the person he admired/loved the most. You're just bound to have issues after something like that. Thank you for the read, you captured the emotions beautifully.
JellyBeanBo chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
The impact this makes has not lessened over the years, how many times I read it. It is soulful; I think there is no other word apt to describe what this has made me feel. Kudos for the incredible writing!
floating on clouds above chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
I love how you wrote this!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Candles lit in all houses in the Uchiha District. Must be a pretty sight. Shame there is no one else to share the beautiful night with. Good job! It's.. refreshing.
LonelyDreamer7 chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
This was remarkably well written. The ending was fantastic and it brought me a bitter sadness. Sasuke, although being stupid at the moment in the anime/manga, is a poor kid who is blinded by his hatred and has taken stupid actions.

You captured the lonely sadness behind the scenes of what he must feel. Good job.
Andelevion chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
WHAM parting shot to the bone. I liked the writing lots, but it's the end that stuck me. (Like an arrow to the heart.)
Calasse chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
With this, I've only now realized how painful it is—Sasuke's loss, that is. I've read this before, in my older account, and I couldn't be any more grateful and happier that I came across this, once again.

Thank you. So, so much.
Rebel S2 chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
wow, this was really nice. I like the candle idea, and I really really like the last part with the two candles ) Keep writing
naash chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
damn that was brilliant.

so angsty and the last scene. that just blew me away
Nemrut chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Beautifully written and I loved how you hit Sasuke's character just right. Great story.
chanez chapter 1 . 2/3/2011
I have no idea how to tell you just how much I enjoyed that... I'm anyways head over heels for Sasuke (yes, i'm weird that way) and this fic just proved why. I really didn't give much thought to Sasuke's life after the massacre and what he actually did on that one day every year but you've provided a realistic and beautifully crafted scenario.

I thought your writing was lovely; no mistakes, fluid, lucid and meaningful. There were no superfluous elements in the writing; every sentence had it's own place and significance. The repetition at the beginning of each part was highly effective because it emphasized just how much time had passed and how he had to remember that one day again. Some of the lines I absolutely loved! One was the 'The doors have no strength to lend him.' It was lovely how he tried to stay strong and draw strength from things around him but even they couldn't offer him that...

Another was the candles crying part about 'his tears mirroring the dripping wax.' That was beautiful and so was the line about him 'trying to chase down memories.' But the line that really moved me was this one: 'To Sasuke, the two hundred and fourteen candles are like souls waiting patiently, silently, for him to keep his promises.' The whole angsty atmosphere was wonderfully accentuated by this line and it gave the whole thing a slightly haunted feeling... Lastly, I loved those ending lines. A completely appropriate end to an awesome fic.

Awesome job! I hope you keep on writing about Sasuke and throwing light on moments like these... D
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 9/1/2010
Aww mannn-I hate the whiny little brat, but you wrote him as... awwww... [Yea, I've been reduced to incoherency. Lames.]

Beautifully heartwrenching. The ending? Killer. Great read.