Reviews for Of Bathing and Birthday Suits
Luis chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
One of your older stories, I see, but it still has the same charm as the more recent ones. Dick's voice here was great for the tone of the tale and again you gave us a wonderufl scene with him and Barbara. At least he had a good way to end such a rotten birthday!
latham chapter 1 . 3/10/2010
hilarious! poor dick cursed with a rotten birthday... until the end, amazing!
Sunflare2k5 chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
Aww... from the worst to the best, in one day. :)
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Ah, when a crappy birthday turns out good. Y'know, I suppose I should feel sorry for Dick getting soaked, getting Chinese food spilled on him, and all the other stuff. However, he got to make out with a hot redhead and my sympathy can only go so far.

There were some great, single lines in this story. Dick calling Bruce on wanting to see him made me smile and Barbara's interest in seeing Dick's "birthday suit" made me chuckle.

Good work. Stuff like this makes me wish I could actually write some one-shots. I just don't have the patience to compress myself. Thankfully, you do!
Amazon Chica chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
"Happy Birthday… The phrase just doesn’t seem to do it justice." Very funny but poor Dick, though. I hate having birthdays when everything goes wrong.

I like your style, very fun and it really keeps you reading. Thanx for sharing!
blowstoyourmind chapter 1 . 6/4/2005
ok, that was good. could have been better though. but anyways i liked it.
Susan Hillwig chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
Good story, bad for Dick. I liked all the personal touches and descriptions - makes him seem that much more real. You know it's funny: my husband's birthday is March 20, and we just gave him his first surprise party a few weeks ago. HIS day beforehand was nothing like this, thankfully!
6StringSamurai13 chapter 1 . 3/24/2005
Aw...Poor Dick. Good job on the story. I liked all the imagery...I was starting to get depressed myself when I kept reading all the crap he had to deal with, and couldn't help but remember days when I felt like I should have crawled under a rock to sleep the rest of the day off. Anyway...good work on writing and capturing Dick's personality. Nice ending too...I suppose for every crooked turn of the karmic wheel there is a good one :-D. Keep up the good work!
HeyBats chapter 1 . 3/22/2005
I could relate to this very well (hang in there 'Wing).

Nice job
TorontoBatFan chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Good evening, citizen.

Great little story. You really made the reader feel for Dick. Not so much because it was his birthday, but just because of the truly lousy day he seemed to be having. The kicker was, his uber-lousy day wasn't caused by any Nightwing activities: no Rogue attacks, no conflicts with his double life, etc. It was just a lousy day where a whole series of mundane disasters befell him.

One thing I'm curious about though. Barbara's apartment IS at the Clocktower, isn't it? You seemed to indicate that her apartment had a different security set-up than the Clocktower. Does she just have her apartment in a different location within the same building?

I also liked how Bruce was trying to keep his game face on when the party was starting.

As I said, I really did enjoy the chapter. But...What about Chapter 15 of OaO? :-D
KoG chapter 1 . 3/21/2005
Love this. It's hard for a writer to pull off one of the greatest detectives in the world getting a surprise party, but you did very well. I also like the normalcy of this - no monsters eating the sun or anything. Nice touch.