Reviews for The Apprentice
Harry2 chapter 10 . 5/10/2006
I'm glad that Amanda is not only teaching her how to use her ablities, but also, being a friend and comforter to her when she needs it. I think that Fann will be a VERY unusual Slayer.
Harry2 chapter 9 . 5/10/2006
A very interesting interlude. And I think that it adds a lot of depth to the different charachters as well. I think that when Fann finally leaves, she is going to be much better prepared for the fight against the darkness.
Allen Pitt chapter 8 . 7/1/2005
Looks like Adam has some suspicions... She should learn very quickly - from stuff Joss mentions in "Fray" -all slayers are psychically linked (unconsciously) so with minimal training they 'remember' more than learn all sorts of fighting techniques -that's why Buffy became such a great martial artist early on with what was really very little in the way of training...

She should also on occasion get 'nightmares' that warn of future dangers... and I still think the council might locate her at some point-of course once you get to S7 the council isn't a factor. THEN after "Chosen" you might get the new council trying to recruit her, thinking she's one of the 'new' potentials-turned-slayers...

Hm... I suppose harbingers might come after her during season 7, thinking she's a potential...
Harry2 chapter 8 . 7/1/2005
Oh man! The look on the faces of those two would have been PRICELESS! To be able to slip in and get that material, without either Duncan or Methos knowing about it would have been worth the price of admitance! I am DEFINETLY going to be waiting for the next chapter.
Harry2 chapter 7 . 6/30/2005
Well, this explains why the Council has never been able to find Fann. With that much Sidhe blood in her, she would be shielded. Now, on to Seacover, and Mac!
Harry2 chapter 6 . 6/30/2005
:-) I'm looking forward to Mac and Amanda meeting up again. And Cassie: Well, she has always been an interesting charachter in the Highlander mythos. Just be careful that Fann doesn't meet up with Methos! THAT could spell trouble!
Harry2 chapter 5 . 6/28/2005
Well, Fann just learned about Immortals. And she has learned the rules. Now, lets see if she can deal with being Amanda's apprentice! * Mimics Donald Trump: "You're fired!"*
Crossover Addict chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
PLEASE update soon! I really want to know what happens next. I really like it so far, good job!
Village-Mystic chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
Howdy. Some fan-fic authors don't like to hear this, but I do like your writing, please keep this in mind. Okay, this is what they usually don't like to hear, "this is the sort of fan fiction story I usually do not read, but I'm reading it anyway."

Why? Because you have enough original elements in your point of view character, pacing, chraacter development and plot that it could be original fiction.

I do understand that it is easier to use the mythology of a television show, but honestly it doesn't look like you really need it to tell a good story.

Continuing with what authors usually don't like to hear about their fan-fiction, if they are writing a story with a new POV character as you are - what I read fan fic stories for - *ordinarily* is the continuing adventures of characters that I already know and like (or love).

While I like how you are handling Amanda in this story, if your writing weren't as good as it is, I would not have gotten this far into reading this story.

It sounds like you are exploring history and mythology in your course of life and studies, and I encourage you to create some of your own mythos - variation on a theme or even pastiche/comination.

I may read on in this series/story - but not sure.

Hope you found this comment suportive and constructive, rather than a flame - as it is not intended as a flame.
Allen Pitt chapter 5 . 6/27/2005
So I guess that, while the Watchers can 'find' a newly Chosen slayer, they first have to know to look for one...and didn't know that Buffy had died? They clearly have a method for locating, otherwise they'd never have found Buffy...so it must be that they just weren't looking...at least not then. And of course, she was one more potential they never located.. tsk, tsk
Harry2 chapter 4 . 6/27/2005
So Fann is not Immortal. But she does possess some skills that Amanda likes. Lets see what she picks up from Amanda.
Harry2 chapter 3 . 6/27/2005
Sounds like Fann may have just found herself a teacher! And that is something she badly needs, if she is going to survive both The Game and the Hellmouth!
Harry2 chapter 2 . 6/27/2005
Well, I see both the elements of Buffy and elements of Highlander as you promised. Now, to get Fann a teacher before she heads for Sunnydale. And, if you want to read a good site with Buffy/Highlander material, try the Wandererverse.
Harry2 chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
Not a bad start, but I want to read more before I pass final judgement on this story.