Reviews for Moments Like This
FlaFan chapter 1 . 8/18
Nice bridge between scenes!
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
It always bothered me they didn't show Johnny's rescue after the explosion which was pretty big. You did an excellent job filling in the blanks in a believable way. Loved Carol pulling Roy out of his guilt trip before it had a chance to settle in, Chet's concern and yes, the pain and reaction of the crew to said pain. Well done! Var
CindyT63 chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
Another missed opportunity that SHOULD have been in the show! Good job - thanks!
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Nicely done! I enjoyed this muchly.
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This is such a great filler for the storyline! You did a fantastic job with Carol channeling Dixie. Poor Johnny, and the guys reactions to Johnny's injuries and pain, were dead on.
Neemps chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Excellent missing scenes. Sounded just like the show. Very good!
ShadowWriter33 chapter 1 . 3/3/2011
Hey, thanks so much for writing a missing scene for surprise. They had the chance to make such an amazing episode but then totally skipped the one scene that would have made it the best! So I'm glad you wrote something to fill in the gaps. Thanks and good job.

Kelmin chapter 1 . 1/7/2011
Awesome gapfiller. That was REALLY a missing scene that cried out to be written, so thanks for doing it. And, you did it really well - well written, perfect characterizations: a complete package!

I particularly appreciated that you weren't afraid to deal with pain. There are plenty of fanfics for E! where poor Johnny gets beat up but bad (why do we do this to the characters we love best?), but few actually show how people behave when things REALLY hurt. You not only showed that well, but showed how the other characters dealt with Johnny's agony. You used language that was simple but evocative. The show of course has terribly bad portrayals of how badly injured people look, sound, and act. Though, I suppose in the 70's they couldn't get away with the stuff we see now on House or Trauma.

Anyhow: a great read! Thanks for sharing!
NickTonyK chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
I'm glad you filled in the blanks for that episode! The explosions in that apartment building made it impossible for anyone to survive unless they were buried under the stairs like you wrote! Good job! I hope you haven't stopped writing "E" stories, especially Johnny ones!
Fflur Cadwgawn chapter 1 . 1/29/2006
I've seen "Surprise"-finally!-and was pretty pissed (pardon the language) at the fact that they completely skipped the part where they have to rescue Johnny. Probably figured it would make the episode too long, so they fast-forwarded it to him being in traction. Unfortunately for us E! fans, it's one heck of a cliffie, wondering how in the world Roy and Co. managed to get Johnny out. Great job with the missing scene; can't wait for more from you! You're a talented writer with few flaws in your stories...which, incidentally, make the stories flow smoothly and comfortably. (I really hate it when stories have thousands of grammatical mistakes because that makes them incredibly choppy and difficult to read...don't mind me. I'm rambling *again*...) Again, bravo on a story well-written and a job well-done.
chetspet chapter 1 . 3/31/2005
great story and you showed how Chet really cares about Johnny as usual.