Reviews for Numb
lego50 chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I think yes they train like this but even batman wouldn't give so much pain to robin but hey I liked it (a little odd I'm reading this before sleeping):)
GreenavyblueRaven chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
This is a great story!Welcome to Teen Titians Fans Go! Cafe
DivineRedFire chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
*sighs* I can never really find many well-written Robin fics that deal with Batman.

At least I found this one today, or else I might've given up hope!

This was mighty good, Dusty! Very well-written! You really know how to make people understand Robin's inner turmoil, nice job.

And no, we all know that Batman's kind of a dick-HA! *sniggers* Aw, I feel bad for Robin and his given name... But he can't help it if he was created during an era where the word had an entirely different meaning...

It used to mean detective!

And now it means Manbits!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

But like it's namesake, Robin's just gonna get back up-to his astonishment apparently-and never quit- oh my god, there was more sexual innuendo there than I realized there would be...holy crap...

Uh, well, yes...it was a very good fic...

I knew I shouldn't have been listening to Rock Me Sexy Jesus while writing a review... Grr.

Eh, too late now.

To reiterate; good job and keep on writing!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Pyromaniac

Fire
Princess613 chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
Friend or foe? No. Family? Yes. And yes it does irk him.
dragonprincess1988 chapter 1 . 9/29/2007
I liked the obvious contrast between Bruce and Batman I also liked the internal questions Robin is faced with
asuka02redeva chapter 1 . 1/12/2007
That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger. I understand why Batman did what he did.
psycicflower chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Having read Broken this goes really well with it. You really know that there is a difference between Bruce and Dick and Batman and Robin and you show 'Batman mode', so to speak, really well.

The Fifth Champion chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Yes! I absolutely adored this. Really, I've been weeding through a lot of Teen Titans angst, trying desperately to find something *good*, and this was simply excellent. Thank you so much!

Heh, unfortunately, I don't know that much about Batman. I love Teen Titans-but never really watched anything much about Batman. All I really know is that Robin was his sidekick before the Titans. Anyway, so that made this extra interesting.

I like the abrupt beginning. The statement immediately lets you know that someone must be fighting-or something similar to that-and draws you in. "He dragged a hand across his mouth, wiping the blood from his lip and chancing a glance at his mentor." I just like this sentence. Found it very creative how you made Robin "drag" his hand across his lip.

Oh! I also like how you explained Batman as rather blank and emotionless. The fact that he's so immune to Robin's pain as they fight adds more drama and impact to the situation.

I love how Robin seems to almost doubt himself in the middle of this, after Batman barks that he "chose this life." You can tell he's confused and pained, above all, confused. "Was this what he wanted?" He's seems almost desperate.

"The words drilled into his skull, falling into the rhythm of the pounding in his head." This is a great sentence. The word "drilled" really brings off the impact of how painfully Robin received the words, and I love how they "fall into the rhythm of the pounding in his head." It's seems poetic and very well-written.

The fact that he wanted something so desperately he couldn't breathe is very dramatic. It's an excellent way to describe his anguish.

The flashback was so sweet! You're words were filled with so much love and comfort that I could feel the lovingness swell within my heart. Robin's actual father clashes intensely with his mentor, Batman.

The way you explain Robin's exhaustion and shame is so real it makes me able to experience it as well. This piece wells forth so much emotion. You can understand why Robin is so hard on himself, after training like this so often.

"There was no love in that touch, no kindness, no compassion. It just was."-Especially after the flashback, these lines were perfect. It was extremely dramatic, and stabbed you hard when you read it. "It just was" sounds almost haunting.

I love how you describe Robin's anger, so real I could almsot feel it-"His fists clenched as a new emotion raged through him: anger. He was angry with himself, so angry that he thought he would burst into flames, burn away into ashes."

The way you end it is perfect to. It shows us how Robin's life seemed to revolve around his training, and how harsh he had it.

Also, you're explanation at the end made sense. From what little I know of Batman, I know he's so stern and serious, and it makes sense that he thought pushing Robin was simply helping him. I do believe he was harsh on Robin *because* he cared, even if it was the wrong way to go about it.

Thanks so much for this brilliant fic. It was well-written, emotional, and I was truly overjoyed to read it. One of the first good Teen Titans fanfics I've read! Keep writing.
DecadentPlaything chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Please update ;pouts; please

Ur writing rocks.. keep it up
Mystyre chapter 1 . 7/21/2005
I wanted to read this again, and I went to see Batman Begins (which BLOODY ROCKED) and heard that quote. I think it's "what was the point of all those push-ups if you can't even lift a bloody log?" Anyhoo, hope that's correct! And I like this more the second time I read it!
janedoe091170 chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
Intense. But rightly so...Batman, not Bruce Wayne, but Batman- in costume- trained Robin so brutally, I swear it's the reason he's so obsessive and semi-insane sometimes on the show. You have it right, so don't worry on that, this was an excellent story.
FuckMePumps chapter 1 . 5/13/2005
LIKED THIS! I LOVED IT! god, you're good. thanks btw for calling me friend in one of your reviews, i feel so loved... hehe... im freaky... anyway, thanks for explaining batman's evilness... i nearly hated him... and to answetr your question, i didnt remove my stories, the staff did. heaven knows why, the only thing they said was 'not property of uploading writer' and i dont get it. im still mouring the loss of my lovely reviews... im thinking of reposting. they cant stop me, cant they? besides, the star and the firefly isnt even done yet! i have plans for that fic! still, you probably still do not care.

btw, i've read up to p.105 of the opal deception before i was hauled away and i cant read it till june! i dont have the time or space to say the whole story, but please do email me! wana hear from you!

isadomg_10291
oldest of the neases and nefuse chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
hi!this is the oldest of the neases and I realy liked it. it sonded like rob was having a hard it was so cute when it was dick and his dad,..."dad! look, I can do it now,I figured it out all by myself!".so good job!
Bells of Tomorrow chapter 1 . 3/29/2005
I liked this a lot. I felt myself getting a little emotional reading the song with the story. It went extremely well, and reminded me of a lot of things. I really liked the flash back of Robin, aka Dick, with his father. That was really cute, but sad in it's own way as well. Your author's note at the end made a lot of sense. Batman cares, he's just not always the best at showing it. _ Well, I'm off for now. Bye till next time!
Anon chapter 1 . 3/25/2005
Very well written - tight, not too excessive. Kept straight with Robin's point of view.

Your point about Bruce is different than Batman is curiously interesting. Is Robin different than Dick? And, in Teen Titans, Robin has managed to pick up some of the Batman characteristics (he ends up pushing himself to great lengths) - where does Robin begin and the Batman characteristics end? The training period probably started it all for Robin. Nice job.