Reviews for Birthday Blues
phoegon chapter 8 . 2/16/2009
I loved this story!

Love the build up to when mina eventually met quincy :)

Overall i thought it was great!

keep writing :D
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 8 . 7/31/2008
I truly adore this fic, especially the ending with the reunion of Mina and her son. A touching scene that was not overly trite or dramatic, but nicely and neatly handled. In addition, I appreciated how you handled the League situation by having Quincey know some information, but not everything.

Most of all, I like the ending with Mina's thoughts, and it's true that she gained two families of men who love her, platonic and sexual terms, plus being a mother.

Great fic overall. I hope to see you writing again. And happy late birthday and congratulations on your driving test.
Kairi's-twin chapter 8 . 7/29/2008
Aw! this chapter is awesome you finisher it so well. I am sad that it is over. Quincey is so sweet I love him. Congragulations on a job well done.

redjegger chapter 7 . 6/8/2008
yay i love it when you update. it just makes my day! top of the notch chapter btw. your one line about Van Helsing makes me intrigued. will we by any chance see him in this story?
LadyBootstrap chapter 7 . 6/5/2008
First off I'd like to congratulate you for keeping Utterson alive, even if it was only a brief mention. I have a fondness for the character and a lot of fics ignore his relationship with Jekyll or just kill him off... Second of all- you included Dr Seward! He's yet another bit-character that I really love and I'm just squeeing at somebody putting both in one story.

Unfortunately I have quite an allergy to fluff, which put me off reading this fic for quite a while. But actually I'm not dying from a cuteness-overload. Yes, it's light-hearted, but not every fic has to be full of angst. You seem well aware of what type of fic you're writing and aren't apologetic, handling everything the right tone... Also you amke it Victorian which most people can't do.

So basically, I like it. Everything flows well and nobody seems OOC which is usually a major complaint. The only thing I would say- which most people do- is that Hyde is mostly absent, though I suppose his sly comments wouldn't really fit and I just want more Hyde in every fic anyway.. ;-)

Bringing this monster of a review to close, I'd like to thank you for an interesting and refreshing read (No sue in sight) and I hope to see an update soon.
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 7 . 6/5/2008
I'm happy to see John Steward get a little love from a writer. In fanfiction, all the attention is on Van Helsing, Mina, Lucy, and Dracula. But Steward played a key part as well. Thank you for that hommage to him. And I do believe, of all the people, he would definitely be the one Mina would entrust Quincey to. I also appreciate how you manage to reason his trust to the League members. As a fan of them, I of course can say I love them, but, if I had been in that time knowing of their stories, I would have hated them. But you keep to characterization. A little lenient, but it fits.

Great job. And I'm so excited to see Quincey and Mina unite. I also am tickled by your characterization of Quincey. He's a character to have more freedom with. I picture him as a more somber, quiet boy, but you have him cheerful and endearing, and I can respect that. Totally awesome.
Kairi's-twin chapter 7 . 6/4/2008
Hah! Skinner can deny it all he wants but he is so going soft! *smirks* skinner is so great. I loved the bit between Jekyll and Quincey the was so cute. I wonder if Quincey figured out the Vampire thing on his own or did he happen to over hear something he shouldn't have? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 6 . 5/31/2008
I enjoy your story because it's unique from the other fics. Where everybody else wants to have a lot of black humor or heavy romance, you just have a sweet little fluff, and we need a little fluff in this world. And showing how much the men of the League care for Mina is a nice way. I sure would appreciate having these men around me; not only are they attractive, they are very protective and cool.

I like your humor since it's subtle. It's not forced or overblown. Like in the beginning. I like how Skinner and Nemo were interacting, because I could imagine that taking place. You keep to characterization while having them humorous. So, great job.
Kairi's-twin chapter 6 . 5/30/2008
This chapter was good. I can't believe that Skinner would miss a spot with his make up! I can't wait to see how this visit goes. I can't say I blame Mina for being impatient but what a surprise she will have when Skinner and Jekyll show up with Quincey! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 5 . 5/6/2008
I'm glad to see you still alive. You've been maturing in your writing. I enjoy this fic because it's new, interesting, and sweet. It gives Quincey some screen time, and shows that Mina isn't an ice-queen; she's still quite mortal and a loving mother.

So, with that said, you do an excellent job with characterization. I would advise you to be a little wary with style, but not so much. Compared to a lot of people, you use the Victorian language well, and that makes me happy. So, keep going, my dear
Kairi's-twin chapter 5 . 5/5/2008
I don't mind the explanation chapters so much because without them the rest of the story wouldn't make much sense *smiles*. Besides no chapter is ever boring with Skinner in it. I can't wait to see what happens when they get to london. mina wants to sneak off and Jekyll and Skinner are going to find Quincey... what if mina turns up to see Quincey and he's not there! I can't wait for the next chapter. PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON!

phenomina chapter 4 . 9/16/2007
Soo happy you finally continued this story and please write more! ill be waiting!
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 4 . 8/21/2007
This is really sweet- having the guys set up a meeting for Mina and Quincy. I love how you haul Utterson's name into this- I've never seen him mentioned in an LXG fic.
Kairi's-twin chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
That was a great chapter! Skinner is luck that Mina didn't catch his ass or he would be worse than dead. The fact that Mina's plan conlicts with the rest of the leagues. I wonder what is going to happen when they actually get to London... how are they going to keep Mina on the boat?. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE SOON! I really really need to know what happens!

~Kairi's Twin~
Skunk and Hedgehog chapter 4 . 8/17/2007
Wow...This is extremely adorable. It's cute how much the men care about her to set up something like this. and, although it's short, it's charming. I won't be a Nazi about the grammar and Victorian phrases. I hope you write more soon.