Reviews for A Dying Dream
Hannah chapter 19 . 12/19/2012
Ahhhh, so much story and now there's no more and all this cliffhanger happening. And it hasn't been updated since 2008. Damnit. This story was lovely. :) Please finish it, or at least put a blurb, like, "oh, turns out Buffy's been dead and an angel gave Spike a figment of her for his reward." IDK. IDK!
cavemenftw chapter 19 . 3/24/2012
This story is heartbreaking in a...no, it's just heartbreaking. I have this knot in my stomach for poor Spike, It just feels like this is/was going to end badly.

Great writing, characterization, and an atmosphere that feels dreamlike or unreal.(hence the knot in my stomach.) I really wish this had been finished.
M.F.K.Fisher chapter 19 . 9/20/2011
I wish I had stopped at every chapter to give you more feedback, I really dig the conception of this story. I got a hollow feeling in my gut when I realized that you might have sixth sensed us all. I know it's been 3 years, but this story deserves a great ending.
Munz chapter 19 . 4/28/2010
Oh no! This so so good! Please don't let it end here. The character portrayal is excellent. I love the plot that is developing and I'm scared for Spike.
KAMW220 chapter 19 . 10/5/2008
I've waltzed all over the net and your portal isn't working so well. I've been quiet and patient. Get on with it girly! I'm scared where you're going, but like a Russian tragedy, I just can't look away.
darklover chapter 19 . 1/19/2008
I love this story. You really did a good job of portraying the characters like a real couple. I just hope this isn't a figment of Spike's imagination.
Legen chapter 19 . 1/19/2008
this is good. a weird different story thats bee nwell thought out. i like it alot. keep em comin
Carol chapter 19 . 1/14/2008
Thanks for updating and attempting to finish this. I feel for Spike - I hope he does get his happy ending.
DarkasNight chapter 14 . 3/31/2007
M... i wish you could updated this story soon, i want to see that demon get his ass kicked by buffy, and have spike and buffy work out their problems
rosewillow chapter 13 . 3/3/2006
*entrigued* What ring? Oh... the silver ones? Not like any particular one? *pouts*

This is unbelievably sad, the last bit, I mean. It ties it all together. Too bad they only every feel free to talk and ask questions about the big questions after a marathon reunion. I like the symbolism of him hugging her leg-to help him feel more secure, yes? Also how it took Dawnie losing her one and only (we hope not) to reappreciate him more, even though it doesn't last. Buffy learns by example.
rosewillow chapter 14 . 3/3/2006
This is really good. I like how Buffy is much herself-still hungry for the dark, still using Spike. Makes me sad. Spike seems older and wiser, more resigned. I don't want them to go to hell, together or otherwise. It'll be interesting when the Scoobies finally figure out what happened. I also like how this isn't cutesy, hosting a holiday party or whatever. They have their new life, and Spike is still unwilling to let the Scoobies (Dawn not included) interviene in what they're building.

It's interesting that the Shards Spike of your most recent chapter reacted so much differently than this one to the same gift. Hm. I would have thought this Spike would be more restrained, to be honest. I can see what's holding Shards' Spike back, but this one hasn't the same mental scars.

Please update this. It's really good.
spbangel chapter 14 . 10/30/2005
amazing the spuffyness is the best ive read please update asap
msberry chapter 14 . 10/27/2005
Great update!
Brunettepet chapter 14 . 10/26/2005
Buffy is such a manipulative bitch, but I love that Spike calls her on it. She does like to play in the darkness, but on her terms and for her pleasure. She gets what she wants out of their relationship and her life, is Spike getting everything he wants, too? They don't talk enough, and it keeps Spike at arms length.

I love the tone of this story, it's quiet and angsty and violent in turns. Buffy is an enigma, and I don't trust her motivations for being with Spike. Is Spike really in a hell dimension, getting primed for a huge fall? The backdrop of the mundanity of his life would make that even more of a horrible shock.
msberry chapter 12 . 9/5/2005
Great mystery about what's going on - looking forward to updates!