Reviews for A Pirate is a Pirate
creativesm75 chapter 9 . 2/2/2017
nice
Aiko-chan18 chapter 9 . 8/26/2016
very goodI really love your stories
Atheleia chapter 5 . 3/4/2011
A bit OOC and not completely Canon.

First off, Ace is NOT Luffy's brother or at least they weren't born from the same family. Second, Luffy earned the scar at the beginning of the show of One Piece, so having him apparently scarred here is not following the storyline. In addition, it's rather unlikely that it would only require 2 stitches for a stab in the fact (winces). Finally, where'd Luffy get a knife from?

These are a couple of things I noticed while reading the first 5 chapters that you could improve on.

~tonsostuff
Fedski chapter 9 . 4/8/2010
i am crying.

that was BEAUTIFUL! Gosh! You are a brilliant writer! :) congrats on the great story!
kenkao.inukags chapter 2 . 5/7/2009
I like this story! hope it gets better as I keep reading ]
starstruck87 chapter 9 . 7/26/2008
Great story... I thought Luffy's Father was Monkey D. Dragon. It says so in the anime. I'm confused now.
ChiakiAngel chapter 9 . 8/30/2007
I loved it.
Akseel chapter 9 . 1/13/2007
Well, well, that was a nice tale ! It doesn't follow exactly what happens in the manga/anime, but well, that's AUs for you. There's one thing I don't get though, that's how Luffy and Ace can have black hair if both their father and mother had red hair ?

But I loved it - lots of Shanks and everything.
Akseel chapter 5 . 1/13/2007
Mouhahaha ! The more I read, the more I like ! Poor Shanks, really... (not to mention, the scar thing was actually Yasopp's fault... lol). I bet Shanks' gonna be massacred by Marina when she sees Luffy, teehee.
Akseel chapter 3 . 1/13/2007
Wush I love this ! *eyes filled with stars* Shanks and Ace and... everything I like ! And I think you stuck pretty close to the characters' personnality. Ok, gotta read next chapter :D
Fishheads chapter 9 . 10/2/2006
WE!
Captain-Hina's-Love-Slave chapter 9 . 7/5/2006
Wow... I can't believe I never read this fic before - it's brilliant! You've given Ace and Luffy a really plausible background, and explained Shanks' connection to them so well, it could almost be part of the series. Though I personally prefer to believe Shanks isn't related to them (I'm not sure why, but there you go). And here's some MAJOR nitpicking - Buggy tells us that Shanks has always worn a straw hat. You may ignore that if you like - it's the sort of scrutiny I subject my own work to, which is why it sometimes takes me ages to write anything. I think you write Ace best - bless him, what a lovely little boy! And you do Shanks extremely well too. You seem to be one of those fairly rare writers who does those two in character, rather than going down the predictable old route of just writing about how cool they are, and how well they fight. I will definately be reading your other fics!
Inumaru12 chapter 3 . 3/29/2006
that rocked!
The.Adventures.Of.Me chapter 3 . 3/10/2006
Great story! So great, i have to fave. it!
WhiteIcePhoenix chapter 3 . 12/16/2005
BRILL! AWESOME!OUT OF THIS WORLD!

I FAV YOU IMMEDIATLY!