Reviews for Salvage what you can
JaneDoh0 chapter 12 . 5/22/2014
Wow! I mean this in the best way possible: you really know how to hurt the characters you love! I really enjoyed this story. I liked the slow build of Severus and Remus's relationship, the IMP, and the fact that you leave what happened to Lucius for the reader to decide.
shadowgrl94 chapter 12 . 5/14/2013
i positively LOVE Severus' house elf and kneazle!

This was such an endearing story. Great work.
stripeysocks123 chapter 12 . 4/15/2013
Thank you for this story. :)
I've only just discovered the wonder that is Remus/Severus, and this is the first real story I've read centered around them alone.
I love your decriptions of Severus, especially the way you manage to describe him when he's emotional, adoring and in love, and somehow make it feel like the most natural thing in the world. Believable even though it's a far stretch from the Professor Snape we're all used to!
NightStalker21 chapter 12 . 4/3/2012
Wow, this is an amazing story that I found seven years late. I'm with everyone else. Aurors are incompetent. And I love the part where Severus laughed like a loon. "Gryffindor may have won the war, but the war turned them all into Slytherins." Epic quote and so very true. Love thr irony. Even Remus had to bury the courage and jump on the deception wagon to pull off this one.

It was great. I enjoyed it.
wrappedinharry chapter 4 . 12/10/2011
I found this story by following the trail of a reviewer of mine who had favourited one of your other stories and you were also one of his (her) favourite authors.

I have always been fascinated by the Severus/Remus ship but good stories are thin on the ground. So far, I am enjoying this very much.

I can happily mentally embrace this less acerbic Snape, though I was a tad put off by his antics in the hospital wing with the owl. You did mention Sev was OOC and he certainly was. Even in the throes of great pleasure, I picture Severus as being much more quietly restrained.

The rest though, I have found very entertaining. Your depiction of Remus is wonderful and I am so happy that Harry is part of your story, though how much he will feature is yet to be seen.

Severus experimental potion was wonderfully thought out and very enjoyable to read. I was rather wondering how the boys were going to get out of that one.

Lovely to see some of the other canon characters. Are Neville and Ginny an item I wonder. I hope not because I love the H/G ship. As things stand now, Harry doesn't seem to have a romantic relationship at all.

I also loved that Harry is building an entirely new house on the property at GH. I am usually not a fan of Severus coming from a monied background, but if there had to be money in his background, then this depletion of fortunes and the history attached to it was very well thought out and I can happily live with it.

This meeting with Sev and Remus was a pleasure to read as was the appearance of the kneazle. Beautifully written and very amusing.

I read through some of your previous reviews and was shocked to see the venomous diatribe for chapter 1 by some-seemingly unbalanced-creature... a concoction made entirely of insults that do not seem to refer to any part of the chapter or story as a whole that I could see (though I skimmed through most of it). I wonder if you reported the reivew for abuse. It's a shame writers cannot remove reviews that are abusive, like this one was. It seemed to be a personal attack.

So now, onto chapter 5.

Lesley
FireSenshi2 chapter 12 . 3/15/2011
This is a really sweet story! Thanks for sharing! :)
Popcornzoe chapter 5 . 3/7/2011
Oh wow... just that description of torture has my knee throbbing (although this is probably my mind playing tricks on me). Fantastic chapter (:
HexesAndOhhhs chapter 12 . 2/3/2011
Awesome Fic!

I love how Sev and Remus are so damaged but still compliment each other.

Saving to Favorites.
Ronnie2123 chapter 12 . 12/28/2010
Wow, that was a great story. I really enjoyed reading this! Your descriptions of their emotions as well as physical aspects like the scenery and such was well done. Great job!
Ronnie2123 chapter 6 . 12/28/2010
"A/N: Awwww!"

My sentiments exactly! Awww, the ending of this chapter was terribly cute.
Les Dowich chapter 12 . 12/16/2010
I may have already left reviews for this story but I have finished reading it again and I have to say it only got better the second time I read it.

Just thought I'd mention that. LOL

Regards

Les
Larry chapter 8 . 8/21/2010
I normally don't review much - normally just at the end or not at all - but I've as yet quite enjoyed your flower references. I don't like most Dahlias overmuch - they're like slightly ugly Marigolds - but the Bishop of Llandaff is lovely. As well, Laburnums are /gorgeous/ - I live in a Mediterranean climate, and we don't have too many flowers/trees like that here. The prettiest trees we have here are Crepe Myrtle or Jacarandas or Pepper or Olive trees (the prettiest flowers Lantanas and Marigolds, and maybe Impatiens, though those can be boring), but the vast majority of the local flora is greyish shrubbery. Hearing about new and lovely species of plants is thoroughly enjoyable.

I'm quite enjoying the story so far. It's not the best I've read, but definitely not the worst. The writing could be a little better, and you seem to have a bit of a fascination with making things fancier than they need be, but I'm enjoying the plot and the story is fun to read, so thank you.
Cynthia chapter 12 . 11/8/2009
You are one amazing writer. Nicely done.
chivalric chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Nice beginning. I'm a fan of the ship and curious where you will be going with this.
Muirgen Monet chapter 5 . 8/22/2009
Blegh. The torture was revolting, as it was supposed to be of course. I did chuckle at Snape's gallows humour. Voldemort's defeat seemed a little anti-climatic perhaps, but the main focus is what happens afterwards.